Fiio X3ii issue
Oct 22, 2015 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

NIels1987

New Head-Fier
Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me with the following issue:

Yesterday i bought a new Fiio X3ii

I'm loving it but i have a problem.
When i remove songs and/or folders from the SD card, The songs are not removed from the Fiio.

They still show up on the device and are still playing. I also manually updated the library to make sure but the songs are still on the device. I also have the latest firmware and the SD card was formatted the correct way.

Any advice?
Thanks in advance!

Greetings
Niels

Oct 24, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #3 of 11
Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me with the following issue:

[COLOR=000]Yesterday i bought a new Fiio X3ii[/COLOR][COLOR=444444]
[/COLOR][COLOR=444444]
[/COLOR][COLOR=000]I'm loving it but i have a problem.[/COLOR][COLOR=444444]
[/COLOR][COLOR=000]When i remove songs and/or folders from the SD card, The songs are not removed from the Fiio.[/COLOR][COLOR=444444]
[/COLOR][COLOR=444444]
[/COLOR][COLOR=000]They still show up on the device and are still playing. I also manually updated the library to make sure but the songs are still on the device. I also have the latest firmware and the SD card was formatted the correct way.[/COLOR][COLOR=444444]
[/COLOR][COLOR=444444]
[/COLOR][COLOR=000]Any advice?[/COLOR][COLOR=444444]
[/COLOR][COLOR=000]Thanks in advance![/COLOR][COLOR=444444]
[/COLOR][COLOR=444444]
[/COLOR][COLOR=000]Greetings[/COLOR][COLOR=444444]
[/COLOR][COLOR=000]Niels[/COLOR]

Well, there is no internal memory, so that sounds strange, if not impossible.

How are you removing the songs?

Do you take the card out of the player, or are you connecting the player to the computer with the card in the player?

Oct 24, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #4 of 11
Hello,

I've tried it both ways. With the device plugged in my mac and just with the sd-card

For example: When i open the sd card on my mac, i see the folder with all my music sorted by artist in subfolders. When i remove the entire subfolder of a specific artist and plug the sd card back in my fiio and power it on... the folder is still visible and playing on the fiio.

It seems that there is a problem with my mac or the sd-card... 

Oct 24, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #5 of 11
  Hello,

I've tried it both ways. With the device plugged in my mac and just with the sd-card

For example: When i open the sd card on my mac, i see the folder with all my music sorted by artist in subfolders. When i remove the entire subfolder of a specific artist and plug the sd card back in my fiio and power it on... the folder is still visible and playing on the fiio.

It seems that there is a problem with my mac or the sd-card... 

When you remove a sub-folder are you dragging and dropping, or are you deleting the folder? 

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #7 of 11
  Just right-mouseclick to the recycle bin...

With the sd card in the computer (or the X3ii connected with the card inserted) right click and move the folder to the recycle (called "trash" on the Mac correct?).  Then, with the card still connected, empty the trash.  This will delete the file for real (rather than just marking it as trash, but leaving it there).

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #8 of 11

With the sd card in the computer (or the X3ii connected with the card inserted) right click and move the folder to the recycle (called "trash" on the Mac correct?).  Then, with the card still connected, empty the trash.  This will delete the file for real (rather than just marking it as trash, but leaving it there).

Ok, i will try that tomorrow!

Thank you!

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #9 of 11
I'm sure I read, and this is just in case you use playlists, if a song is in a playlist and you only delete the song from a folder and leave the playlist, the song will remain. It's a quirk.

I'm also sure I read that FiiO's are notoriously quirky with Macs.

Oct 25, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #10 of 11
  Just right-mouseclick to the recycle bin...

I want to ask you this. Are you seeing the deleted folder in the 'Browse Files' directory on the X3ii or 'Category' directory? (Category directory is the music library that you browse by Artists, Albums, Genres or All Songs, while the Browse Files directory is accessing the files through folders) If you are seeing it on the Category directory, you may want to 'Update Media Library' in the settings for the device to reflect the changes made to your library. **You probably did this already. Just throwing out all ideas that come to mind.

Sep 24, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #11 of 11
I am having the same problem. Did this work for you? As soon as I get off work I'm gonna go home and try this. Just wanted to check and see if by emptying your trash with the X 3 2nd Gen still hooked up to the Mac if it frees up that space on that SD disk it was driving me crazy last night. I ended up a reformatting my desk and had to reload everything back on it which took about nine hours. Please if anybody knows that this is the correct solution let me know I would appreciate it thank you !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back