FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Nov 16, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #1,291 of 3,121

​Well, since it is not really a turd, FiiO will be able to polish it. 

I know...Hell awaits me for that one.  Dammit!

A polished turd is still a turd, it just looks better. 
biggrin.gif
  I don't think the X1 II is a turd but it certainly isn't a diamond either. More like an uncut stone that needs alot of polishing to become a diamond that will still in the end be flawed, the only question is just how flawed?

Nov 17, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #1,292 of 3,121
  A polished turd is still a turd, it just looks better. 
biggrin.gif
  I don't think the X1 II is a turd but it certainly isn't a diamond either. More like an uncut stone that needs alot of polishing to become a diamond that will still in the end be flawed, the only question is just how flawed?

You would think that if it's just a matter of tweaking the firmware they would have released something that eliminates the lag but they haven't which makes me think it's a hardware problem.

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #1,293 of 3,121

You would think that if it's just a matter of tweaking the firmware they would have released something that eliminates the lag but they haven't which makes me think it's a hardware problem.

I'd say they have their hands full at the moment.  You have to consider the X7 ($600 DAP and flagship) is probably getting more attention since there are still issues with it.

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #1,294 of 3,121
  I'd say they have their hands full at the moment.  You have to consider the X7 ($600 DAP and flagship) is probably getting more attention since there are still issues with it.

that's if they're not already working on the next 8 DAPs :p

Nov 17, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #1,296 of 3,121

That's true...I never think of all the other products they have on the go that might take priority.

The X7 has been on the market for a while now and they are still addressing problems with it.  I would think it would take priority over anything else due to how much it cost, but I could be wrong.  Although, they really never said how soon another fw would be released after the last one or I don't remember if they did.  Either way FiiO has a lot going on and lots of problems to address.

Nov 17, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #1,297 of 3,121
Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the thread, but I've noticed that the little "hi-res audio" icon that used to appear in front, and to the right, of the album art when playing 24-bit files no longer shows up (I'm now on FW1.3.3). Was this a feature that got removed?

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #1,298 of 3,121
  Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the thread, but I've noticed that the little "hi-res audio" icon that used to appear in front, and to the right, of the album art when playing 24-bit files no longer shows up (I'm now on FW1.3.3). Was this a feature that got removed?

Yes,  "to keep the system stable, we decide to cancel the Hi-Res logo" as @FiiO stated on their own forums of their website.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #1,299 of 3,121

csglinux, yep , it got removed already.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 18, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #1,302 of 3,121
Which is exactly the reason why the one thing Fiio should NOT be doing right now is working on new DAC models. They really need to focus on making their existing units work properly before they start even thinking about newer models.

I am sure Fiio has multiple design teams and the DAP and DAC/Amp teams are probably working independently.  So what one team does or doesn't do should not affect the other.  Besides the bottom line is sales and Fiio needs to keep the pipeline going.  Especially with their DAC/Amp products selling well and relatively problem free compared to their DAP's

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #1,303 of 3,121
  I am sure Fiio has multiple design teams and the DAP and DAC/Amp teams are probably working independently.  So what one team does or doesn't do should not affect the other.  Besides the bottom line is sales and Fiio needs to keep the pipeline going.  Especially with their DAC/Amp products selling well and relatively problem free compared to their DAP's

​But on the long run they will get hurt like this by image damage.
I will think twice before bying a FiiO product again overal, even though I own a fine working FiiO DAC.
Just not the kind of company I want to buy products from if their main concern is short term profit and don't care about the many custumers with problems because of their crappy products (yes, I will call this X1 crappy).

Nov 18, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #1,304 of 3,121

​But on the long run they will get hurt like this by image damage.
I will think twice before bying a FiiO product again overal, even though I own a fine working FiiO DAC.
Just not the kind of company I want to buy products from if their main concern is short term profit and don't care about the many custumers with problems because of their crappy products (yes, I will call this X1 crappy).

I'm sad to say I agree about this being crappy. Navigating the UI is laggy as hell and I also have a problem after hitting play to start a song if I just brush the scroll wheel the screen will jump back to the song list I just selected the track from. It's a frustrating and horrible experience. I'm actually considering just leaving it at home for when I want to stream something to my DAC and going back to the Benjie K9 (which was a whopping $24) as my daily driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back