FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Jan 9, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #1,831 of 3,121
  Dear bachankas,

Thank you for your feedback. We we roport to the product manager. But the user may not know the name of current playing music if showing "Next Track" below progress bar.

Best regards

Understood. Then maybe it is possible to add option for user to choose displayed info. I use Rockbox for more than few years and I got used to its WPS with "Next track" on the screen

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #1,832 of 3,121
Understood. Then maybe it is possible to add option for user to choose displayed info. I use Rockbox for more than few years and I got used to its WPS with "Next track" on the screen

It makes sense since you added the pic. Before, I couldn't understand what exactly you meant. Honestly, I think you're the first person Ive seen suggest this. It's not a bad idea, but never having it before, I guess i can live without it. I'd rather see them fix the main issues, then work on little things like this later.

Jan 9, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #1,833 of 3,121
Just got this. Firmware 1.4?. It sounds great. It does not display any of my ripped CD's in artist category. All songs went to unknown artist. This is a big problem. On the x3 and 5ii no issues. I was able to play them from the folder options. For the price this thing sounds primo. I am sure in future FW updates everything will be fixed. Why would anyone want another portable music other than this for the price. Do my x3ii and x5ii's sound better? Yes but if my first impression was hey this sounds pretty good then they should meet the niche of 95% of the market. My gripes with DAP's are battery life and lack of bluetooth. That's why an iPod and Sonys are my go to portable gear. You can't beat the battery life on them. 30 hours obliterates 8-10. Anyways x1 2nd gen is a great buy only to get better.

Jan 9, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #1,835 of 3,121
It makes sense since you added the pic. Before, I couldn't understand what exactly you meant. Honestly, I think you're the first person Ive seen suggest this. It's not a bad idea, but never having it before, I guess i can live without it. I'd rather see them fix the main issues, then work on little things like this later.

It is not necessary. However it is nice feature in Rockbox.

Just got this. Firmware 1.4?. It sounds great. It does not display any of my ripped CD's in artist category. All songs went to unknown artist. This is a big problem. On the x3 and 5ii no issues. I was able to play them from the folder options. For the price this thing sounds primo. I am sure in future FW updates everything will be fixed. Why would anyone want another portable music other than this for the price. Do my x3ii and x5ii's sound better? Yes but if my first impression was hey this sounds pretty good then they should meet the niche of 95% of the market. My gripes with DAP's are battery life and lack of bluetooth. That's why an iPod and Sonys are my go to portable gear. You can't beat the battery life on them. 30 hours obliterates 8-10. Anyways x1 2nd gen is a great buy only to get better.

Despite the SQ FiiO doesn't have gapless and ReplayGain - two important factors for me. That's why my main DAP is still iPod Video with Rockbox with worse SQ than X1II.

Jan 9, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #1,837 of 3,121
  I gave up waiting for the gapless update. However, I decided to stick with Fiio and bought an X3-II. This thing is fantastic--I should have bought it in the first place.

X3II's price is almost 2 tiems higher than X1II's. That's not my price range - I can afford that, but for me it's not worth it.
If I had to pay more for DAP, I would spend even more and buy X5III with BT, streaming and all nice features which I could actually use.

Jan 9, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #1,838 of 3,121
It is not necessary. However it is nice feature in Rockbox.

Despite the SQ FiiO doesn't have gapless and ReplayGain - two important factors for me. That's why my main DAP is still iPod Video with Rockbox with worse SQ than X1II.
yeah I agree about replay gain. But no matter there are always older cd's that need volume adjustment. I have 4 albums I have to bump up 3 or 4 notches. As for gapless I prefer it but a half a sec isn't going to kill me. Might hear something I should. Like the phone.

Jan 9, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #1,839 of 3,121
  X3II's price is almost 2 tiems higher than X1II's. That's not my price range - I can afford that, but for me it's not worth it.
If I had to pay more for DAP, I would spend even more and buy X5III with BT, streaming and all nice features which I could actually use.

I got a returned X3-II in mint condition at Fry's for $136, so it was an easy decision to make.

