[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Sep 7, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #1,816 of 3,226
Sep 7, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #1,818 of 3,226
Sep 7, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #1,820 of 3,226
What cable are you using?
I got the one from fiio and one from amazon basics both work and it also works on my pc whit my s10+ stock loading cable

Sep 7, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #1,822 of 3,226
I got the one from fiio and one from amazon basics both work and it also works on my pc whit my s10+ stock loading cable

With your S10+ does it give clicks and pops? I use the same cable and was never been able to got it working with my S10+. It works fine with Samsung Tab S6!

Sep 7, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #1,823 of 3,226
Thank you

With your S10+ does it give clicks and pops? I use the same cable and was never been able to got it working with my S10+. It works fine with Samsung Tab S6!

I tried it again it dont work in usb mode you guys are right i was the last half hour trying and googlein i dont now how it work as i was tryin usally i use it as bluetooth reciver maybe it was still over bt connected

I fou d this

Expanding on my original response here: It has been brought to our attention that the latest Samsung S10 and S10+ phones seem to have some compatibility issues with the SXFI AMP. This manifests itself as buzzing sounds every few seconds. We have conducted a thorough investigation, and we have confirmed that the issue is due to a bug in the firmware on the Samsung S10 and S10+ phones. We have also confirmed that this bug does NOT exist on the Samsung S9, and S8 phones. Here are some technical details regarding the nature of the bug in the Samsung S10 and S10+ phones. USB class audio devices such as the SXFI AMP needs to perform synchronization with the phone from time to time. The best synchronization mechanism as defined in this standard is called "Asynchronous USB". This is the technique used by the SXFI AMP and other good quality USB DACs in the market. Unfortunately, it looks like the Samsung S10 and S10+ did not implement the host side of this technique properly, unlike their older devices. If you are interested, you can watch a video describing the advantageous of "Asynchronous USB" here:

USB Audio Part 3: What is Asynchronous USB Audio? You may have heard of asynchronous USB audio, but what does it actually mean? We take you through the basics of USB audio transfer and take a look at the different types of USB audio DAC: Synchronous, Adaptive and Asynchronous ... www.youtube.com We have also confirmed that the Samsung S10 and S10+ exhibits the same problems when connected to other USB DACs like the Oppo HA2SE DAC, as well as other DACs using "Asynchronous USB" mode. We expect that Samsung will fix this in a future firmware update. In the meantime, we're studying how we may be able to workaround this bug that they have. This might not be easy, but we're studying this nonetheless."

So its not the fault of fiio its samsung fault maybe they will update it

Sep 10, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #1,825 of 3,226
Here's my review of the Q5s:

Sep 10, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #1,826 of 3,226
Got my Q5s yesterday and its amazing, the clairity on this thing is unbelievable! Now using it with my pc and Galaxy S7 Edge (waiting for my Note 10+) and im happy with the choice i made. First i wanted the M11 but i was sick of the DAP’s sucky hardware compared to my phone. Why have a good phone and a phone look-a-like for only music, so i found the Q5s. Hook it up with my smartphone and boom, same audio quality and way faster and better hardware.

One question remains: is it possible to connect this thing to a pc via usb and send the audio to a bluetooth headphone with the Q5s?

Sep 10, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #1,827 of 3,226
First i wanted the M11 but i was sick of the DAP’s sucky hardware compared to my phone. Why have a good phone and a phone look-a-like for only music, so i found the Q5s. Hook it up with my smartphone and boom, same audio quality and way faster and better hardware.

That's how I feel about DAPs too :)

One question remains: is it possible to connect this thing to a pc via usb and send the audio to a bluetooth headphone with the Q5s?

No.

Sep 10, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #1,828 of 3,226
Here's my review of the Q5s:

Hey, good review! I'm curious though, if you could describe a bit more the differences you hear between the Q5 and Q5s DAC sections and then about the stock amp modules.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #1,829 of 3,226
I know some people like to write reviews with a super detailed analysis of differences, but after listening with a bunch of headphones and IEMs, I tend to just stick to what is most noticeable after some time listening. I'm not sure what more detail I can give, other than to write the same things I said in the video but mention specific music tracks. I don't think that will really add anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back