[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Dec 6, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #2,282 of 3,234
I think in 10 years our phones will have 20000mah batterys and you can load it of your phone

But i think the battery will be at least 3-4 years good whit moderate usage then there will be 100 dollar amp dacs that will sound better
I dont think so. My second Fiio Q1 mk2 (first was broken and replaced after some months) started to have very big selfdischarging after several months around 150 mAh per day when switched off. I dont use it now but have to charge it at least once pet two week not to destroy battery completely.

I have also other very bad experiences with chines batteries - much lover capacity then declared, low timelife, once bought 3Ah acu for my movie camera and after some time it started to burn in my bag and result - 1200 USD camera was melt down and went to trash can. To say the true I was lucky because I had another SLR camera in the same bag and it had only white lithium dust on the surface. It could be cleaned otherwise another 3000USD would burn.
Once I bought 4 acus with declared 2000mAh but measured was 100mAh, 20x less then declared. My feedback about it was deleted, they accepted only good feedbacks :)
This is my reality.
Of course, there are also very good Chinese companies and I would like to have Fiio among them. Q5s is really great product from technical point of view and would be great if it would also keep its functionality for some time. Not everybody has enough money to buy flagship device every year.

Dec 6, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #2,283 of 3,234
I dont think so. My second Fiio Q1 mk2 (first was broken and replaced after some months) started to have very big selfdischarging after several months around 150 mAh per day when switched off. I dont use it now but have to charge it at least once pet two week not to destroy battery completely.

I have also other very bad experiences with chines batteries - much lover capacity then declared, low timelife, once bought 3Ah acu for my movie camera and after some time it started to burn in my bag and result - 1200 USD camera was melt down and went to trash can. To say the true I was lucky because I had another SLR camera in the same bag and it had only white lithium dust on the surface. It could be cleaned otherwise another 3000USD would burn.
Once I bought 4 acus with declared 2000mAh but measured was 100mAh, 20x less then declared. My feedback about it was deleted, they accepted only good feedbacks :)
This is my reality.
Of course, there are also very good Chinese companies and I would like to have Fiio among them. Q5s is really great product from technical point of view and would be great if it would also keep its functionality for some time. Not everybody has enough money to buy flagship device every year.
Well, I feel your pain, I've been burned like you too. But I don't think FiiO is even close to that bad. For example, I also have an old FiiO Q1 (1st Gen), so you know, their bottom of the barrel old, cheap DAC/Amp. The battery in it still lasts forever, even after a few years of use and abuse. Granted, it's not power hungry, but man did I expect the battery life to fall off a cliff back then. Nope. Little crappy doesn't even give a damn.

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #2,284 of 3,234
I got to spend a bit more time with my Q5s this afternoon - I was really enjoying the sound, then reminded myself that I'd been using bluetooth.
90% of the time I choose to connect using cables to milk out every possible bit of quality but as I don't have a cable to connect to my phone I'd used the bluetooth - very nice. I've just ordered a CL06 for future use with my tablet or phone. Having the bluetooth buttons is a major bonus over the xDSD.
I use USB Audio Player Pro for Android, can anyone please tell me whether you can change bluetooth codecs within the phone or app settings or the Fiio app is required?

Dec 7, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #2,286 of 3,234
I got to spend a bit more time with my Q5s this afternoon - I was really enjoying the sound, then reminded myself that I'd been using bluetooth.
90% of the time I choose to connect using cables to milk out every possible bit of quality but as I don't have a cable to connect to my phone I'd used the bluetooth - very nice. I've just ordered a CL06 for future use with my tablet or phone. Having the bluetooth buttons is a major bonus over the xDSD.
I use USB Audio Player Pro for Android, can anyone please tell me whether you can change bluetooth codecs within the phone or app settings or the Fiio app is required?

In the developer options on youre android phone you can select under Bluetooth audio codec the LDAC option, then under that is Playback quality that you can set to LDAC standards.
Also there are codec settings in the Fiio App when you connect via Bluetooth with it.

