FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Dec 15, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #1,637 of 3,121
  @FiiO

I had posted in the sponsor thread as well.  Can you advise if during bluetooth playback, making changes to the built-in EQ will not have any effect?  Any other X1 owners listen via bluetooth can can comment on if EQ changes have any effect for you.

If this is behaving by design, any possibility to add the ability for EQ changes to effect bluetooth playback in a future release?  

Thanks in advance!

Dear prez34
We have replied you in that post as well. The EQ is not available in Bluetooth output. The EQ is achieved by the IC PCM5242 but not depending on CPU algorithm.  The EQ is controled by DAC chip but Bluetooth output wouldn't go thourgh it. 
Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 15, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #1,639 of 3,121

You must be talking about Amazon reviews.  Did you notice that on Amazon's page, the reviews are about the actual E12 (they've simply used the same listing).  I read through some of the 1-2 star reviews of the E12, and they are clearly from people who have no clue (IMO).  Things like collapsed soundstage from an amp?  Really?

Anyway - I have the A5 - powerful, really low noise, well built - less than $150.  It would be one of my picks for portable amp of the year.  Yes  - it is that good.

As to the other comments regarding FiiO's releases (my opinion) ......

M3 - its a $50 DAP.  Firmware is not exactly conventional but my 13yo daughter loves it.  Personally I found it very easy to use, and as a gym or exercise device, I have no issues.  I disagree with the number of people who talk about it being a major disappointment.  Perspective on price vs performance would be nice.

The X7 with new Android is actually shaping up pretty well.  FiiO are spending a lot of resource getting it right.  I still love mine.  Would like to see some things fixed (gapless for one) but they are getting there.  Given performance against the competition I still rate it.

X1-ii deserves the critique leveled at it.  IMO its the only flop in your list. and its a one-off as far as I'm concerned.  I've been holding off a review waiting for firmware fixes to speed and bluetooth performance.  Sadly neither is eventuating so far.

Once again making excuses for sub-par products.   The M3 has been out for several months and still fixing issues,  as for the X7 shaping up nicely, really you must have very low expectations for an $800.00 DAP.  For $800.00 it should have been fully shaped prior to release.  Would you say the same thing about the Pioneer XDP-100R or the Onkyo DP-X1 or the Cowon Plenue DAP's.  Cause I sure as heck wouldn't.  

If Fiio wants to play in the deep end of the DAP pool they better learn to swim.  The tolerance for work in progress DAP's drops pretty quickly when you get into this price bracket.

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #1,640 of 3,121
  Until such time as I read they have fixed a majority of the problems, I am done here.  Good luck to all, including FiiO!

I have to agree at this point,  I will be following this thread from time to time for any nuggets of news on the next X3 and X5.  I just don't think the X1-II will ever be for me.  

I have started following the thread for the xduoo X10 as an inexpensive kick around DAP in lew of the X1-II.  

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #1,641 of 3,121
  Once again making excuses for sub-par products.   The M3 has been out for several months and still fixing issues,  as for the X7 shaping up nicely, really you must have very low expectations for an $800.00 DAP.  For $800.00 it should have been fully shaped prior to release.  Would you say the same thing about the Pioneer XDP-100R or the Onkyo DP-X1 or the Cowon Plenue DAP's.  Cause I sure as heck wouldn't.  

If Fiio wants to play in the deep end of the DAP pool they better learn to swim.  The tolerance for work in progress DAP's drops pretty quickly when you get into this price bracket.

In......Your......Opinion

And - we may as well get facts straight - shall we?

• Re read what I stated
    M3 - its a $50 DAP.  Firmware is not exactly conventional but my 13yo daughter loves it.  Personally I found it very easy to use, and as a gym or exercise device, I have no issues.  I disagree with the number of people who talk about it being a major disappointment.  Perspective on price vs performance would be nice. 

