FiiO X5 proposed new functionality: add whole folders to playlist; auto-advance playback through folders
Jul 21, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #31 of 48
For organization you want to go back to the way 2.02 organizes the Play All by Artist category (it's perfect). I know, I know, I've said it a million times.

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #32 of 48
I remembered contacting FiiO a few months back and this was not in consideration yet at that point of time - Glad it is now! Now I have a good reason to get myself a FiiO X5.
smily_headphones1.gif

thing change when time go on. 
L3000.gif

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 20, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #34 of 48
After spending the past two weeks struggling to get folders / playlists set up in my new X5.... please please PLEASE add this functionality ASAP.  I love this device, but it's a real pain to use when you want to listen to two albums in a row, or to play a 2 CD Album (The Wall by Pink Floyd, for example).  

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #35 of 48
  After spending the past two weeks struggling to get folders / playlists set up in my new X5.... please please PLEASE add this functionality ASAP.  I love this device, but it's a real pain to use when you want to listen to two albums in a row, or to play a 2 CD Album (The Wall by Pink Floyd, for example).  

2 disc albums are easy - just put them in the same folder with sequential track numbers (e.g. Disc 1 = 1-10 and Disc 2 = 11-20)

2 separate albums in a row... not so much

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #36 of 48
Well, that's more of a workaround really, but yes, that's what I currently do.  It works, but it's a bit inelegant when managing some 4,000+ tracks that already have track numbers & album numbers in their tags.  Thanks tho!

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #37 of 48
  Well, that's more of a workaround really, but yes, that's what I currently do.  It works, but it's a bit inelegant when managing some 4,000+ tracks that already have track numbers & album numbers in their tags.  Thanks tho!

I agree and understand. Glad to hear you're onto it already until there's a better solution
beerchug.gif

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #38 of 48
A new request;

After using the Neutron music player app on my Blackberry Z10 I find that it has a feature I want on my X5 - the ability to enable and adjust crossfeed; this makes a big difference with head phones, especially so with the mastering and stereo separation on particular albums.

And of course I still want to be able to automatically play the next folder.

Nov 26, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #39 of 48
I will be delighted when we can add whole folders to playlists, can you confirm that this will be available for folders on the OTG as well as the TF cards ? Please make sure that it will work. I would like to see all the same functionality for OTG storage as you have for the TF cards (including scanning into the library). Once both of those things are working and we have replay gain, I'm a very happy man.

Nov 26, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #41 of 48
It's not about thinking of it, it's about implementing it along with all the other features. Most hi-res players (especially early attempts from new manufacturers) experience some growing pains. FiiO are out-performing many of their peers with regular updates and community discussion / input.

Jan 28, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #42 of 48
I plan to brick to X 5s together for more memory.  Are there any thoughts of creating an external hard drive about the same size as the X 5 which could then be bricked to the X 5?  That would allow 1 or 2tb of storage.  I would think this is technologically possible.

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #43 of 48
I have a Integral 512gb SSD which I use via OTG. OTG compatibility is pretty flaky with the X5 but the Integral SSD definitely works.

I doubt Fiio will make their own OTG storage as I get the feeling they regret putting the facility on the X5 - as well as the compatability issues, you can't scan the OTG storage into the library ( for reasons which suggest Fiio think you should only use OTG occasionally), and so I can only conclude that the OTG support is very half hearted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back