FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Oct 18, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #847 of 3,121
^That, is a waste of opportunity, if only Fiio made a proper user guide (like all sophisticated electronic product should) they can avoid making funny, avoidable Annoyances and hiccups like some 1st timer's 1st impression has, ie: Putting screen protector (really Fiio, just a thread for this?)
And jammed SD card.
When a person have to Google a thread to get a proper instruction, it's already a FAIL IMO.

Oct 18, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #848 of 3,121
I laughed at his comment, but TBH I think he was fed up with the device from day one according to his other post in this thread.  There's going to be folks out there that don't want to deal with the quirks and he's one of them it appears.

Actually I'm not fed up just to clarify. I'm very patient.

For the price it's a steal but I did buy it for the Vehicle Mode which could or could not have caused this hanging. The fact that there is no effective reset was just "laughable".

I'm still smiling. Or amused. I wouldn't be if I had paid 10 times the price for this DAP.

Oct 18, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #849 of 3,121
Actually I'm not fed up just to clarify. I'm very patient.

For the price it's a steal but I did buy it for the Vehicle Mode which could or could not have caused this hanging. The fact that there is no effective reset was just "laughable".

I'm still smiling. Or amused. I wouldn't be if I had paid 10 times the price for this DAP.

Gotcha. Hopefully you get it working or get a working replacement.

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #850 of 3,121
New to the forum and without a doubt scoured  the internet for an answer to my question about this device.  Like some, I was planning to dump my ipod and as the gen 2 had an in car mode, I jumped in.  Firmware upgrade and listening as a standalone is great as I usually go about with my e5 which is a little troublesome.

I tried to use it in the car and I'm unlucky that its not even recognised as a USB device, will check how the card was formatted and the line out options later (a little worried as someone reported as issue with it hanging).  

In case I get lucky, if someone knows if I can connect to the car via the 3.5 mm would at least allow me to control the volume. I am guessing that full control over playing the music won't work.  Driving Infiniti Q50 (software wise is only iffy, at least in Singapore). 

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #851 of 3,121
I received my X1ii today and except for a bluetooth problem everything is working well. I bought this for the bluetooth and I have to pair it to my Bose QC35 every time I want to use it. The X1ii doesn't remember the headphones. It's not the GC35, it tells me it's connecting to the X1ii but the X1ii doesn't show a connection. When I turn on the GC35 it will connect automatically to my iPhone or iPod Touch and start playing music. I don't expect the X1ii to do that but I do expect it to remember it was paired. When I pair it with the X1ii the name of the GC35 appears as connected on the X1ii and it works well, so when I turn it on the next time I expect to see the GC35 listed as paired. I did upgrade the FW to 1.2

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #852 of 3,121
New to the forum and without a doubt scoured  the internet for an answer to my question about this device.  Like some, I was planning to dump my ipod and as the gen 2 had an in car mode, I jumped in.  Firmware upgrade and listening as a standalone is great as I usually go about with my e5 which is a little troublesome.

I tried to use it in the car and I'm unlucky that its not even recognised as a USB device, will check how the card was formatted and the line out options later (a little worried as someone reported as issue with it hanging).  

In case I get lucky, if someone knows if I can connect to the car via the 3.5 mm would at least allow me to control the volume. I am guessing that full control over playing the music won't work.  Driving Infiniti Q50 (software wise is only iffy, at least in Singapore). 

You see this right here? This is why clear instructions should be included with the device.

Sorry to say buddy, but AFAIK the in car mode is only meant for when using the 3.5mm aux connection. I speak under correction, but I do not think you can connect the X1 via USB connection to play music.... But I'm not 100% certain

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #853 of 3,121
I received my X1ii today and except for a bluetooth problem everything is working well. I bought this for the bluetooth and I have to pair it to my Bose QC35 every time I want to use it. The X1ii doesn't remember the headphones. It's not the GC35, it tells me it's connecting to the X1ii but the X1ii doesn't show a connection. When I turn on the GC35 it will connect automatically to my iPhone or iPod Touch and start playing music. I don't expect the X1ii to do that but I do expect it to remember it was paired. When I pair it with the X1ii the name of the GC35 appears as connected on the X1ii and it works well, so when I turn it on the next time I expect to see the GC35 listed as paired. I did upgrade the FW to 1.2

I initially had the same problem. I'm not sure if it was really a problem or just my timing.
I believe that the X1's Bluetooth init delay was the issue.
Something in the FAQ said you have to wait about 2 minutes for the Bluetooth to initialize.

Verify you have "automatic connection on startup" set to on.
Turn on your X1, and it should display the starting Bluetooth.
Once that message goes away then fire up your headphones.
Then in about 1 minute they should pair themselves.

I had this problem with my car. If I tried to connect from X1 first or car first, I was given failed to connect from both sides. But, if I just set the X1 down and wait, which may be about 3 minutes, it's worked every time.
I hope it works for you too! My problem was with car pairing and not headphones, but just getting the X1 to pair. You may have to experiment because the init of the headphones Bluetooth may have its own long time. Perhaps timing when to turn each on will help.

Oct 18, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #854 of 3,121
It looks good. I hope any firmware issues that exist are fixed quickly. Fiio did a good job of fixing the original X1 firmware. When I bought the original X1 around 11 months ago, I was happy with how it functioned. I can't say the same for the M3 though, as its firmware still won't play songs in order by track number, and the player makes buzzing/stuttering noises occasionally. While the firmware released in March decreased the incidence of M3's noises, it still didn't get rid of them. I hope the firmware for the new X1 gets the same attention the original X1 got, and isn't treated like the M3, whose firmware still isn't satisfactory. I might buy the new X1, although I really want something smaller and lighter than the X1 which also has a scroll wheel, metal case,
and at least 25 hours of battery life. Perhaps something with the power output of the M3, but with a metal case and a much better user interface. Having FM radio included would be a nice bonus.

Oct 18, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #855 of 3,121
Thanks, will experiment a bit. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back