Fiio X7 Australia / New Zealand Tour Thread
Nov 4, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #16 of 42
I've gotten the unit over from @djvkool yesterday evening and have just updated the firmware to the latest 2nd November build release. Overall impressions are very positive after the update and I'm looking forward to spending more time with the X7 to form a better impression :)

Nov 8, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #17 of 42
X7 review posted (http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x7/reviews/14456) and it will be in transit to Yudi tomorrow.  I really don't want to say good bye to it 
frown.gif

Nov 11, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #19 of 42
X7 on the way to Loquah.

Wanting to take photos of the amp module separate from the main body, I couldn't for the life of me get one of the screws out to undock the amp module using the provided screwdriver and my own, and I tried lots of methods, and sorry guys now that screw head is stripped. It doesn't provide enough grip and is wayyyyyy overtightened in the first place. The other was unscrewed very easily in contrast.
I'm concerned about this locking mechanism if I were to get a X7 for myself and come into the same situation eventually when I want to change amp modules.

Nov 11, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #20 of 42
To the Kiwis on the NZ Leg - rather than detaching the amp module, feel free to just use my photos in your review if you want to. Better than risking any damage to the unit

Nov 12, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #22 of 42
We could probably slot you in after Lachlan (Loquah).  You've read the rules and happy to provide a full review?

Nov 12, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #23 of 42
  We could probably slot you in after Lachlan (Loquah).  You've read the rules and happy to provide a full review?

That's great!!
If this level of review is good enough for you;

http://www.head-fi.org/products/noble-audio-savant/reviews/14412

then I'm happy to join the tour and provide the full review. ^_^
that was my very first review, I might make a better 1 this time

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #24 of 42
Added emptymt (Michael) to the Aussie tour - after Lachlan.

Nov 24, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #25 of 42
Just a reminder lads - reviews in the X7 product page, and please advise me here when posted.  I'd prefer not to have to chase them.

Nov 24, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #26 of 42
May have missed it in the threads, but do you know if it will work with inline cable controls (the Sony ZX2 doesn't). ?

I have a remote cable for my SE846's with +/- volume & the centre play/pause/next/previous button which works great on Samsung Smartphones. Ideally after a DAP that responds to these buttons (even if it needs a separate app).

Nov 24, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #27 of 42
Unfortunately I don't have it to check at the moment - but hopefully one of our guys on the tour might be able to answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back