Fiio X5 III vs. iBasso DX80
Aug 15, 2018 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bose301s

100+ Head-Fier
Currently I have both the Fiio X5 III and iBasso DX80. They both seem to have their pluses and minuses, the Fiio is so slow but has more features than the iBasso due to being an Android based DAP and it has the ViPER effects which are powerful for adjusting sound and in general offers more adjustment. The DX80 is easier to use and seems to last longer plus it has an optical out. These will mainly be used as teh source in my car sound system. My Amp/DSP has an optical input which I would pan on using with the iBasso, for the Fiio I can get a USB input that would allow me to run digital into the DSP or use a coax to optical converter. I will on occasion use these for headphone listening.

Based on this, if you were to choose one to keep which would you choose?

Aug 17, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #3 of 3
Sell both and buy dx150 or dx200.
There's a lot of DAPs out there that are interesting, the HiBy R6 is one, but the output impedance is 10 ohms and the IEMs I have are 10 ohms and in reading that messes with things. My over ears are 32 ohms so would be fine on that.

The Fiio X7 II is also a very good one and the Cayin N5iiS and definitely the DX150. The thing is I got the X5 III and DX80 for good prices, I have less invested in both of them combined than any of the mentioned DAPs cost. I don't need to go for the DX150 at this point either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back