FiiO Music App v1.1.9 - No VU Meter?
May 3, 2020 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

travellersolo

New Head-Fier
Hi all. I have a Fiio X5iii from two years ago. Yesterday I updated the firmware to 1.2.5 and FiiO Music App 1.1.9, and to my dismay the beautiful blue VU meter display is no longer available when playing tracks. What's the problem?

1588486367087.png

May 3, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #4 of 7
Oh really? What a loss! But I don't understand, is it very difficult to retain this wonderful feature?
I also really liked the "VU metеr" visualizer, but Fiio decided to remove it from the firmware. It can be returned, but for this you need to roll back to the old firmware, but I have no experience in this, so I can hardly help, but if it interests you, I can give a link to information on rolling back the firmware, but the information is in Russian.

May 4, 2020 at 5:26 AM Post #5 of 7
I also really liked the "VU metеr" visualizer, but Fiio decided to remove it from the firmware. It can be returned, but for this you need to roll back to the old firmware, but I have no experience in this, so I can hardly help, but if it interests you, I can give a link to information on rolling back the firmware, but the information is in Russian.
Maybe I can try if I can understand. Anyway if I go back to that older version would I lose anything useful? The previous firmware feels pretty alright to me. Another thing: If I perform a factory reset, will I get back to the original firmware in the state when I bought it new from the shop?

May 5, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #6 of 7
Anyway if I go back to that older version would I lose anything useful?
Fiio in new firmware versions corrects errors, makes useful changes, improves the stability of the device, but if you were completely satisfied with the work on the old firmware version and you want to return the VU-Meter visualization, then you can try rolling back to the old firmware.

Another thing: If I perform a factory reset, will I get back to the original firmware in the state when I bought it new from the shop?
No, resetting to factory settings will not return the old firmware version.

Maybe I can try if I can understand.
I don’t know) Last night I read the instructions for rolling back the firmware in my native language, but, to tell the truth, I couldn’t figure it out, since this requires experience in practice, but I no longer have X5-3 for me it’s difficult to translate the sequence of actions for you to roll back the firmware. It's not so easy. I do not want to give erroneous advice and thus turn your music device into a brick. I advise you to write to the discussion thread on the X5-3 forum and ask for advice, I think there will be people who have experience in rolling back firmware. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...d-dts-android-dual-card-slot.828402/page-1040

Information in Russian: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=825351&view=findpost&p=73841818

May 5, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #7 of 7
Fiio in new firmware versions corrects errors, makes useful changes, improves the stability of the device, but if you were completely satisfied with the work on the old firmware version and you want to return the VU-Meter visualization, then you can try rolling back to the old firmware.

No, resetting to factory settings will not return the old firmware version.

I don’t know) Last night I read the instructions for rolling back the firmware in my native language, but, to tell the truth, I couldn’t figure it out, since this requires experience in practice, but I no longer have X5-3 for me it’s difficult to translate the sequence of actions for you to roll back the firmware. It's not so easy. I do not want to give erroneous advice and thus turn your music device into a brick. I advise you to write to the discussion thread on the X5-3 forum and ask for advice, I think there will be people who have experience in rolling back firmware. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...d-dts-android-dual-card-slot.828402/page-1040

Information in Russian: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=825351&view=findpost&p=73841818
If it is so troublesome, then I'd just keep the latest firmware. Thank you very much for your advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back