FiiO Music Survey Questionnaire
Jun 9, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #31 of 31
By the way, I just bought the best T5 screwdriver you can get, a Wiha Torx PicoFinish T5x40mm Precision screwdriver (part #26737) and it DOES NOT FIT FIIO'S SCREWS FULLY. Some barely fit, some don't fit, some fit partially, it's a freaking joke! Fiio should change their Q5/Q5s markings to say "Our screws are a T4.5, which don't even exist in a screwdriver." They say they are using T5 screws but give you a T4 screwdriver. Now you know why!

They found some crappy company to give them a nice face finish and make them a size T4.5 which doesn't even exist!! Any of my several top of the line brands of Torx T5 screwdrivers fit REAL T5 SCREWS perfectly! If I could find a T5 screw in their length and head diameter I would buy them in a New York minute! But they don't exist anywhere, and that says a lot! If a screw can't be found at any other company on the planet (and I've looked for over 12 hours everywhere) then it shouldn't be used, PERIOD, end of story. FiiO, if you're listening for a change, start using screws that people can replace without having to buy more from you directly! (And when they scratch their module because your supplied garbage T4 screwdriver, or even using a GOOD T4 screwdriver, slips out of your size T4 1/2 screw then you are responsible for replacing their module.

I doubt I'll be buying any more products from them, even if the hardware is good. What company offers a 1 year limited warranty on the unit but only a 6 month warranty on the battery THEY CHOOSE to put inside of it? What does that tell you right off the bat? That the battery is of cheap quality, and why their products are cheap for their performance class. I know all about having a nice chassis on a product you want to own because I made one, but I didn't use subpar parts inside of the chassis. What company makes you go through 4 software programs to update the firmware (and only on a PC) and doesn't even have any decent mobile apps to support it? I am so glad I wasn't tempted to consider the M15 in the future, or whatever their flagship might be at that time. If swappable modules are your highest selling point on several products, and you come out with an amp (a THX AAA-78 balanced amp) that surpasses the amp you put in your flagship M15 (which should also have swappable amps), AND you put the Micro-USB (which should be a USB-C nowadays) upside down so that the L-connectors (because you don't make a decent length straight cable, AND your cables are proprietary, AND you don't sell replacements) put pressure on any balanced 2.5mm or 4.4mm jack adjacent to the upside down Micro-USB jack so that only the 3.5mm unbalanced port on a balanced amp won't suffer any strain, THEN YOU NEED A NEW C.E.O!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back