Fiio X3K just arrived
Apr 16, 2015 at 9:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Saxon

New Head-Fier
My Fiio X3K just arrived as has my brand new Samsung 128GB card.  Can anyone tell me how much the Fat32 v Exfat format of the card matters.  Card came pre-formatted as ex-FAT - will it work on the X3K and will it sound as good as FAT 32?  If I should reformat it can somebody tell me how to do it from the Fiio X3K.

I'm keen to get some music onto it!

Saxon

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #2 of 5
My Fiio X3K just arrived as has my brand new Samsung 128GB card.  Can anyone tell me how much the Fat32 v Exfat format of the card matters.  Card came pre-formatted as ex-FAT - will it work on the X3K and will it sound as good as FAT 32?  If I should reformat it can somebody tell me how to do it from the Fiio X3K.

I'm keen to get some music onto it!

Saxon

Hello Saxon,

I would recommend formatting the card in the X3 2nd gen (as we are calling it). Insert the card in the X3, turn on the X3 and go to System Settings->Storage Formatting and select Yes to format the card using the X3 to FAT32.

It would work better with the X3 and you would be able to use the card for firmware upgrades, which exclusively require a FAT32 card.

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 16, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #3 of 5
Received my X3II/ 2nd gen yesterday April 15. Firmware is X3II 1.0
I Cannot find new FW for the X3II on the FiiO site... No mention of what is the current firmware for the X3II on the website. I assume I should not use the X3 firmware. Does the X3II have a firmware update?

Apr 16, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #4 of 5
  Received my X3II/ 2nd gen yesterday April 15. Firmware is X3II 1.0
I Cannot find new FW for the X3II on the FiiO site... No mention of what is the current firmware for the X3II on the website. I assume I should not use the X3 firmware. Does the X3II have a firmware update?

I would assume the X3K currently ships using the first "official" post beta firmware version (1.0) and FiiO might be waiting for customer feedback before doing any new firmware updates, for the X3K.
I would assume the X3 firmware would not work well with the X3K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back