FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Dec 6, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #1,531 of 3,121
  oh WOW. This all happened because i connected the FIIO to my Yamaha RV-673 and guess WHAT? The card cannot be read. Isn't that FANTASTIC? 
Geez. This sucks, This is a ****ty player. really. BETA firmware. 
Fiio, get your **** together. 

Great, now i can't say SHEIZE in english. Cool. By the way, the sd card is in RAW mode that's why i couldn't start the player. Without the card it boots ok. So now what?
Gotta format the card and lose all my music?

In all fairness, this isn't an issue with the player...it's something that you should've checked beforehand.

Anyways, try and copy all your music off of the card onto a hard drive...then format the card within the player, and then copy the music back on

Dec 6, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #1,532 of 3,121
I'd also like to know this. Also, did they fix the scroll wheel issues from the X1 to an acceptable level?

Hi,

I'm not sure what scroll wheel issues you're referring to, but I know my old X1 had a very inconsistent feel and I usually had to press it down with a bit of force to get it engaged. If that's what you're talking about, the X1 II definitely seems a lot better (at least based on my few days of using the new one).

Take care,

Alan

Dec 6, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #1,533 of 3,121
Hi,

I'm not sure what scroll wheel issues you're referring to, but I know my old X1 had a very inconsistent feel and I usually had to press it down with a bit of force to get it engaged. If that's what you're talking about, the X1 II definitely seems a lot better (at least based on my few days of using the new one).

Take care,

Alan
I was not referring to the scroll wheel . The wheel of the x1 gen1 is perfectly accurate and tactile to me. :p

What I was referring to is the ui speed . For example: the file browser on the x1 gen2 is twice as slow as on the gen1 (2sec delay vs 1sec delay after press). Something like that.

I also read a few pages back concerning the volume adjustment lag. Something about how the volume will continue increasing a few steps after release. If the ui really is this slow then it would be a deal breaker for me :frowning2:

I am currently choosing between the x1 gen2 , Hidizs AP60 and the Xduoo X3 as a Christmas present for my younger brother.

Dec 6, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #1,534 of 3,121
I'd also like to know this. Also, did they fix the scroll wheel issues from the X1 to an acceptable level?
Mine is still tactile after 2-3 years of daily use :D

What issues are you talking about? If it's about scroll wheel inaccuracy then have you updated to the final firmware? If not then please do so and see if it helps.

Dec 6, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #1,535 of 3,121
  Hi,

Take care,

Alan

Old X1 wheel is good enough for my daily use and I'm using it for over one year. I think the latest FW solved the old wheel issues, but the new touch wheel is not so good as the mechanical wheel. I read it in the reviews and some users are also saying the same. I think it is slow when you scroll through a large list.

{sorry for my english}

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #1,536 of 3,121
Just wanted to sign in again to say that I mainly bought a X1 II to listen to music during a long flight that I did and when I decided to take it out to use it...it didn't work. I got the devices logo on boot but after that, a blank screen with the blue led on.

The device worked again, after the flight. It's a good thing I had my rockboxed Sansa Clip with me to compensate Fiio's failure. It's crazy how a 5 years old 30€ device can still be more reliable than a brand new 100€ device.

I'm a active member of a deals oriented community and I often see deals about Fiio devices. I'm going to make sure to warn anyone who considering to buy this crap of a device to avoid it like the plague...

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #1,539 of 3,121
  Amazon or someone must be trying to deceive people.  They've combined the reviews of the original X1 with the X1II.  That'll confuse some buyers for sure.

Amazon do that sometimes, it's really annoying.

I just left a 1 star review on Amazon.fr on the X1 II, I will do the same on other european Amazon in days to come to warn people...

My guess is amazon is trying to prop up sales for the X1-II by hiding it in with the X1 which gets much better reviews at this point.  Sales would be non-existent for the X1-II if it was listed separately based on all the bad reviews.

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #1,540 of 3,121
Guys, if i will be listening to my mostly mp3 music collection on my AKG K451 headphones, would it make sense to get X1 II? Wouldn't it be an overkill? I want something portable (now using 5,5'' phone), with decent battery life and a clear sound.

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #1,541 of 3,121
  Amazon or someone must be trying to deceive people.  They've combined the reviews of the original X1 with the X1II.  That'll confuse some buyers for sure.

Not true as they always consolidate reviews over time, such as previous old reviews of a movie on VHS getting merged with DVD and streaming formats.  It's not a conspiracy being investigated by Mulder and Scully called THE X-FiiO.

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #1,543 of 3,121
Having read through several forums for fiio products I am seeing a disturbing trend.  The M3 by most accounts was a major disappointment, the X7 still has issues to be dealt with.  The X1-II has been a botched release to this point.  Even Fiio's new amp the A5 is getting some negative comments about the sound quality with some people returning them.

This is a disturbing trend from a once well regarded company.  I think Fiio needs to take a pause and re-evaluate their product strategy going forward.  They seem in much to big a rush to roll out products without making sure they are worthy of the Fiio reputation.  With the X3 and X5 updates coming out next year along with what I am sure will be other releases they better get their act together.

They seem to be trending to releasing higher end products with their more main stream offerings suffering as a result.  I for one am losing confidence in Fiio and will avoid purchasing any of their products, especially their higher end products until they prove once again they can release quality products.  The new X3 and X5 better be homeruns out of the gate or they may have lost me as a customer.  Especially with the products coming from iBasso and others.  

Fiio needs to realize as they release more expensive products the tolerance for bugginess decreases exponentially.

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #1,544 of 3,121

Not true as they always consolidate reviews over time, such as previous old reviews of a movie on VHS getting merged with DVD and streaming formats.  It's not a conspiracy being investigated by Mulder and Scully called THE X-FiiO.

Yes sure over time but the X1-II hasn't been out that long. Having worked in retail electronics sales for many years retailers will do some pretty shady stuff in order to prop up sales on less successful products to boost sales.

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #1,545 of 3,121
  In all fairness, this isn't an issue with the player...it's something that you should've checked beforehand.

Anyways, try and copy all your music off of the card onto a hard drive...then format the card within the player, and then copy the music back on

dude, card is not readable and only gives me the option to format. There are programs to restore from raw to fat32 but are not free. I can connect the ipod or a pendrive to the Yamaha receiver and it browses the music and plays it. How come when i connected the FIIO it decided it was not readable? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back