Fiio X3 with E12
Sep 4, 2015 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mdh994

100+ Head-Fier
Just wondering, I have a pair of m50x's and a pair of shure se215,
I own a fiio x3 first generation and i am just wondering if the E12 will improve sound quality.
Would it be worth spending an extra 150 bucks on, I love the x3 it sounds amazing
but if the sound could be improved even more I would be even more impressed.

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #2 of 5
Anyone? I am thinking about buying one tomorrow

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #3 of 5
  Just wondering, I have a pair of m50x's and a pair of shure se215,
I own a fiio x3 first generation and i am just wondering if the E12 will improve sound quality.
Would it be worth spending an extra 150 bucks on, I love the x3 it sounds amazing
but if the sound could be improved even more I would be even more impressed.

The E11 makes a difference for my AKG K550s through the line out of the X3. It adds a lot of volume but that isn't really needed. It does improve the clarity and makes them sound more enjoyable some of the time. Even the small E11 adds too much bulk for me though.
The E12 will make a much bigger difference to the sound quality that your should notice on your M50x's. If you don't mind the fact that the E12 will take up a lot of space, it should go well with the X3 and improve the sound. You just won't then be able to use the X3's hardware bass and treble feature. The E12 has bass boost that is of very good quality but it only boosts it by a very small amount from what I have heard. (I don't own the E12).

Even so, I am quite sure it will change and improve the sound and you hopefully will think it was worth buying.

Sep 7, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #4 of 5
I use the E12 with my X3II and I love it. My headphones are Sony MDR-1A which like your m50x don't really need an amp, but I find the music more enjoyable with the E12. More alive, more punchy, and of course louder.

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated. I might pick myself up one before they go off special. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back