FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Aug 30, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #3,091 of 3,121
Technically. Whatever you hook up to it draws power from the device. I used large flash drives and card readers with mine. Never tried anything bigger. If you check out the N3 thread, there's discussions about OTG and the drives people are using with it.

Sweet!

Sep 4, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #3,092 of 3,121
My FiiO X1 has started to pause randomly for the past couple of days. When I click play, the song continues to "play," but I sometimes hear no music. I've had the FiiO X1 for about 2 years. I used 2 different headphones and I get the same problem. How can I fix this? Thank you.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #3,093 of 3,121
My FiiO X1 has started to pause randomly for the past couple of days. When I click play, the song continues to "play," but I sometimes hear no music. I've had the FiiO X1 for about 2 years. I used 2 different headphones and I get the same problem. How can I fix this? Thank you.
Throw it to the garbage. Get a better player. Fiio X1-2 is no good

Sep 10, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #3,097 of 3,121
Found a deal for an x1ii for 55 usd, should I give it a shot? Or should I look for a gen1?

Thanks!
Assuming it's in good working order I'd give it a go. Sound wise it's certainly worth $55 and most of the weaknesses in the design have to do with managing your collection, read here and you know what they are.

While the device might not be perfect I'm still enjoying it, for me it was a big step up from a clip+ and those also gofor around $50 nowadays.

Nov 21, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #3,100 of 3,121
So, seems like @FiiO has some answers to the firmware problems with X1II and X3III.
https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO/...=2055634184494104&comment_tracking={"tn":"R"}

upload_2018-11-22_1-25-59.png

Jan 5, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #3,102 of 3,121
Hi
I just got an X1 gen 2

Loading the tunes from an SD card - have a 64 gig with around 33 gigs of mp3's - shows the number of songs being updated as "zero" for around 5 minutes or so. Then it starts to increment up.
Nearly 6K tunes on this card. Takes around 15 minutes (haven't done an exact time)

I have an SD card 128 gigs, which is a backup of my entire collection (at this time) it has around 14K tunes.

When I try to update this card, it remains on "zero" for over an hour. I gave up at this time. This card is functional, on a pc - shows no errors, bad blocks, etc...

Will this device successfully scan this card after 1 hour? How will it perform with a database of nearly 14K files?

If this is beyond the devices capability - is there a similarly priced DAP that will handle such a database? Even if it's somewhat more pricy than the X1 gen 2 - that's ok.

I'm looking for:

Handle a large database (14K and growing)

Bluetooth - would like it to pair with my Nissan. Car sends a unique pin, wanting to confirm on the device's end. If i tell the car 'yes' it has the pin. it seems to pair, but does not play music.

In lieu of bluetooth - USB data mode. My car will play back from a usb storage device (flash drive) - the X1 when connected to the car, causes the car to prompt "Please check USB storage device"

Physical - buttons for volume up / down, and track next / back and pause.

Lastly - a nice screen for album art. Didn't think this would be a big thing, but I spent a lot of time finding the artwork, scanning, resizing, etc. I'd like the device to show the album artwork for the tune.

anything like that out there? The X1 gen 2 comes "so" close, but doesn't quite press all the buttons.

thanks

Jan 5, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #3,103 of 3,121
Hi
I just got an X1 gen 2

Loading the tunes from an SD card - have a 64 gig with around 33 gigs of mp3's - shows the number of songs being updated as "zero" for around 5 minutes or so. Then it starts to increment up.
Nearly 6K tunes on this card. Takes around 15 minutes (haven't done an exact time)

I have an SD card 128 gigs, which is a backup of my entire collection (at this time) it has around 14K tunes.

When I try to update this card, it remains on "zero" for over an hour. I gave up at this time. This card is functional, on a pc - shows no errors, bad blocks, etc...

Will this device successfully scan this card after 1 hour? How will it perform with a database of nearly 14K files?

If this is beyond the devices capability - is there a similarly priced DAP that will handle such a database? Even if it's somewhat more pricy than the X1 gen 2 - that's ok.

I'm looking for:

Bluetooth - would like it to pair with my Nissan. Car sends a unique pin, wanting to confirm on the device's end. If i tell the car 'yes' it has the pin. it seems to pair, but does not play music.

In lieu of bluetooth - USB data mode. My car will play back from a usb storage device (flash drive) - the X1 when connected to the car, causes the car to prompt "Please check USB storage device"

Lastly - a nice screen for album art. Didn't think this would be a big thing, but I spent a lot of time finding the artwork, scanning, resizing, etc. I'd like the device to show the album artwork for the tune.

anything like that out there? The X1 gen 2 comes "so" close, but doesn't quite press all the buttons.

thanks

Unfortunately looking at your requirements, you couldn't have chosen a worse dap. It doesn't meet many of your requirements. A quick Google or search on Amazon will show other daps by Canyin or Shanling, but for this kind of budget you probably need to lower your expectations. The X1 is cheap, sounds ok but that's where it ends, it's a rotten performer in lots of ways. Whatever alternative you look at, be sure to Google it extensivley to check the feature set so your not disappointed again

Jan 5, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #3,104 of 3,121
Hi
I just got an X1 gen 2

I'm looking for:

thanks

Hi there,

I’m so sorry that it’s not working for you. I had the X1 and X1 gen 2 and they both were a pain to deal with. I got the 2 for the same reasons as you... did it deliver? NOAP. So I was searching the boards and googling like there was no tomorrow and saw that the Cayin N3 was a great alternative. I’ve had mine for about a month now and it’s pretty solid.

Physical buttons, Bluetooth, album art, loads large cards immediately, and more!

This is the best review I found on it that helped with my decision: https://www.google.com/amp/s/twister6.com/2017/04/15/cayin-n3/amp/

It’s still on sale at $109 from the store I bought it from https://shop.musicteck.com/collecti...-n3-dap-master-quality-digital-audio-player-2

Good luck!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back