Fiio X1 VS Colorfly C3?
Feb 23, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #16 of 18
Hey H20fidelity, any updated impression on x1 vs c3?

Hi there,

What is it you'd like to know about the two players? I have since sold them both holding great respect for Colorfly C3 and similar feelings for FiiO X1 in reflection of their respected price range.

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #17 of 18
Hi there,

What is it you'd like to know about the two players? I have since sold them both holding great respect for Colorfly C3 and similar feelings for FiiO X1 in reflection of their respected price range.

I wanted to know how close are they t each other in pure SQ comparo and which one is better? Put differently, if C3 is best then if you give it 100 points then what would X1 and sandisk players score?

Feb 24, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #18 of 18
I wanted to know how close are they t each other in pure SQ comparo and which one is better? Put differently, if C3 is best then if you give it 100 points then what would X1 and sandisk players score?

They're different more than one being better, each have up/downsides depending on your preference.

X1 has a complete user interface, features, little things like a larger colour screen, many settings you can adjust, things like a true line out for adding external amps. Its sound is thicker, fuller and slightly warm in tone which may make it sound a little limited in clarity or vibrancy but overall quite balanced and complete. Also has more power.

Colorfly C3 on the other hand, is brighter, thinner, cleaner sounding with an advantage in soundstage width and separation, it sounds richer, leaner, C3 also suffers a small amount of low-end roll off which can make electronic genres and dance music sound like they're lacking some sub-bass presence. C3 has less power than X1.

C3 is however what I'd call more 'audiophile orientated' geared towards those who want something unique and can hold its own against some players even double its price, some Cowons for example, or iPods. Its UI is very basic and requires workarounds to get albums in order, the screen only show 2 folders at anytime. Its bare bones compromise for a leaner, cleaner airy sound.

If C3 is 100 points, I give Sansa 70.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back