Fiio x5 gapless reproductions doubts
Apr 14, 2014 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

angeche

New Head-Fier
Hi, after purchasing the x3 a few weeks ago I am now the proud owner of the fiio x5. Really nice.....

But I have a doubt. I have set the gapless reproduction but it seems not to work, at least on HD tracks. There is a gap that albeit brief, spoils the lsitening experience in classic music recordings. Am I right or am I doing something wrong?

Apr 15, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #2 of 6
I don't know about the x5, but with the x3 gapless will only work properly when playing by folder (not using the database).

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #4 of 6
That would be a deal breaker for me. If it can't do seamless true gapless playback, I no longer want it.

To quote from the manual
Gapless playback means going from one music file to the next without a pause
in between. Enable gapless playback on the X5 by entering Play settings from
the main menu and setting the Gapless playback option to On. (Note: gapless
playback is not supported in shuffle and loop-single-song modes.)

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #5 of 6
That would be a deal breaker for me. If it can't do seamless true gapless playback, I no longer want it.

To quote from the manual

It has been sorted in the fiio x5 thread, page 470, my firmware version is 1.20 and new beta version 1.23 sorts the problem. So all I need to do is to upgrade the firmware

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #6 of 6
It has been sorted in the fiio x5 thread, page 470, my firmware version is 1.20 and new beta version 1.23 sorts the problem. So all I need to do is to upgrade the firmware

Well that's good news...
Was it a bug introduced in 1.20 or has it been an issue from the earliest firmware?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back