As far as streaming and all that, I really don't care because my phone can do it. Maybe it's just me, but these DAP's that are basically just outdated Android phones with no phone don't look very appealing.

Jan 9, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #1,840 of 3,121
I have too much music with fluent transition between tracks (f.e. Devin Townsend music) to abandon gapless, especially if there are many DAPs which can handle it. In many cases this little gap ruins the effect unfortunately.

ReplayGain is not as necessary as gapless, but it is much more comfortable if albums do not have such big volume differences. I had Sony A15 and it was horrible when I pumped volume up for older album and forgot about it when I started to play some more recent music.
I listen to metal mostly, it is powerful enough without too high volume :)

I do not like charging smartphone every day - that's why I don't listem music on them.

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #1,841 of 3,121
Quote:
Just got this. Firmware 1.4?. It sounds great. It does not display any of my ripped CD's in artist category. All songs went to unknown artist. This is a big problem. ...

This null issue only happens in FW1.4.2beta. It is only a beta firmware which may have improvement to Bluetooth collection.

You must update the stable firmware FW1.5.3 which doesn't have this issue.

Jan 9, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #1,842 of 3,121
Hi Graeme (& Fiio),

I am also having a problem with songs not being displayed in the database. My issue is different, however:

After updating the media library, in the "About X1" menu it displays 26992 songs. BUT when I navigate to "All Songs" through the "Category" menu, the "Now Playing" screen shows a total of 22404 songs.

I'm not sure why 4500 songs are not showing up under "All Songs". I like to listen to my entire library on shuffle, so this is inconvenient.

Also, the "Category" menu is painfully slow. If I'm not trying to listen to my library on shuffle, I just use the file browser. I would like to be able to browse by album, genre, etc. but it is just too slow. I know my library is big but that's why I bought a player that allowed for a 256gb micro SD.

Some details: I am using a Samsung 256gb EVO+ UHS-I microSDXC U3 Class 10 memory card formatted on a Mac to MS-DOS (FAT32). My files are mostly 320 and VBR (0) MP3s, some old 128s that I am gradually updating and phasing out, and a small handful of AACs.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #1,843 of 3,121
Hi gbr7,

Quote:
  Hi Graeme (& Fiio),

I am also having a problem with songs not being displayed in the database. My issue is different, however:

After updating the media library, in the "About X1" menu it displays 26992 songs. BUT when I navigate to "All Songs" through the "Category" menu, the "Now Playing" screen shows a total of 22404 songs.

I'm not sure why 4500 songs are not showing up under "All Songs". I like to listen to my entire library on shuffle, so this is inconvenient.

Also, the "Category" menu is painfully slow. If I'm not trying to listen to my library on shuffle, I just use the file browser. I would like to be able to browse by album, genre, etc. but it is just too slow. I know my library is big but that's why I bought a player that allowed for a 256gb micro SD.

Firmware 1.53 ?

Some details: I am using a Samsung 256gb EVO+ UHS-I microSDXC U3 Class 10 memory card formatted on a Mac to MS-DOS (FAT32). My files are mostly 320 and VBR (0) MP3s, some old 128s that I am gradually updating and phasing out, and a small handful of AACs.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

With my iMac on SIERRA I've a lot of messages from the finder : cannot write with a microSDXC formatted  to MS-DOS (FAT32). Recommended format with a mac is exFAT.
I do that and no problem.

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #1,844 of 3,121
Originally Posted by bachankas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dear bachankas,

Ok, thank you for your feedback. I will report to the product engineer and we will consider about it.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 10, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #1,845 of 3,121

Dear anqallyt,

Please confirm whether the tag information is already in your songs first.

If yes, is it cue file?

Please try to update the firmware to FW1.5.3 to see whether it helps:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fr0kkzkm3u1vd9n/X1II-FW1.5.3.zip?dl=0

How to update the X1II: http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41621&extra=

If issue still, please send an email attached with your music to our email support@fiio.net or PM me directly. 

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back