FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Nov 5, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #1,186 of 3,121
The SQ on this little thing isn't getting enough credit, I think. I got it as a stopgap between mid-tier players after I lost my iBasso DX80, and I was pleasantly surprised at how clean it sounds. I don't own the X3ii anymore, but I'm convinced it sounds better. The treble isn't as good as the DX80, and the bass isn't as good as my new Cayin i5, but its overall SQ is within shouting distance of both, IMO. Pretty incredible for $100. 

(Scan speed really is a joke, though. Hopefully that will get fixed)

Nov 6, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #1,188 of 3,121
Nov 6, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #1,190 of 3,121
Hey i'm sorry if this has already been covered but I've been searching for a day and haven't found an answer having said that I might of done but just not understood.

Been looking at the X1 gen 2 to replace my Ipod I want to get away from apple and have a bigger memory externally and be able to listen to music at a higher quality . It looks perfect for me but there are a couple of queries I have so id be most grateful if someone was able to answer them in a simplistic form as i'm not tech savvy.

I love playlists I find it really nice to group different artists and song together this way but when I looked up about making playlists it seemed really complex having to make M3U playlists and or a very long drawn out process. I understand the main folders you have that you put on your device should be artist, album, genre but is it possible to add as many main folders as I like 1 for each playlist for example instead of making a playlist folder then having sub folders for each playlist? 

When I get it do I have to arrange the artists and albums into alphabetic order and set it all up or does the device do this once I have put the SD card in?  I don't mind manually doing it all and setting the whole device up for a few days but once its set up I would like to be able to put songs into playlists easily once i'm back with my laptop. I'm assuming you cant change folders or playlists while on the move like I would with an Ipod. 

Can I arrange and add music on the SD card then put it in the device or do I put the SD card in the device then connect it to a laptop?

Lastly does it have the ability to shuffle? 

Im so grateful for anyone who responds sorry if my questions are way off the mark or have been covered before 

thank you!

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #1,191 of 3,121
"When I get it do I have to arrange the artists and albums into alphabetic order and set it all up or does the device do this once I have put the SD card in?"

The player sorts the songs by genre,  artist, and album based on the tags. It means that your music needs to be tagged properly for the database to work. Of course you could always play music by folder rather than by tags. even if your music is properly tagged though. It is a good idea to have a folder for each genre, then a subfolder for each artist, and a subfolder within that for each album. The player also lets you make playlists on the player itself.

Fiio players are fussy about which card you use. The current Fiio X series players have no built in memory for songs, so you need to put a card in them. Some cards will cause issues in Fiio players. You are likely to avoid compatibility issues if you use a fast Sandisk micro SDHC or SDXC card(class 10). Micro SDXC cards(those have more than 32GB of storage) should be formatted on the player itself before any songs are added.

You can add songs to the card using your pc and a card reader or have the card in the player and connect the player to your pc. If you are using a card larger than 32GB though, first put it in the player, and use the player menu(under settings) to format the card.

Fiio players have a shuffle mode. I don't have the X1(II) yet, but have the original X1. The X1(II) adds blutooth, and has an all metal body(the back plate on the original X1 is plastic. The X1(II) has slightly better sound quality than the original X1, and has slightly longer battery life, and is also very slightly smaller. The firmware on the X1(II) is still in its early stages, so there will be updates improving it.

I haven't used iTunes, so I don't know if the Tunes default formats for the tags will work in the X1(II) or if your tags will need to be converted first.

Nov 6, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #1,196 of 3,121
I say tomarto.

Where did the UK/USA differences in speech come from? They spoke English on the Mayflower......
wink.gif

I'm guessing with the X1 that it's best to use a Sandisk 256GB card? I used a Samsung card with my x3 which was fine with MP3 but stuttered with hi res stuff. It turned out that although the card was supposedly class 10, it wasn't fast enough.

I don't know...I wasn't on the Mayfower.

Nov 6, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #1,200 of 3,121
  Mookid, Thank you very much to share this with us.

How did Fiio get its name? Is it the last name of the founder of the company, a word in Chinese or some other language, or a name that was just made up?
Who owns Fiio? Is it privately owned, or part of a much larger company?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back