For my uses, the $50 M3 is not sub-par.  Its a $50 device - and my 13yo daughter take it everywhere.  I even offered to set her up with a more expensive set-up, and she said no.  She loves the form factor, she loves the sound, she is quite comfortable about the UI.  In my opinion - it is not sub-par, never has been.  YMMV.  Please don't tell me I'm making excuses for anyone or anything.

• Again - why is this called for?:
     as for the X7 shaping up nicely, really you must have very low expectations for an $800.00 DAP.  

For a starters - it is $600 currently.  I have zero issues with it.  It sounds as good as any other DAPs in the same price range (which I've heard) and has more features and more versatility than many at a higher level.  It has bluetooth - and for me it works without a hitch.  it has wireless - for me same. For gapless and replaygain, I choose to use neutron - but will probably switch back to FiiO app when they are reintroduced.

If you are going to talk about your issues with the DAP - talk about them.  Don't try and use my words and insinuate that I either have low expectations or that I am lying or embellishing what I've written.

And personally I haven't heard the XDP100R, the DP-X1 or the Plenue.  I have heard (and have here) the L&P L5 and LP5 Gold - both of which sound fantastic.  But for sonics - the X7 at least matches them, and fr overall feature set - it beats them. 

Like I said - perspective.

You're more than welcome to have you own opinion.  Please don't question the validity of mine.

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #1,642 of 3,121
Oh and so we get back on topic - I've already written several times about the X1ii.  IMO (unfortunately) it is a DAP with a lot of promise which has never delivered.  Bluetooth is still flakey at best, and the speed is horrible.

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #1,643 of 3,121
  Oh and so we get back on topic - I've already written several times about the X1ii.  IMO (unfortunately) it is a DAP with a lot of promise which has never delivered.  Bluetooth is still flakey at best, and the speed is horrible.

I hope the Fiio X1 v1 doesn't disappear soon. It is a well liked player, and probably still selling very well.

As for the Fiio M3, with the new 1.9 firmware it is imo functioning properly. Before the 1.9 firmware the M3
wouldn't properly play an album in order by track number. It is disappointing that it took Fiio a year to
fix the M3 firmware.

I plan to wait until the X1V2 firmware is working quite well before I consider buying one.

I hope Fiio comes out with a clip on player built on the M3 platform with 24+ hours of battery life,
but with FM radio and much better buttons that are ergonomically placed.

Dec 16, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #1,644 of 3,121
Greetins,

Recently I bought X1II. I read about gapless issues. The SQ is magnificent for this price, along with M50x they make perfect duet.

However, the gapless does not work, both mp3 and FLAC. I read several info about this issue. The time to read another track is too long. I understand manual skip, but when I play the whole album or playlist I expect flawless playback with no gaps - I own Sansa lip+ and old iPod Video - both can do it, original FW and Rockbox. I have had Sony A15 which was playing FLACs flawlessly.

I have had contact with first X1 and it also played FLACs with no gaps. How big are chances to fix it in X1II? It has amazing SQ, but probably I'll switch back to iPod, if gapless won't be fixed. It's a little shame, older DAPs can do it. If X1II won't support gapless, than xDuuo X3 woth SQ at X3K level (many opinions), two microSD cards and Rockbox in development is instant winner.

Hope this will be fixed soon.

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #1,645 of 3,121
Greetins,

Recently I bought X1II. I read about gapless issues. The SQ is magnificent for this price, along with M50x they make perfect duet.

However, the gapless does not work, both mp3 and FLAC. I read several info about this issue. The time to read another track is too long. I understand manual skip, but when I play the whole album or playlist I expect flawless playback with no gaps - I own Sansa lip+ and old iPod Video - both can do it, original FW and Rockbox. I have had Sony A15 which was playing FLACs flawlessly.

I have had contact with first X1 and it also played FLACs with no gaps. How big are chances to fix it in X1II? It has amazing SQ, but probably I'll switch back to iPod, if gapless won't be fixed. It's a little shame, older DAPs can do it. If X1II won't support gapless, than xDuuo X3 woth SQ at X3K level (many opinions), two microSD cards and Rockbox in development is instant winner.

