FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
May 3, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #2,615 of 3,121
That's exactly where I heard it! I'm going to dig around to see if I got any songs with transition in MP3 format and see whether it happen with those.

I read that gapless doesn't work with MP3s.

here is a quote from Fiio about gapless. "The gapless of MP3 format is not supported in X1 as well. The X1II may not support it in later firmware as well. Sorry."

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #2,618 of 3,121
X1II arrive today. I spent the last 2 days loading up a 200 gig card while waiting for it. No flac, just mp3s. I keep the flac on my X5II. Updated the fw upon getting it out of the box. Put the card in with music and scanned the library for fun (I'm a folder browser) and had 15,963 tracks and it took a while (maybe 10 minutes) to scan. Have not tested the Bluetooth yet. UI is nothing new for me coming from other X series DAPs. Touch wheel is taking some getting used to, but other than that no complaints. I'm glad I waited to buy rather than be frustrated for the past few months like others were. Sound wise and going from memory, it seems a little brighter sounding than my old X1, yet has better bass, but again this is just from memory so take it with a grain of salt. That's about it for initial impressions.

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #2,620 of 3,121
Mine arrives tomorrow. I've got about 10K fewer files to load than @fourrobert13
Clearly I need more music.
It's just that I can fit so many mp3s in a 200 gig card...lol. I've got a around 10,000 flac files on my X5II between two 200 gig cards.

On a side note concerning gapless and mp3s on the X1II, it appears to be working for me. No pops or clicks between tracks, nor any pauses that I can detect. 90% of my mp3s are converted from my own flac/CD rips using foobar2000 and the lame encoder. The other 10% are some VBR that were purchased from Amazon or eMusic and I haven't noticed any issues with these either. I do hear a pop at the end of an album after the last track, but none anywhere else during playback.

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #2,621 of 3,121
X1II arrive today. I spent the last 2 days loading up a 200 gig card while waiting for it. No flac, just mp3s. I keep the flac on my X5II. Updated the fw upon getting it out of the box. Put the card in with music and scanned the library for fun (I'm a folder browser) and had 15,963 tracks and it took a while (maybe 10 minutes) to scan. Have not tested the Bluetooth yet. UI is nothing new for me coming from other X series DAPs. Touch wheel is taking some getting used to, but other than that no complaints. I'm glad I waited to buy rather than be frustrated for the past few months like others were. Sound wise and going from memory, it seems a little brighter sounding than my old X1, yet has better bass, but again this is just from memory so take it with a grain of salt. That's about it for initial impressions.

I'm glad you seem happy with it. It is a good DAP...not perfect but still pretty good. It does the job :)

May 5, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #2,622 of 3,121
It's just that I can fit so many mp3s in a 200 gig card...lol. I've got a around 10,000 flac files on my X5II between two 200 gig cards.

On a side note concerning gapless and mp3s on the X1II, it appears to be working for me. No pops or clicks between tracks, nor any pauses that I can detect. 90% of my mp3s are converted from my own flac/CD rips using foobar2000 and the lame encoder. The other 10% are some VBR that were purchased from Amazon or eMusic and I haven't noticed any issues with these either. I do hear a pop at the end of an album after the last track, but none anywhere else during playback.

I always get that pop at the end of an album too...that doesn't bother me...it let's me know the album is over :)

May 5, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #2,623 of 3,121
I'm glad you seem happy with it. It is a good DAP...not perfect but still pretty good. It does the job :)

Putting it through its paces today at work, but so far so good.

I always get that pop at the end of an album too...that doesn't bother me...it let's me know the album is over :)

That's what it's doing for me as well.

May 5, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #2,624 of 3,121

It's not really

It's not really a bother if it make a little pop at the end...better than random popping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back