[FiiO Q5s Type C ‖ Q5s] Bluetooth DSD-capable Amplifier,AK4493x2,768k/32bit
Jun 14, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #2,671 of 3,226
I did think about a reset but ran out of time last night, I will try this later on today and see what happens. Hopefully it’ll do the trick.
I’ve had to reset mine twice once when I accidentally disabled too many Bluetooth codecs and another time when I was saving equalizer settings and messed it up doing that it started playing songs and blinking out the audio however a reset worked like a charm both times.

Jun 14, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #2,672 of 3,226
I’ve had to reset mine twice once when I accidentally disabled too many Bluetooth codecs and another time when I was saving equalizer settings and messed it up doing that it started playing songs and blinking out the audio however a reset worked like a charm both times.

Ah, good stuff. Hopefully that’ll sort it then. I’ll update this evening when I have had a chance to do it. I wonder if I confused it somehow so caused the problem myself? I was flicking between the same tracks on both Tidal and Amazon Music HD to see if I could tell if there was any discernible difference between the two and it would only let me flick away from Amazon once before it stopped outputting any audio even though it was showing that the tracks were still playing. I put it down to a problem with the service - so was rebooting the app each time - as oppose to any potential problem with the dac, maybe I was wrong?

Jun 14, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #2,673 of 3,226
Ah, good stuff. Hopefully that’ll sort it then. I’ll update this evening when I have had a chance to do it. I wonder if I confused it somehow so caused the problem myself? I was flicking between the same tracks on both Tidal and Amazon Music HD to see if I could tell if there was any discernible difference between the two and it would only let me flick away from Amazon once before it stopped outputting any audio even though it was showing that the tracks were still playing. I put it down to a problem with the service - so was rebooting the app each time - as oppose to any potential problem with the dac, maybe I was wrong?
idk man this last time I was like yep dang I got a broken Q5s and next thing I know after the reset all was well again. Though yeah if your giving it different track pause/skip etc ques for signals it could get confused about that I suppose.

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #2,674 of 3,226
Okay so I bought a FiiO CL06: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DLQ2XYZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Does this cable transfer battery? I was hoping that it doesn't. I do own it and I don't think it does but my sony nw-zx507 walkman keeps dying suspiciously fast with it. (the walkman used a type c usb.)

It's not supposed to back charge, but there is definitely power drain going on, even with OTG cables (happens on every device that I own). The workaround I found that works is to first turn on your DAP and the Q5s WITHOUT the cable plugged into either. Plug the cable into your DAP first, and then into the Q5s. That should stop the battery drain with OTG cables.

Hope that works for you :)

Jun 14, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #2,676 of 3,226
Jun 14, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #2,677 of 3,226
idk man this last time I was like yep dang I got a broken Q5s and next thing I know after the reset all was well again. Though yeah if your giving it different track pause/skip etc ques for signals it could get confused about that I suppose.

Yes a reset has cleared it up so all good now and thanks for that.

Jun 14, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #2,679 of 3,226
What's the most powerful amp and also what's the best sounding amp that works with the Q5s as far as using the screwdriver and connecting it to the DAP? I know there's a few amp options out there but I'm unsure of where and what they are.
AM3D

Jun 14, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #2,680 of 3,226
I have had my FiiO BTR5 for about 2 weeks. I cannot believe the sound emanating out of this little device. I am paired to my iPhone switching off between listening to my Shure SE-215's and the Etymōtic ER3SE's in ACC wireless for the first time. I am listenIng to Philip Glass's spell binding lite opera Akhnaten. I don't know how to describe what I am hearing except to say I will never plug a set of ear phones into this iPhone ever again. Plugged the Ety's directly into the iPhone using the FiiO i1, the BTR5 sounds much better.

The BTR5 itself is a sold device It easily pairs with my iPhone XS Max, Siri functions as expected. It's built in microphone is reported to me to sound very good in phone calls. Battery life is supposed to be about 9 hours, this seems to be about right. One strange thing about it. The Glass front and back are so smooth and friction free that if you set it down on anything smooth it will start to slide around on its own like it has an air cushion going so be very careful were you set it down. It comes with a pocket clip to snap it into, good thing.

This is the 3rd FiiO device I have purchased. First the FiiO E17K (E17) Alpen 2 Portable. Next thr FiiO i1 Portable DAC and Amplifier. Very pleased with all of my FiiO purchases.

Attachments

• 53DF7F70-6404-4B41-8516-6E0813173772.jpeg
    53DF7F70-6404-4B41-8516-6E0813173772.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 3A687672-7544-4C4C-98D5-42277424DF2C.jpeg
    3A687672-7544-4C4C-98D5-42277424DF2C.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #2,681 of 3,226
Fiio said $20 for new wire - I thought they would cover a damaged part - live and learn FIIO poor customer service for warranty item. Less than one month old. I did buy both usb micro wires that were mentioned in thread and both connect better than FIIOs oem wire. The black braided one I got from hifimediy is vastly better sounding than amazon and better than stock oem from FIIO. The one from amazon is better looking and is better than stock and half the price of hifimediy micro usb to lightning... I can post pic if ppl ask me - thanks again

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #2,682 of 3,226
What's the most powerful amp and also what's the best sounding amp that works with the Q5s as far as using the screwdriver and connecting it to the DAP? I know there's a few amp options out there but I'm unsure of where and what they are.
AM5 is the most powerful amp module. "Best sounding" is subjective, and will vary from person to person. However, many people speak very highly of the AM3D.

Jun 17, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #2,684 of 3,226
AM5 is the most powerful amp module. "Best sounding" is subjective, and will vary from person to person. However, many people speak very highly of the AM3D.
Thats not true am3d delivers more power thru balanced then the am5

Am3d 60mw into 300 ohm

Am5 55mw into 300 ohm

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #2,685 of 3,226
How do I use the highest possible codecs via USB from my laptop? Or does it just default to the highest? It shows a blue light, and it sounds quite good.
I'm trying to get the best sound streaming Tidal through my laptop.
Thru usb it should change from alone. It should show another color when playing master quality on tidal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back