Fiio, with these...?
Jan 19, 2009 at 7:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

goldminer

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I've just recently ordered, after much research on HeadFi, a pair of Zagg Z Buds and a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80s. Really looking forward to them arriving, this is my first foray into 'higher' headphones (bit worried i'll get bitten by the bug!) Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the Fiio E5 amp with either of these 'phones - will it emphasise the bass too much?
I mostly listen to Electronica - Leftfield, Massive Attack, Sacha, John Digweed etc. Bit of chill like Zero 7 or Air and some Drum 'n' Bass.
Portable source: SonyNWZ A818
Home source: Yamaha CD/Hard drive player, Rotel multichannel amp

I don't think I really 'need' an amp with either of these (?) but as it's so cheap then i'm happy to get it unless it'll sound dreadful.

Thanks in advance for any help

Jan 21, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldminer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I've just recently ordered, after much research on HeadFi, a pair of Zagg Z Buds and a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80s. Really looking forward to them arriving, this is my first foray into 'higher' headphones (bit worried i'll get bitten by the bug!) Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the Fiio E5 amp with either of these 'phones - will it emphasise the bass too much?
I mostly listen to Electronica - Leftfield, Massive Attack, Sacha, John Digweed etc. Bit of chill like Zero 7 or Air and some Drum 'n' Bass.
Portable source: SonyNWZ A818
Home source: Yamaha CD/Hard drive player, Rotel multichannel amp

I don't think I really 'need' an amp with either of these (?) but as it's so cheap then i'm happy to get it unless it'll sound dreadful.

Thanks in advance for any help

Holy crap I ordered those exact two headphones for myself
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back