FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Jan 3, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #1,772 of 3,121
I'm still getting this intermittent problem where the X1ii plays music back at double speed. Kind of fun, but not what I really want in a music player :wink:

This only happens intermittently, and only after resume-from-sleep. FiiO, any news on a fix for this?

Jan 3, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #1,773 of 3,121
​So does FW 1.5.3 make it work as advertised?  And by that, as FiiO said it would when it was released.

I don't believe so. Still no gapless playback yet. However, this is a pretty substantial update. Curious to know how the UI is working now and if Bluetooth function is working correctly? It appears to be getting closer to what it should have been at the time it was released.

Jan 3, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #1,774 of 3,121
I don't believe so. Still no gapless playback yet. However, this is a pretty substantial update. Curious to know how the UI is working now and if Bluetooth function is working correctly? It appears to be getting closer to what it should have been at the time it was released.

The UI sometimes switches to a horizontal bar instead of the arc. Strang. And playback through Bluetooth seems not to be improved, for me. Responsiveness is a little better.

Jan 3, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #1,776 of 3,121
The UI switches to horizontal when you use the back/forward buttons on the home screen. What probably happened was you tapped left or right on the wheel, though. The new FW by default maps some buttons to scroll wheel taps. Up/down for volume, left/right for back/forward. You can turn it off in settings.

Jan 3, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #1,777 of 3,121
  The UI switches to horizontal when you use the back/forward buttons on the home screen. What probably happened was you tapped left or right on the wheel, though. The new FW by default maps some buttons to scroll wheel taps. Up/down for volume, left/right for back/forward. You can turn it off in settings.

Oh, that's right! I kinda like the flat horizontal UI. I hope later one could choose to use it as default.

Jan 3, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #1,778 of 3,121
@FiiO  you should rework the search function. Now, when de DAP is displaying titles instead of filenames, the search returns no songs. It just searches when filenames are displayed. In fact, if you manage to search something, it changes to filename display automatically.

Jan 3, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #1,779 of 3,121
Just reset library to check scanning (with new fw)

6510 tracks in library
Micro SD is a Kingston 64gb (works perfectly in other FiiO devices BTW)
Card was formatted inside the X1ii before loading tracks

All files are meticulously tagged
Artwork no longer embedded into tracks

Scanning took 38 minutes!

Jan 3, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #1,780 of 3,121
Dear user,

Stable firmware update version 1.5.3 for the X1 2nd gen (X1II) now available!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822632/official-x1-2nd-gen-stable-firmware-discussion-thread-version-1-5-3#

X1 2nd gen FW1.5.3:  [COLOR=747474][COLOR=000000]>>Click here.[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=747474] [/COLOR] 

How to upgrade the X1 2nd gen:[COLOR=747474] [/COLOR][COLOR=747474][COLOR=000000]>> Click here[/COLOR][/COLOR]. 

[COLOR=000000]1. Added feature of displaying the title of the track under Category after updated media lib (while still display the file name under Browse files);

2. Added feature of display the CDs in the sequence of its name under Album > Category;

3. Added scroll wheel press function (System setting> Scroll wheel press function);

4. Added support for playing through categories (albums / artists / genres);

5. Fixed issue where some Bluetooth devices can't be connected or manual input of pin code was required;

6. Fixed issue where the RM1 couldn't be re-connected upon wake-up after being standby when there was no operation for a while;

7. Fixed issue where the LO would be switched back to PO when RM1 got disconnected, after it switched the PO to LO automatically on connecting to RM1;

8. Fixed issue where the sound would stutter when playing some high sample rates tracks via Bluetooth playback;

9. Fixed issue where the single track splitted from CUE file couldn't be added to newly added playlist;

10. Fixed issue where the ending of last track could be still heard after changing to the next track when playing CUE file;

11. Fixed issue where the ID3 info was not available for some CUE files;

12. Fixed issue where the tracks were not be ranked in the sequence of track number under Album > Category;

13. Fixed issue where it needed to wait for some time before sound could be heard when playing some MP3 tracks;

14. Fixed issue where the display for the file name couldn't scroll when it's too long under full cover display;

15. Fixed issue where some external playlist (.m3u/.m3u8) couldn't be identified;

16. Fixed issue where the screen couldn't be waken up by holding OK button at now playing interface under Lockscreen2;

17. Miscellaneous bug fixes.[/color]

[COLOR=000000]Notes:

1. This firmware modified the database of X1 2nd gen, so that some of the database info would be reset after upgraded to FW1.5.3.
[COLOR=FF0000]Which means the stored info in Favorites, Playlists and paired Bluetooth devices will be emptied[/COLOR][COLOR=000000]Please update the media lib after upgraded the firmware.

2. Scroll wheel press function: With this function, you can adjust the volume, change tracks and operate Prev track/Rewind or Next track/Fast forward under now playing interface by pressing/holding the four points on the scroll wheel (Up / Down / Left / Right), and move the cursor outside the now play interface.[/COLOR][/color]

content___-2_02.jpg
content___-2_03.jpg

Looking forward to your comments and feedback. [COLOR=747474]:) [/COLOR]

Wow! What an improvement! The lag us pretty much gone and 1 hour long files now play instantly!
The new touchwheel function is pretty cool and useful too!
I'll have to test Bluetooth when I get home tonight.
Great work, Fiio!

Jan 3, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #1,781 of 3,121
Now that the scroll wheel itself allow to change the volume, do you think it it would be better for the Play button to be a "Back-To" button after a long press instead of trigering the volume panel? This way, we coud go back to track selection with a long press from the "Now Playing" and up a menu when navigating.

Jan 3, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #1,782 of 3,121

I'm still getting this intermittent problem where the X1ii plays music back at double speed. Kind of fun, but not what I really want in a music player :wink:

This only happens intermittently, and only after resume-from-sleep. FiiO, any news on a fix for this?

Curious, what sort of files is this happening on?  FLAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back