[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Aug 10, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #1,186 of 3,226
Yeah official Fiio store through AliExpress. About 30 mins ago I now have parcel force tracking info. Has not left China yet.
I think I would contact FiiO as the item for the UK is not sent by China, it goes to Hong Kong and then on to Singapore.

For a reason I do not quite understand FiiO told me that they only use Singapore/4PX EMS for parcels to the UK, but it does travel by air.

With my Q5s, the parcel force tracking only showed once the item had arrived in the UK. Once it hit the UK it took 24 hours to be delivered, and it shipped through customs without any payments.

Give parcel force a ring they were very helpful with my delivery, and it is worth pointing out that FiiO appears to be miss labelling items. My parcel was rejected by Singapore Speed Post and Parcel Force once in the UK because of the address, I needed to speak with Parcel Force to ensure that the address was okay. If there is a Parcel Force tracking number they may be able to help.

Also if you let me have your tracking number, I would be happy to check it through the 20 old tracking services I used.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #1,187 of 3,226
What about Aliexpress? I bought mine there and came super fast to Mexico by DHL, there is no local authorized distributor here.
Mexico is a developed and civilised country. Unfortunately I live in UK.

Aug 10, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #1,189 of 3,226
@abitdeef - It would be interesting to know how you find the Q5s-3D as compared to the M11 on its own? Is there a noticeable difference? Thanks for the comments you have given so far.

Oh the difference is the same as comparing the stock amp of the Q5 to AM3D. They sound pretty much identical to me.

So to summarize, a slightly bigger more holographic stage, better control over the bass and a touch cleaner/neutral presentation. Not a big difference, noticable but not something that 'jumps' out of you.

The first thing I thought when I heard it was the more controlled bass. Well everything has a lot of control it's a very precise sound. It sounds very transparent so the recording sounds exactly like it's recorded.

The m11 and the stock amp for Q5 have a bit of warmth added. The nice thing is that the 3D even though it's more neutral it manages to sound natural if that makes sense. A drum strike sounds exactly like a real one does, a cymbal bloom is missing nothing and sounds totally accurate. It doesn't sound tinny or to soft or too metallic.

Sounds like I'm gushing again, lol it's not that m11 or am3e sound bad in any shape or form. But there is a touch of digital sheen and things don't sound as well controlled as 3D. Oh and almost forgot, with the slightly bigger more 3d stage effect of 3d (haha) the positioning seems to have a bit more space and accuracy as I said in my earlier post.

Imo of course :)

also I have nice slightly warmish or bassy iems and cans that I use. With something really treble centric, I might find 3d a bit fatiguing. Idk.

Tea time :)

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #1,190 of 3,226
I would agree, with brighter headphones I would likely prefer the stock AM3E a little over the AM3D which is certainly a more neutral/clean signature. At least that is how I am hearing things. I tend to prefer a little warmth in my sound, not much, but just that little toastiness.

Aug 10, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #1,191 of 3,226
I am in the position to choose between this or es100. I used to use daps before but now I only have a budget dap and Lg G7 ThinQ + Neutron HiRes. Plus many hifi equipment.

So just judging the SQ which one is more oriented towards HiFi and tonal balance?

Aug 10, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #1,192 of 3,226
I am in the position to choose between this or es100. I used to use daps before but now I only have a budget dap and Lg G7 ThinQ + Neutron HiRes. Plus many hifi equipment.

So just judging the SQ which one is more oriented towards HiFi and tonal balance?
The Q5s is definitely the real deal. I also have the G7 (nice phone).

Aug 10, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #1,193 of 3,226
Screenshot_20190810-215651~2.png Screenshot_20190810-215119~2.png
The Q5s is definitely the real deal. I also have the G7 (nice phone).

I think so especially after using an iphone X for 2 years :) and see this settings. You have a fantastic sound!!

Aug 10, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #1,194 of 3,226

I think so especially after using an iphone X for 2 years :) and see this settings. You have a fantastic sound!!
Where is that setting menu? I already am using LDAC (although I find even AAC sounds great) but curious to see what you are seeing, but in English. Cheers.

Aug 10, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #1,197 of 3,226
Gotcha, I have Neutron although I use Onkyo HF Player instead. It does the same thing so I don't lose anything. I just found Neutron needlessly complex with far too much to navigate through and I have used Neutron for years. As my phone is only for portable use I found HF Player to be every bit as good sounding as Neutron but just way easier to use. Thanks mate.

Aug 10, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #1,198 of 3,226

Q5s is leagues above ES100. 460 mw of power from balanced, with stock amp. ES100 is nice for on the go sound. ES100 does have a nice software suite.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #1,199 of 3,226
Gotcha, I have Neutron although I use Onkyo HF Player instead. It does the same thing so I don't lose anything. I just found Neutron needlessly complex with far too much to navigate through and I have used Neutron for years. As my phone is only for portable use I found HF Player to be every bit as good sounding as Neutron but just way easier to use. Thanks mate.

Q5s is leagues above ES100. 460 mw of power from balanced, with stock amp. ES100 is nice for on the go sound. ES100 does have a nice software suite.

Thanks guys. I'll be buying a q5s.

Aug 10, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #1,200 of 3,226
I would agree, with brighter headphones I would likely prefer the stock AM3E a little over the AM3D which is certainly a more neutral/clean signature. At least that is how I am hearing things. I tend to prefer a little warmth in my sound, not much, but just that little toastiness.

Yeah like ATs or ultrasones, or certain planars I'd probably use the am3e, or try the bass boost switch- which I haven't used yet ha ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back