FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Oct 3, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #331 of 3,121
  samma3a.com, based in Dubai

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #333 of 3,121
Will inserting a micro SD card direct from an X1 into the X1 II cause issues when updating the firmware of the X1 II? Or are they interchageable?

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #334 of 3,121
Will inserting a micro SD card direct from an X1 into the X1 II cause issues when updating the firmware of the X1 II? Or are they interchageable?

My guess would be that yes you can use a card formatted in the X1 in the X1 II since it seems that the firmware is the same but I guess we wont know for sure until the new X1 is released.

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #336 of 3,121
Theo - if you can indulge (I've had mine for a couple of days)

• How is the library update speed? (mine was more than twice as slow as original X1)
  • How is the bluetooth? (Axgio IEMs cutting out a foot away from the X1ii) 

Feel free to PM me.  I'll be contacting FiiO anyway.  Either my unit has "issues" or they are in some serious need of firmware updates. 

Other than that - like the form factor, controls are very smooth, bit of lag.  Best thing is that headphones with controls working perfectly - and ones set for Apple - the volume controls work as wella s the tracking buttons.  Brilliant!

Just getting used to it at the moment. Will take some time ......

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #337 of 3,121
  Theo - if you can indulge (I've had mine for a couple of days)

• How is the library update speed? (mine was more than twice as slow as original X1)
  • How is the bluetooth? (Axgio IEMs cutting out a foot away from the X1ii) 

Feel free to PM me.  I'll be contacting FiiO anyway.  Either my unit has "issues" or they are in some serious need of firmware updates. 

Other than that - like the form factor, controls are very smooth, bit of lag.  Best thing is that headphones with controls working perfectly - and ones set for Apple - the volume controls work as wella s the tracking buttons.  Brilliant!

Just getting used to it at the moment. Will take some time ......

will pm you regarding those in a bit

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #339 of 3,121
Early days and initial firmware.  There will be bugs.  They will get ironed out.

I wouldn't worry too much yet.

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #342 of 3,121
Just something else I want to share with you guys, it seems that it will still be possible to create themes for the new X1. I just used the old firmware unpacking tools, and it seems to work the same way as for the other X-models

Edit: Oh wait, I had en exceptionally blonde moment there. I unpacked the firmware for the original X1, I don't have access to the new X1's firmware (yet).

But on that note...@Fiio, will it be possible for users to create their own themes?

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #343 of 3,121
@TheoS53
Can you say something about the new wheel on the X1 II?
Is it a big improvement from the old wheel from the X1?
How is the speed and precision of the new wheel?

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #345 of 3,121
Fiio x1II on preorder with advancedmp3players for £99.00.  With the 10% code that works out at £89.00.  That a fair price for what it offers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back