[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Dec 11, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #2,296 of 3,234
@FiiO
I only use Q5s with bluetooth from my phone, but everytime I power on Q5s I have to press play button for 2s to pair Q5s with my phone.
Could you change that with the next firmware update to make Q5s remember the last state it is used, so for bluetooth users it automatically pairing with the last device on power up.

Thanks

Yep. Can confirm. This is a royal pain. It should behave like my other stuff.

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #2,297 of 3,234
@FiiO
I only use Q5s with bluetooth from my phone, but everytime I power on Q5s I have to press play button for 2s to pair Q5s with my phone.
Could you change that with the next firmware update to make Q5s remember the last state it is used, so for bluetooth users it automatically pairing with the last device on power up.

Thanks
This is not pairing but switching BT ON/OFF.
I would say your requirement would be solved by adding BT as another input to USB/Line/Opt/Coax switch - it remembers last setting - but this is idea for next generation.
I dont use BT personally because of much lower quality even on LDAC comparing USB. For mp3 no problem, it is already low quality, but I listen to flac up to 24/384 and DSD256 and the difference is really big.

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #2,298 of 3,234
I've heard that although you can easily disable USB charging through the FiiO app, you'd have to do it every time you turn the device off and back on. Is this still the case? Will it ever be fixed? I'm interested in using this as both a desktop and portable solution, but if you need to constantly disable the charging that'd be a bummer
Everything was already said here before. I use it also for phone and desktop. I don't care about switching charging off by Fiio Music app. It can be done very easily by connection.

You need USB cable with micro USB OTG on the Q5s end - ML06/CL06 for phone.
For desktop easiest way is cable USB-A male to USB-A male (the same male connector on both sides and USB micro OTG to USB female (any USB OTG reduction. You can buy both anywhere.

If you FIRST switch on Q5s, second connect phone/desktop to USB cable, and AS LAST connect Q5s to microUSB OTG cable. In this case there is no charging. You don't need any switch or application, only have correct cable and first switch device on and then connect.
Easy, isn't it?

FOR DESKTOP something like this:

31GcmhwXK2L.jpg
+
41CK3G-5zoL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
OR
5186f4qcW-L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Dec 12, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #2,299 of 3,234
I've heard that although you can easily disable USB charging through the FiiO app, you'd have to do it every time you turn the device off and back on. Is this still the case? Will it ever be fixed? I'm interested in using this as both a desktop and portable solution, but if you need to constantly disable the charging that'd be a bummer
While less than ideal, it really doesn't take long so in the big scheme of things it isn't really a barrier of any magnitude. Saying that, yes, if it could be addressed that would be nice.

Dec 13, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #2,301 of 3,234
Dec 19, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #2,304 of 3,234
Yes prefer it to connect bluetooth automatically like ES100, HiBy series and the majority of other DAP. Even Bose speakers does this. This is not unique. Once bluetooth is paired, everytime you turn on, it should connect automatically. I bought this because the turning on is easy and it says it will connect to the last used connection, only to realize you have to press another button everytime you want bluetooth. I use this only for bluetooth and nothing else, hence its important to have.

I hope Fiio add a firmware that connect to BT automatically.

Dec 20, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #2,305 of 3,234
I am a new head-fier and was wondering if anyone successfully got the q5s to work with the galaxy s10 via usb?

Dec 20, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #2,306 of 3,234
I am a new head-fier and was wondering if anyone successfully got the q5s to work with the galaxy s10 via usb?
Yes, I bought the Fiio cable and was using it the other night. For me it was just plug and play using the USB Audio Player app. I don't know if your issue is with the cable/connector you're using or whether you need to go into the developer settings and allow output to a dac.

Dec 21, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #2,308 of 3,234
Yes, I bought the Fiio cable and was using it the other night. For me it was just plug and play using the USB Audio Player app. I don't know if your issue is with the cable/connector you're using or whether you need to go into the developer settings and allow output to a dac.
Thankyou, I believe that is the issue, I absolutely love this dap, goes so well with my ie 800 s

Dec 21, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #2,309 of 3,234
I'm stuck as I dont see any dac output options in developer mode
Nvm, got it to work :)

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #2,310 of 3,234
I'm stuck as I dont see any dac output options in developer mode
Nvm, got it to work :)
Perhaps it was my mistake, it must be a setting in my player app that allows automatic routing to dac - apologies.
I recently bought the Fiio usb-b to c connector which ensures it doesn't charge off of your phones battery, it is quite flexible, small and was reasonably priced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back