FiiO Q7 Portable Desktop-Class DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #436 of 714
Bought one. I'll scatter in my super novice amateur operation and sound review of the Q7 along this thread in the coming weeks.

Dec 23, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #437 of 714
Happy new owner as well :beerchug: ...the K7 and PL50 combo started to earn my trust back into the brand (twas a long story)...demoing the Q7 earlier and can't help myself but to pull the trigger as well on them...I guess this time - "7" IS a good number :beyersmile:

(Being charged via PL50)

20221223_231439.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #438 of 714
Happy new owner as well :beerchug: ...the K7 and PL50 combo started to earn my trust back into the brand (twas a long story)...demoing the Q7 earlier and can't help myself but to pull the trigger as well on them...I guess this time - "7" IS a good number :beyersmile:

(Being charged via PL50)

20221223_231439.jpg
The PL50 is the icing on the cake.
It bridges the gap between transportable and desktop performance and you will find out that Q7 with the PL50 at DC mode is comparable with the K7 and the K9 PRO.

I have almost finished my Q7 review and is probably going to be my last for 2022!

Dec 24, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #439 of 714
The PL50 is the icing on the cake.
It bridges the gap between transportable and desktop performance and you will find out that Q7 with the PL50 at DC mode is comparable with the K7 and the K9 PRO.

I have almost finished my Q7 review and is probably going to be my last for 2022!

Well if the Q7 and PL50 pairing sounds anything like the K9 Pro - fine by me :beyersmile: :beerchug:

Dec 24, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #441 of 714
FiiO team wishes you and your loved ones Good Health, Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!

FiiO team wishes you and your loved ones Good Health, Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!

DSC_8910.jpgDSC_8913.jpgDSC_8917.jpgDSC_8919.jpgDSC_8924.jpgDSC_8927.jpgDSC_8932.jpgDSC_8934.jpgDSC_8936.jpg
O! I have the same set. Beautiful girl. She will need Q7 to protect herself from hooligans :)

Dec 24, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #442 of 714
Brand new owner here as well. The Q7 got delivered last night from Amazon.
This is the blend between desktop and semi-portability I've been looking for.

(Being charged via PL50)

@karloil
Where can I get the PL50 in the US? Where did you get it?

It's not available on Amazon US, and I prefer not waiting until January 19th by ordering via AliExpress.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #444 of 714
Brand new owner here as well. The Q7 got delivered last night from Amazon.
This is the blend between desktop and semi-portability I've been looking for.

@karloil
Where can I get the PL50 in the US? Where did you get it?

It's not available on Amazon US, and I prefer not waiting until January 19th by ordering via AliExpress.
I'm planning to get the PL50 next month when I get the Q7 (I need to wait a few weeks for funds). Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be available on Amazon, Apos (I'm planning to get the Q7 here since they don't charge sales tax), or anywhere in the US. AFAIK, it's only available in the US through AliExpress and (I think) Linsoul; standard free shipping from China is very slow from both sites since the PL50 is below the minimum price for free express shipping. When I order this, I think I am going to bite the bullet and pay for express shipping (this option is about $26 on AliExpress and estimated delivery is a couple of weeks quicker). It's nice that it will come faster, but even more important to me is that express shipping is by DHL which inspires much more confidence than the standard shippers which are all unknown to me.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #445 of 714
I got mine from my usual local shop. I'm not US based, not the best person to ask/answer regarding this question.
Got it. Thanks.

I'm planning to get the PL50 next month when I get the Q7 (I need to wait a few weeks for funds). Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be available on Amazon, Apos (I'm planning to get the Q7 here since they don't charge sales tax), or anywhere in the US. AFAIK, it's only available in the US through AliExpress and (I think) Linsoul; standard free shipping from China is very slow from both sites since the PL50 is below the minimum price for free express shipping. When I order this, I think I am going to bite the bullet and pay for express shipping (this option is about $26 on AliExpress and estimated delivery is a couple of weeks quicker). It's nice that it will come faster, but even more important to me is that express shipping is by DHL which inspires much more confidence than the standard shippers which are all unknown to me.
Thanks! I paid the extra and did express shipping. It should arrive Jan. 4th.

Dec 24, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #447 of 714
Got it. Thanks.

Thanks! I paid the extra and did express shipping. It should arrive Jan. 4th.
Nice. I checked the AliExpress site and the available US version PL50s clicked down from nine to eight. I can't order the Q7 until after 1/18, but if the PL50s get much lower I will order one. There may be (and probably are) different levels of service, but over the years I've gotten two or three DHL deliveries from China and if IIRC they all arrived very quickly, usually 3 days or so after shipping.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #448 of 714
Nice. I checked the AliExpress site and the available US version PL-10s clicked down from nine to eight. I can't order the Q7 until after 1/18, but if the PL-10s get much lower I will order one. There may be (and probably are) different levels of service, but over the years I've gotten two or three DHL deliveries from China and if IIRC they all arrived very quickly, usually 3 days or so after shipping.
PL-10? Wuzzat? Did you mean the PL50? …or is there another product I am not aware of?

Dec 24, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #449 of 714
PL-10? Wuzzat? Did you mean the PL50? …or is there another product I am not aware of?
Sorry, my bad. I meant PL50; I fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back