FiiO support not being cooperative, slow to response, and not paying attention to detail
Feb 20, 2017 at 3:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gnychis

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I was very excited to get my FiiO X3 2nd gen device after so many people on this forum seem to praise FiiO gear, as well as the good experience I had with my Alpen 2 which I use as a daily DAC.

I was given the FiiO X3 for Christmas, and it was ordered December 16 2016 from Amazon.com through a reseller with the return window closing on January 31.

Problem:  The headphone jack stopped working properly, causing the right ear's output to cut out.  I have to shake the device to get audio to come out of the right ear of my phone.

[Feb 5]:  I reported the problem to support@fiio.net
[Feb 9]:  I still had no response so I e-mailed again "Hello?"
[Feb 10]:  Response from FiiO assuring me everything would be taken care of, asking for details.
[Feb 13]:  I gave them the details of my order, telling them it was out of the return window.
[Feb 15]:  FiiO asks for an exact copy of my receipt, saying they cannot look it up on Amazon
[Feb 18]:  I provide my receipt.
[Feb 20]:  FiiO, not paying attention to detail, says that it's within the return window and I should return to the seller (my receipt states it's OUTSIDE of the return window).  This further delays the entire replacement process as I'm sure it will take 2-3 days for FiiO to respond again.

Additionally, FiiO is saying they would not be able to give me a new X3 for my faulty device:

Of course, you also can send the unit to our after-sales point in USA. But we don't have the new X3 2nd gen, and we can provide a good function replacement.

I would just end up getting a used good functioning replacement.

I'm disappointed in this entire engagement so far.  Its been 15 days and I've still gotten no where with obtaining a replacement.  The representative is not paying attention to details (I stated very early on this was outside of the return window), and it seems like FiiO will not be able to get me a new device or at least repair my device which is in pristine physical condition.  My device is barely over a month old.

Support ID: S93531-T43195

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #4 of 4
@gnychis you were kind of at a rather bad (or actually, worst) timing when you were trying to contact FiiO as Chinese New Year 2017 was at January 28th, and in general most Chinese companies will begin to shutdown about a week before CNY and only get back to full swing at least a week or two after. There is also typical that some employees will just decide not to come back after CNY at all, without prior notification no less, and result in shortage of manpower as well as confusion and delay in workflow. I know this probably won't help your situation there, but might give you an explanation on why the slowness and delay happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back