FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Nov 13, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #1,277 of 3,121
I've only read the last few pages so there's a good chance what I'm about to say has been said already but just want to share my impressions after about a weeks use.

Boot time is dreadful. Time between pressing play or changing tracks until playback begins is frustrating.Delay between pressing volume keys and seeing volume dial appear on screen is frustrating. Sometimes rapidly pressing volume keys while screen is off results in skipping to the next or previous track.

Battery life is okay for me. Haven't used Bluetooth much but when I did there weren't any apparent problems. Sound is okay.

This is my first FiiO DAP. Considering their experience in the field and that this was a 2nd gen I'm a bit disappointed with it overall. It's close to being good but can be an annoying little beast in its own way. I miss the fast boot times and quick UI of the XDuoo X2 and even Benjie K9 in comparison and hope that there might be a firmware update in the near future.

Nov 13, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #1,278 of 3,121
"Sometimes rapidly pressing volume keys while screen is off results in skipping to the next or previous track."

Having the player switch tracks when pressing the volume buttons for a bit too long while the screen is off is so lame. My original X1 does this as well. It is so annoying.. Fiio players are unusual as the Fiio players automatically lock when screen goes off, and there is no way to disable this. The last lockscreen option in the settings screen should be to disable player locking. On the other brands of players I own, the screen going off is separate from the player locking. To get those other brands of players to lock, one needs to press a certain key combination.

Nov 13, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #1,279 of 3,121
In the market for a DAP but I am still on the fence reading so manny different reactions.
At first glance this new x1 seems the best entry dap with line out I can use with the A5
My first DAP... For the price it is great but some things I read make me wait,
Slow interface is the least of my worries and I expect a lot to be fixed soon.
Doubling the price and getting a older x3 the smarter thing to do?
Will it make much difference sound-wise?
Double the price again and get a x5? Will I be set for years to come then?
Is the new x1 a sign the x3 and x5 get replaced soon... so much questions
Anyway, thanks to all for posting your experiences with this device on here.
I think it is helpful for me choosing in the end.

Nov 13, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #1,280 of 3,121
In the market for a DAP but I am still on the fence reading so manny different reactions.
At first glance this new x1 seems the best entry dap with line out I can use with the A5

X5ii would be the most versatile, especially since it has dual microsd ports, virtually no bugs in FW, and has one of the best sounds in the world. 

On the other hand... X1II has bluetooth, and is cheaper. Depends on what your priorities are. X5ii sounds extremely good even without an amp and can also be used as a DAC, straight from your computer. 

Nov 13, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #1,281 of 3,121

Updated X3II and X5II won't happen until next year according to what FiiO has posted on head-fi.  If the X1II is any sign of how they will be updated, I'd be patient and wait and see ho the X1II turns out after a few more fw updates before thinking about waiting to buy updated X3II or X5II.  With that said, split the difference and get the current X3II.  It's $70 more than the X1II, better sounding, and can be used as a DAC as well.  Plenty of power to drive most anything.  I own the X5II as well and it sounds even better (not night and day, but better) and you get a little more power and two card slots.  You can find new orginal X1's for $79 which is a great value if you really don't want to spend to much and wait things out to see how the newer models turn out.  Just a thought.

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #1,282 of 3,121
The 'B' thing. First rule of the 'B' thing is that we don't talk about the 'B' thing.
tongue.gif

Works for me. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #1,283 of 3,121
If you need a player to use right now, and bluetooth isn't important to you, then get the Fiio X1 v1. If you have other players to use now, then consider buying the X1 V2 if it goes on sale for black Friday(perhaps for $80?). If the X1 V2 doesn't go on sale, then buy the x1 V1, or wait until next year to perhaps buy the X1 V2. I have the X1 V1, and might buy the X1 V2 if it is on sale for $80 for black Friday. If not, then I may buy it next year.

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #1,284 of 3,121
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
If you need a player to use right now, and bluetooth isn't important to you, then get the Fiio X1 v1. If you have other players to use now, then consider buying the X1 V2 if it goes on sale for black Friday(perhaps for $80?). If the X1 V2 doesn't go on sale, then buy the x1 V1, or wait until next year to perhaps buy the X1 V2. I have the X1 V1, and might buy the X1 V2 if it is on sale for $80 for black Friday. If not, then I may buy it next year.

Thanks all for replying,

The thing is, locally here I pay 140€ for a x1-ii that is about $150
It is not double what is see a lot of you paying for it but close.
This also goes for the other players. $270 for a x3 and $408 for a x5

On eBay I can get a x3 for 180€ And a x5 for 255€ but I don't want anything wrong with it and check my mailbox for two months when returning it or have a new x5 coming out in a few months,
My money flow inbound is not as thick as I would like it to be when shopping for audio equipment:)

If it was 80€ I would take it instantly.
I am considering the new x1 and face the cope with the critters in firmware. Will be passing it trough the A5 and hope it will keep me happy for al least a year. :)
Who knows, maybe ebay will join a Black Friday sale and knock something off.

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #1,289 of 3,121
Alright. After a day of usage. I gotta be frank, the sound is definitely much more clean and less bassy compared to the 1st gen. But the software.. they don't need a polish, they need a revamp. Crashing halfway whilst playing, getting stuck in a page, and the gapless playback. Adding on to that is the tracks doesn't play instantaneously.

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #1,290 of 3,121
Alright. After a day of usage. I gotta be frank, the sound is definitely much more clean and less bassy compared to the 1st gen. But the software.. they don't need a polish, they need a revamp. Crashing halfway whilst playing, getting stuck in a page, and the gapless playback. Adding on to that is the tracks doesn't play instantaneously.

I haven't experienced any crashes but yeah broken gapless and if a song is playing and you load a diifferent song it can take up to 4-5 seconds to change tracks. It's not an enjoyable DAP to use for reasons like these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back