[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Sep 3, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #1,771 of 3,226
I failed several times too. My solution, after a failed attempt, don't exit or turn off the device. Just run it again, it updated for me.
I think every option is grayed out if it fails. Will check again with the original Fiio cable now.

EDIT : Well, I tried to exit the app and try again without disconnecting/turning off the Q5s. It worked in the first try. Thanks bud!

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #1,774 of 3,226
It wasn't for me. I just had to re-select the bin file and start the update right after a failed attempt.
Well, doesn't matter, point is that you have to not follow the app's instructions of it to work. Counter intuitive, but hey, it works.
I communicate through an online translator and did not understand your question
Don't worry about it mate. I was just joking. It's all working now, so no worries. Thanks for sharing the firmware by the way!

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #1,775 of 3,226
Lol no fix for my bluetooth equalizer does nothing till you restart bug

Sep 3, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #1,778 of 3,226
Not sure if you guys notice on the instructions card. It states the input priority as BT>USB=OPTICAL=COAXIAL=LINE IN. So meaning BT connection is preferred than any other input connection? That is why some feel BT sounds better the wired connection? But for myself, wired connection i still find it much better than BT but too bad all my usb cable will have back charging....

I don't think Fiio means bluetooth is preferred over the rest . It is what was stated, input priority when multiple possible inputs are present.
eg. if you have a connection say via usb and you push the bluetooth enable button, it will switch to bluetooth and start the bluetooth pairing action regardless if the usb connection is still active and transferring data. For the rest, usb or line out or coaxial, you have to manually select the correct input that you want via the input button.

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #1,782 of 3,226
I just got the q5s yesterday. I tried to connect it with my cayin n3, shanling m0 and ap80 via usb. But it didn’t work. I just said like usb audio connected and it disconnected after that. I tried different cables but it didn’t work. Then i tried the line in but it didn’t work either. Only bluetooth connection worked. Anyone know why ?

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #1,784 of 3,226
@FiiO

It would be awesome if you could connect the Q5s to a smartphone through USB, and use the Fiio app to DISABLE power charging, somewhere in settings. Its possible to do this when connected to bluetooth, but not through a USB connection.
Yes! Disabling USB charging through Bluetooth connected settings is so illogical! Adds more steps to the process and annoying!

Sep 4, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #1,785 of 3,226
@FiiO

It would be awesome if you could connect the Q5s to a smartphone through USB, and use the Fiio app to DISABLE power charging, somewhere in settings. Its possible to do this when connected to bluetooth, but not through a USB connection.
Yes, This would have the best user experience if disabling power charging can be done through the USB connection. Fiio, please consider adding this feature to your next firmware release. Thank you for bringing up this excellent usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back