Fiio X1 impressions
Sep 24, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #16 of 21
Aren't we humans a strange lot, Fiio make something sweet looking out of aluminium and we want to make it look like its made of wood. If it was made of wood we would be covering it in stickers to make it look like aluminium. There's no pleasing us!

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #17 of 21
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FiiO-X1-Hi-Res-Ultra-Portable-Compact-Lightweight-DAP-MP3-Player-Brushed-Silver-/251655409593?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a97d4cfb9

is that legit? do you recomend it or wait for Penonaudio or something?

Sep 24, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #18 of 21
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/FiiO-X1-Hi-Res-Ultra-Portable-Compact-Lightweight-DAP-MP3-Player-Brushed-Silver-/251655409593?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a97d4cfb9

is that legit? do you recomend it or wait for Penonaudio or something?

It looks legit, and the seller has plenty of transactions with a high feedback score.  Also, eight units have already sold, it says, but I don't understand (unless you're outside the USA) why you'd want to pay ~$10 for shipping when the X1 can be bought from Micca Store for the same price and free shipping.

Plus, once you receive the unit you can check the authenticity of it on FiiO's site.  So, if there's any issues you can return to the seller within 14 days.

Sep 24, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #19 of 21
Have we resolved what it's made from? I assume it's plastic with a metallic finish. My thought was that the transfers and screen protector between them will protect it from scratches well enough that i can avoid the silicon sleeve, which, is more useful than attractive.

Aren't we humans a strange lot, Fiio make something sweet looking out of aluminium and we want to make it look like its made of wood. If it was made of wood we would be covering it in stickers to make it look like aluminium. There's no pleasing us!

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #20 of 21
Very nice impressions and shots. I'm very interested to know more about X1-Havi pairing, since I have the B3 and I preorder the X1 at a local distributor. Have you heard the havis properly amped before the X1? can you feel anything lacking in the havis while driven by the X1?

Thanks

Sep 25, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #21 of 21
My experience is pretty limited, jaxz. My kit consists of jvc ha500s, xiaomi pistons, and the cheaper iems i was using until recently. as a source, i have a xiaomi 2s phone and laptop with ele dac. the latter ought to provide similar power, or at least adequate to judge.
for what it's worth i was listening to some rock this morning and turned the volume down to 50. i would say 50~70 with the b3 pro will cover most types of music and situations. i'll have a listen with the ele when i get chance and see if anything stands out.
i would think that if you like the b3 with other sources you ought to be fine. the power is enough and you can make some changes with the eq. you'd be unlucky if it sounded bad after that having liked them on other players!

Very nice impressions and shots. I'm very interested to know more about X1-Havi pairing, since I have the B3 and I preorder the X1 at a local distributor. Have you heard the havis properly amped before the X1? can you feel anything lacking in the havis while driven by the X1?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back