FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Dec 9, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #1,591 of 3,121
Ah, yes, the gapless function. Coming from a low end Walkman which didn't have gapless to start with, I didn't even think about it. It would be nice to listen to Dark Side of The Moon and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band without gaps.

This is the biggest issue. I come from pc perfect gapless playback, Android perfect gapless playback and rockboxed Sansa clip zip gapless. I expect that a company that aims to please the audiophile community knows that gapless is a must and release a hiend player without this perk from day zero is an insult.
What do I want to say really?
That I'll consider the release date the moment they provide this functionality.
Until then it's a product in beta sold before the time and gives bad name to the company

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #1,596 of 3,121
Anyone tried the FW v1.4.2. I think it solved the Bluetooth issue. Can Anyone Confirm? 

With a couple of walls in between my bluetooth speaker & X1ii the range is not even 5 meters most of the time... sound keeps cracking.

Have not tested the range with no wall in between after the fw update last night, but looking at that figure I doubt how good it will be at 10 meters.

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #1,597 of 3,121
  Anyone tried the FW v1.4.2. I think it solved the Bluetooth issue. Can Anyone Confirm? 

Hi,

I just downloaded this beta code and can verify that it does NOT fix my particular Bluetooth connectivity issue (to my 2016 Honda CR-V). In fact, I'm pretty sure I've reached the point of where I will be returning the unit (most likely tomorrow). It's a shame, but this updated model is deficient in several key features (Bluetooth won't connect, gapless playback not working, and loud thunks at the beginning/end of playback too).

All the best,

Alan

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #1,600 of 3,121
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and need some advice.

I am skeptical whether to purchase Fiio X1-II or X3-II ?

I have been using my Note 5 as a music player coupled with my gorgeous Oppo HA-2 DAC/AMP and using Phillips L2 as my headphone. 

I am trying to get a stand alone HIFI audio player and I was wondering what option(s) to choose considering the gears that I already have.

Should I get the Fiio X1-II that has no DAC and use it with my Oppo HA-2 or if I choose to get Fiio X3-II, will the sound be better than the previous set up since it has its own DAC?

I appreciate your advice.

Dec 11, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #1,601 of 3,121
How to reset Fiio X1 ii? I see no tiny hole like Fiio X1 Gen 1.

Dear Shrayan,
The X1II don't have a Reset hole, you can try to force shut-down by holding the power button for around 15 seconds then turn it on again.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 12, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #1,602 of 3,121
Dear Shrayan,
The X1II don't have a Reset hole, you can try to force shut-down by holding the power button for around 15 seconds then turn it on again.

With FW 1.4.1 I had problems of hanging... even if I switch it off, it switches on to that part & buttons refused to act.

Currently after updating to FW 1.4.2 Beta thankfully the problem got resolved.

Dec 12, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #1,603 of 3,121
Another thing i noticed today is that the led doesn't change colors automatically when the charge is completed. When it's charging it's red, ok, but let's say it reaches the max capacity, it does not change. If i disconnect it and then reconnect it again then it does change the color. 
Another bug found. Added to the general lag of this player. 

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #1,604 of 3,121

​This has reached the summit of silliness, really.  I think I will just start burning MP3s to a disc and play them in my ancient portable Sony CD player.  The Bluetooth on it doesn't work because it doesn't have Bluetooth.  There are no audible clicks when tracks change and I don't have to fret over gapless playback either because it doesn't have that feature.  It's missing a lot compared to the FiiO X1-II but then it didn't promise me any of that stuff either.

I truly feel bad for those that thought they were getting what they paid for when they opened the box.

Time to grow a neckbeard, don the flannel and start a new hipster trend:  Portable CD players are back!
I am far too Alpha to be a beta tester for any product.  :wink:

Dec 12, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #1,605 of 3,121
  Another thing i noticed today is that the led doesn't change colors automatically when the charge is completed. When it's charging it's red, ok, but let's say it reaches the max capacity, it does not change. If i disconnect it and then reconnect it again then it does change the color. 
Another bug found. Added to the general lag of this player. 

Mine turns green just like every other FiiO I've owned, high and low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back