That is the only thing i dont like about my iphone, the lower bluetooth audio quality..

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #2,287 of 3,234
In the developer options on youre android phone you can select under Bluetooth audio codec the LDAC option, then under that is Playback quality that you can set to LDAC standards.
Also there are codec settings in the Fiio App when you connect via Bluetooth with it.

That is the only thing i dont like about my iphone, the lower bluetooth audio quality..
Thank you. I've only recently started using bluetooth for occasions I don't want to have a big device sandwich in my pocket and don't know much about how it all works.

Dec 7, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #2,288 of 3,234
Thank you. I've only recently started using bluetooth for occasions I don't want to have a big device sandwich in my pocket and don't know much about how it all works.
Do you have developer options turned on? The Bluetooth on the Q5s is fantastic sounding. I use it more than via a wired connection.

Dec 7, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #2,289 of 3,234
Do you have developer options turned on? The Bluetooth on the Q5s is fantastic sounding. I use it more than via a wired connection.
Yes, I do. I've had a look at the various setting tweaks in the past but don't want to meddle with something that causes a conflict.
I favour good solid cable connection, as I said to milk out any extra quality I can, but for convenience I now sometimes use bluetooth - after hearing the quality I will probably use more.

Dec 8, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #2,290 of 3,234

I am using it for watching movies on my iPad or LG TV. The great thing about this is that it does not have any audio delay, and the sound via Bluetooth is indeed amazing!! For music I use a wired connection with Tidal high-res or DSD/24 bit flac on my iPhone or pc. Only thing I need is a balanced cable for my Senneheiser HD650 :)

Dec 8, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #2,291 of 3,234
Dear friend,

The Bluetooth output and usb output is two different output, you could not compare that directly.

Which output are you using? The issue only happen in FiiO Music app or other app as well?

Could not read your video because of the Internet problem here. If you are convenient, you could share the video to us via email(support@fiio.com)

Best regards

Sorry for late reply, I was actually talking about input not output.

However it's all good now I am using Fiio music app which don't have this issue, I guess Spotify doesn't use the exclusive USB mode which is causing this issue.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #2,292 of 3,234
Sorry for late reply, I was actually talking about input not output.

However it's all good now I am using Fiio music app which don't have this issue, I guess Spotify doesn't use the exclusive USB mode which is causing this issue.

When you first use the fiio app it asks something about the default usb mode. When you accept this only high-ress music players will be able to play music, something like spotify or Tidal is not working then, at least thats how it worked for my on my phone. Disconnecting and reconnect and it would work again.

My cable that came with the Q5s (the lightning to usb) was broken. Contacted the official Fiio in my Country, not a word and its been over 2 weeks. I also contacted the shop i got the Q5s from and they delivered me a new one the next day! I asked if they could sent 2-3 cables, turnes out they are about 20 euro’s a cable........

Dec 11, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #2,293 of 3,234
@FiiO
I only use Q5s with bluetooth from my phone, but everytime I power on Q5s I have to press play button for 2s to pair Q5s with my phone.
Could you change that with the next firmware update to make Q5s remember the last state it is used, so for bluetooth users it automatically pairing with the last device on power up.

Thanks

Dec 11, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #2,294 of 3,234
@FiiO
I only use Q5s with bluetooth from my phone, but everytime I power on Q5s I have to press play button for 2s to pair Q5s with my phone.
Could you change that with the next firmware update to make Q5s remember the last state it is used, so for bluetooth users it automatically pairing with the last device on power up.

Thanks
@FiiO

And maybe a working ldac equalizer

Dec 11, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #2,295 of 3,234
I've heard that although you can easily disable USB charging through the FiiO app, you'd have to do it every time you turn the device off and back on. Is this still the case? Will it ever be fixed? I'm interested in using this as both a desktop and portable solution, but if you need to constantly disable the charging that'd be a bummer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back