Hi bachankas

Could you share the firmware version used in your x1 v2 with the issues you mention, I would like to know.

Thanks!

Dec 16, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #1,648 of 3,121
  Greetins,

Dear bachankas,

Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you. We are trying to test and improve the gapless function for X1II in order to get it more stable. It will be added in the later firmware soon.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 16, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #1,649 of 3,121

In......Your......Opinion

And - we may as well get facts straight - shall we?

• Re read what I stated For my uses, the $50 M3 is not sub-par.  Its a $50 device - and my 13yo daughter take it everywhere.  I even offered to set her up with a more expensive set-up, and she said no.  She loves the form factor, she loves the sound, she is quite comfortable about the UI.  In my opinion - it is not sub-par, never has been.  YMMV.  Please don't tell me I'm making excuses for anyone or anything.

• Again - why is this called for?:
    For a starters - it is $600 currently.  I have zero issues with it.  It sounds as good as any other DAPs in the same price range (which I've heard) and has more features and more versatility than many at a higher level.  It has bluetooth - and for me it works without a hitch.  it has wireless - for me same. For gapless and replaygain, I choose to use neutron - but will probably switch back to FiiO app when they are reintroduced.

If you are going to talk about your issues with the DAP - talk about them.  Don't try and use my words and insinuate that I either have low expectations or that I am lying or embellishing what I've written.

And personally I haven't heard the XDP100R, the DP-X1 or the Plenue.  I have heard (and have here) the L&P L5 and LP5 Gold - both of which sound fantastic.  But for sonics - the X7 at least matches them, and fr overall feature set - it beats them. 

Like I said - perspective.

You're more than welcome to have you own opinion.  Please don't question the validity of mine.

Actually where I live in Canada the street price for the X7 is $800.  Keep in mind when I quote a price it is what it would cost me not what it would cost you.  If you follow the Pioneer and Onkyo threads you see alot of users who have heard the X7 and say the Pioneer and Onkyo sound better and have better build quality.

The fact is there are other DAP's in the same price range as the X7 that are more complete.  So I would return an incomplete X7 for a complete DAP from some other manufacturer if available.  As you said you haven't heard the Pioneer and Onkyo DAP's so it is hard to compare the X7 when you haven't tried the competition.

I will stop the discussion here by simply saying some people like myself have higher expectations on new products.  Especially when you start talking about spending $800.00.  If you bought an $800.00 smart phone that had issues would you say oh well it mostly works and keep it.  I am guessing you would return for something else so why should a DAP be any different.

You seem to be a more forgiving person than I am and there is nothing wrong with that.  But if you don't hold manufacturers to higher standards then things will never improve and they will keep releasing these incomplete and sometimes buggy products. 

Dec 16, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #1,650 of 3,121
Actually where I live in Canada the street price for the X7 is $800.  Keep in mind when I quote a price it is what it would cost me not what it would cost you.  If you follow the Pioneer and Onkyo threads you see alot of users who have heard the X7 and say the Pioneer and Onkyo sound better and have better build quality.

The fact is there are other DAP's in the same price range as the X7 that are more complete.  So I would return an incomplete X7 for a complete DAP from some other manufacturer if available.  As you said you haven't heard the Pioneer and Onkyo DAP's so it is hard to compare the X7 when you haven't tried the competition.

I will stop the discussion here by simply saying some people like myself have higher expectations on new products.  Especially when you start talking about spending $800.00.  If you bought an $800.00 smart phone that had issues would you say oh well it mostly works and keep it.  I am guessing you would return for something else so why should a DAP be any different.

You seem to be a more forgiving person than I am and there is nothing wrong with that.  But if you don't hold manufacturers to higher standards then things will never improve and they will keep releasing these incomplete and sometimes buggy products. 

Like I said - I have a very different opinion - which is fine (we can disagree). I'd suggest selling your X7 - and buying one of the "better" competitors products. I'll stick with my X7 which I'm very happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back