1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO Q5s • Flagship Bluetooth DAC & AMP || Dual AK4493 DAC chips || Amplifier Module AM3E with 2.5/3.5/4.4mm Output || USB/Bluetooth/SPDIF/Line Input

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. showme99
    I just checked this on my Q5. The bass boost, gain, and volume control are only applied to the headphone output. They have no effect on the line out.

Papa253 likes this.
  2. TheoS53
    Thanks for checking it out for me. Ah that's a bit of a pity

3. Hinomotocho
    Apologies if this sounds like a silly question, but is anyone able to please list the improvements or benefits of the Q5s over the Q5? I wanted the Q5 but the added cost to get 4.4mm pushed it over the top for me.
    Would anyone with the original consider upgrading?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  4. MidSmoothness
    Nope, keeping my Q5, it’s perfectly fine.

5. Adityaseven7
    Could u share a link of the roadmap?

6. TheoS53
    Sorry, I'm not at liberty to do that

7. KopaneDePooj
    That's how line-out is supposed to work in any device: clean pre-amped output, nothing else.

8. KopaneDePooj
    [​IMG]

Ypsilon likes this.
  9. Hinomotocho
    Thank you very much - based on the specs should there be an noticeable improvement in sound quality?

10. TheoS53
    Usually, yes, but I wasn't sure if it has a preamp control. The Micro iDSD BL's bass boost and 3d effect works in lineout when it's in preamp mode...so I was just curious if the Q5 maybe had the same

KopaneDePooj likes this.
  11. KopaneDePooj
    You're welcome.
    When it comes to numbers and higher res codecs, that depends on ones ability to hear and especially imagine :)
    When it comes to the fact that it uses different DAC and AMP module, we'll have to wait and see some reviews / impressions. The sound signature can be slightly different, that doesn't mean better.

Hinomotocho likes this.
  12. Adityaseven7
    Oh ok, np.

13. Hinomotocho
    Sensible answer.
    I don't know much about specs, I was just being impatiently optimistic.
    I ended up with an ifi xDSD which sounds great but I have never gotten used to the odd controls - it reminds me of those movies where they get into the cockpit of an UFO.
    Also 4.4mm is a nice solid connection I have happily adopted and I would be happy to do away with the extra 3.5 TRRS adapter I have to use.

14. KopaneDePooj
    He he, I'd say stay with your UFO :) it's a nice alien biscuit sandwich and I heard it sounds close to the Micro iDSD Black Label that I had the pleasure to listen to and I liked more than my Q5.
    The rest are details. But it's your money, if you're eager for a new toy, go for it :)

15. Hinomotocho
    You represent the sensible voice I hear in one ear, while the other voice in the other ear leads me astray :alien:

showme99 and KopaneDePooj like this.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last