FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Jan 8, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #3,110 of 3,121
Jul 6, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #3,113 of 3,121
Obviously. I switched 2 months ago and didn't miss this device a single day since then. It wasn't that bad but others are so much better now.
Will never again buy from Fiio, the way they drop support and communication for a product is pretty disgusting, if they want my money then they need to be more professional, they never take responsibility either, it's always someone else's fault

Aug 25, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #3,115 of 3,121
Attempting to update firmware per Fiio's instructions, and it bricked my player. Will not update, will not function.

Have you tried a hard reset/initialization?

Instructions from Fiio site:

In the unlikely case that your X3 2nd gen/X1/X3/X5 produces a system error or frozen screen such that e.g. it cannot be shut down or turned on, please try to hard reset it first, simply by poking the reset hole with an unfolded paper clip;
If you run into a "system error" or something similar while updating the firmware, please perform a reset or forced shutdown (holding the power button on the X3 / X3 2nd gen / X5 for 15 seconds or poking the reset hole in the X1 for 6 seconds) and attempt the upgrade again. If the upgrade still fails, please try copying the firmware to a smaller capacity micro SD card (32GB or under) formatted in FAT32 (e.g. using the player) and attempt the update again.

Aug 26, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #3,116 of 3,121
Have you tried a hard reset/initialization?

Instructions from Fiio site:

In the unlikely case that your X3 2nd gen/X1/X3/X5 produces a system error or frozen screen such that e.g. it cannot be shut down or turned on, please try to hard reset it first, simply by poking the reset hole with an unfolded paper clip;
If you run into a "system error" or something similar while updating the firmware, please perform a reset or forced shutdown (holding the power button on the X3 / X3 2nd gen / X5 for 15 seconds or poking the reset hole in the X1 for 6 seconds) and attempt the upgrade again. If the upgrade still fails, please try copying the firmware to a smaller capacity micro SD card (32GB or under) formatted in FAT32 (e.g. using the player) and attempt the update again.
I think I ended up with a hard reset. The player made the microSD card unrecognizable to my PC and I had to re-format it. I used the same firmware download, and this time, it did come to life with the new firmware loaded. I had to completely re-copy the music library I had on the 128 GB card. Anyways, I really wish there was a RockBox port for this device with a better navigation system for folders or Artists.

Aug 26, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #3,117 of 3,121
Well, I take back my previous post. While it did recover and took a VERY long time to recreate my media library - after playing through the directory it was in before the whole issue started, the unit froze again. Hard reset required. I pulled the microSD card out this time, to avoid another required re-format of the card, and of course, the media library recreation started and the unit sits unusable as it indexes a 128 GB microSD card. I want my money back. Has anyone ever successfully gotten a refund from FiiO? I don't know what brand to actually trust - I would like a DAP, but if it's going to cost me as much as a 128 GB iPhone, I might as well buy a 128 GB iPhone as a DAP!

Aug 26, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #3,118 of 3,121
Well, I take back my previous post. While it did recover and took a VERY long time to recreate my media library - after playing through the directory it was in before the whole issue started, the unit froze again. Hard reset required. I pulled the microSD card out this time, to avoid another required re-format of the card, and of course, the media library recreation started and the unit sits unusable as it indexes a 128 GB microSD card. I want my money back. Has anyone ever successfully gotten a refund from FiiO? I don't know what brand to actually trust - I would like a DAP, but if it's going to cost me as much as a 128 GB iPhone, I might as well buy a 128 GB iPhone as a DAP!
Well you can ask for a refund from the company you bought it from, I wouldn't bother asking fiio themselves as they don't really care about customers. It's a bad device in lots of ways, but it's still a lot better than any phone as a dap, they aren't comparable. As I say, bad device, very poor - there's many better options, but phones are still at the bottom of the pile, unless convenience trump's audio quality, which it does for some

Oct 26, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #3,120 of 3,121
Is it possible to see, overall, what albums on the FiiO X1 has cover art? I'm browsing through mine and it seems to have most of it...but is there a more convenient way then just clicking and playing on it?

If I want the album to have cover art, what type of file do I need to add to the folder?

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back