FIIO Q15 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 4, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #481 of 761
Just keep clicking through the menus, English will pop up amongst the Chinese, then click on it.
Yes it’s in the last choice of the third « page » in the menu
IMG_6421.jpeg

Feb 5, 2024 at 5:39 AM Post #482 of 761
I only use Macs, so I had to borrow a windows laptop from a neighbour. I followed the instructions in the word doc, starting with installing the driver, restarting the laptop afterwards, charging Q15 to 100%, connecting it as per the notes, started the installation, and then waited for the Q15 to turn back on. Seamless process despite me using an unfamiliar operating system and machine.

Feb 5, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #483 of 761
I only use Macs, so I had to borrow a windows laptop from a neighbour. I followed the instructions in the word doc, starting with installing the driver, restarting the laptop afterwards, charging Q15 to 100%, connecting it as per the notes, started the installation, and then waited for the Q15 to turn back on. Seamless process despite me using an unfamiliar operating system and machine.
Likewise.

Feb 6, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #484 of 761
I'm just curious, why do you use Ultra High Gain with Hifiman Sundara Closed?

It seems they sound good on Medium gain.
I was just experimenting with the different gain modes and what changes those different modes made to the Sundara headphone. I liked what I was hearing on Ultra High Gain so I left it there, but completely agree that the Q15 drives them well on Medium gain.

Feb 6, 2024 at 8:01 PM Post #485 of 761
Coupling with the golden size ratio of 18:9 makes it comfortable to use both when being handheld and when bundled with other portable devices.
Does anybody know the story behind this “golden size ratio of 18:9”?
My maths may be rusty, but I believe 18:9 is about….. 2 to 1… Sure it matches Fiio’s claimed dimensions of “About 143.5 x 71.75 x 21.75mm” but it’s also the most pedestrian size ratio one could come up with… What the ???

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #491 of 761
Does anybody know the story behind this “golden size ratio of 18:9”?
My maths may be rusty, but I believe 18:9 is about….. 2 to 1… Sure it matches Fiio’s claimed dimensions of “About 143.5 x 71.75 x 21.75mm” but it’s also the most pedestrian size ratio one could come up with… What the ???
It is supposed to be the same ratio as the new mobile phones so that you can put together phone and Q15 having Q15 and phone exactly same size

Feb 7, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #493 of 761
Okay, I am joining the group of the highly annoyed guys ... After I updated to FW 1.82, I listened for quite some time over Bluetooth only. After getting back to USB, I realized that gain in USB Mode has lowered significantly. On SH, I turn the volume around 50, and it is still not very loud. Switiching to Bluetooth, it gets a lot louder, too loud for my ears. PEQ is on Bypass, MQA Mode off, but fiio App on Windows shows "DevKit". Can I do something to change this behavior? Or do I have to Factory Reset and update to 1.66 and stay there? I hate things like this ... Thanks for your help!

Feb 8, 2024 at 1:36 AM Post #494 of 761
Okay, I am joining the group of the highly annoyed guys ... After I updated to FW 1.82, I listened for quite some time over Bluetooth only. After getting back to USB, I realized that gain in USB Mode has lowered significantly. On SH, I turn the volume around 50, and it is still not very loud. Switiching to Bluetooth, it gets a lot louder, too loud for my ears. PEQ is on Bypass, MQA Mode off, but fiio App on Windows shows "DevKit". Can I do something to change this behavior? Or do I have to Factory Reset and update to 1.66 and stay there? I hate things like this ... Thanks for your help!

There are many bugs at the moment with the Firmware, especially with EQ. EQ over usb has major problems, sometimes it doesnt work at all when on, it renames the output to DevKit interface, it lower the volume by a huge amount, and sometimes it doesn't even save the changes. It's has major bugs - in any software development this would be treated as a urgent hotfix requirement - i'd have to work over weekends and evenings to get out a fix asap, every hour counts, but Fiio seems quite chilled about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back