FiiO Q5S TC...
May 24, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #16 of 20
welp. the TC popped up on amazon with 4 units and gone in ~24h. They were $450 even too. already paying a premium at $360 for something that measures poorly and has little power for it's size. Sigh. Sucks. The Q5S TC was very enticing for also having bluetooth. :triportsad:
Have you looked into the monoprice monolith portable? Seems to be a sleeper and they are in stock.

May 24, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #17 of 20
Have you looked into the monoprice monolith portable? Seems to be a sleeper and they are in stock.
The monoprice was in the running early on. I ended up getting topping NX4. Impressive for the price. I'm keeping an eye on the Q5S tc but methinks chip shortages keeping supply very low. I still want one for the ergonomics and Bluetooth but not going to pay any extra premium for it.

May 24, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #18 of 20

Z also has high regards for it but idk if it was YouTube A-lister type of clout salesman bull.

however, this wouldn’t solve your Bluetooth situation.

I was also looking to find the Q5S

Jan 13, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #20 of 20
I would like to buy a used model (FiiO Q5S TC), where can I find it? I live in London

iirc, the type c version had a limited run because of chip shortages. there are about a dozen or so micro usb versions on ebay for $2-300 USD. I would keep checking ebay and classifieds in audio forums like head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back