FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Nov 2, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #1,141 of 3,121
I upgraded my X1ii to 1.3.3 and now I get this message every time I power it on.

"Switched to lineout successfully, please be careful of the volume. Press OK to continue."

Is there a way to prevent the message or is this a new bug?

Nov 2, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #1,142 of 3,121
It sounds to me as though you have it switched to line out. If you switch back to headphone out, the warning message should go.

It's there so that you don't inadvertently plug headphones in while in line out mode.

One of the nuisances of having the same socket do two jobs!!

Nov 2, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #1,143 of 3,121
It sounds to me as though you have it switched to line out. If you switch back to headphone out, the warning message should go.

It's there so that you don't inadvertently plug headphones in while in line out mode.

One of the nuisances of having the same socket do two jobs!!

Thanks, that was the problem. Lineout must be the default selection but maybe it should be headphones.

Nov 2, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #1,144 of 3,121
I have been enjoying an Audioquest Dragonfly 1.2 for quite some time at home, but my change in lifestyle after moving has seen me much less frequently at home(and much more in public transport). I kind of want to sell it and buy an equivalent DAP, does the Fiio X 2nd gen have an equal sound? Would I be better off with an X3? Do they do a good job as a USB DAC for home use?
I don't want to break the bank :)

Nov 2, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #1,145 of 3,121
I hear the pop too when skipping between tracks on the same album (so bitrate and format are the same).

When I hit skip I get about a second of silence, a quiet pop, another short silence, and then the music starts.

I tried to recreate it on my X3, but it skips to the next track much more quickly (no long silence to highlight the pop) that I was not able to hear one, I even tried skipping into tracks that start quietly so the music would not mask the pop but I was still unable to hear one on the X3.

Do we have faulty models? Or that's how it is?

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #1,148 of 3,121
I have been enjoying an Audioquest Dragonfly 1.2 for quite some time at home, but my change in lifestyle after moving has seen me much less frequently at home(and much more in public transport). I kind of want to sell it and buy an equivalent DAP, does the Fiio X 2nd gen have an equal sound? Would I be better off with an X3? Do they do a good job as a USB DAC for home use?
I don't want to break the bank
smily_headphones1.gif

I haven't used a Dragonfly, so cannot comment on how close the sound would be to the X1 II.

The X1 II is not able to be used as a USB DAC (neither can the X1v1), to get the USB DAC functionality you have to move up Fiio's range to the X3 or the X5.

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #1,149 of 3,121
I don't think there is anything wrong with the hardware, I think it is tied to the other software problems this model is having.

I don't see anyone else reporting this problem apart from us. I hope it is not hardware related. My new iems are on the way. I hope the x1 does not damage them. The Pop sounds like Direct current.

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #1,150 of 3,121
I haven't used a Dragonfly, so cannot comment on how close the sound would be to the X1 II.

The X1 II is not able to be used as a USB DAC (neither can the X1v1), to get the USB DAC functionality you have to move up Fiio's range to the X3 or the X5.
How does the sound compare between X1, X1 2nd gen and X3?
What about the Q3? (Another option is not selling anything and buying a sufficiently cheap player)
PS there really should be a general questions thread, or a guide.

Nov 2, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #1,151 of 3,121
Do we have faulty models? Or that's how it is?

Are you using a fast Sandisk card? My Fiio M3 has compatibility issues with a Transcend class 10 card and makes strange noises when playing songs on it.. I switched to a Sandisk class 10 card and the noises disappeared. Apparently Fiio probably tests its players the most with Sandisk cards, so using a class 10 Sandisk card with it is a good idea. I got the idea of trying a fast Sandisk card in my M3 after reading some posts by a Fiio employee, who mentioned their players are tested with popular brands, and then mentioned Sandisk specifically.

Nov 2, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #1,152 of 3,121
Are you using a fast Sandisk card? My Fiio M3 has compatibility issues with a Transcend class 10 card and makes strange noises when playing songs on it.. I switched to a Sandisk class 10 card and the noises disappeared. Apparently Fiio probably tests its players the most with Sandisk cards, so using a class 10 Sandisk card with it is a good idea. I got the idea of trying a fast Sandisk card in my M3 after reading some posts by a Fiio employee, who mentioned their players are tested with popular brands, and then mentioned Sandisk specifically.

I have also noticed those noises or glitches in songs with no name sd cards with my x3ii. The brands that I know are fine are the sandisk ultras, Samsung evos and mixza 64gb and above. 32gb variants tend to run a lot slower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back