FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Oct 7, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #2,131 of 2,501
@FiiO
I discovered an issue with the Wifi, sometimes when i wake up the m9 from "stand by" the wifi connects and the drops my connection and its loops this,

Wifi connects, and then drop the connection, wifi connects and then drop connection... if i disable the wifi and then enable it, goes again with the loop.

This is random, when this happens i have to restart the device and then it works fine.

Im using the lastest FW 1.0.5.

Oct 7, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #2,132 of 2,501
@FiiO
I discovered an issue with the Wifi, sometimes when i wake up the m9 from "stand by" the wifi connects and the drops my connection and its loops this,

Wifi connects, and then drop the connection, wifi connects and then drop connection... if i disable the wifi and then enable it, goes again with the loop.

This is random, when this happens i have to restart the device and then it works fine.

That sounds like what my M9 was doing and that's the reason I returned it to the retailer. Fiio told me it was a poor quality WiFi chip.

Oct 8, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #2,133 of 2,501
@FiiO

Dear friend,

Sorry to hear about that. Please try a factory restore first. Did you try another WiFi?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 8, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #2,134 of 2,501
That sounds like what my M9 was doing and that's the reason I returned it to the retailer. Fiio told me it was a poor quality WiFi chip.
I don't thinks so, in FW 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 this issue didn't happened.

Dear friend,

Sorry to hear about that. Please try a factory restore first. Did you try another WiFi?

Best regards
I'll do a factory reset and i'll let you know.

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #2,136 of 2,501
It looks like I'll be migrating from the M9. It's really done everything I could have wanted. I've been streaming Spotify at their high quality, 320 kbps OGG format, and it is really good. It not like Lewis Hamilton fast....but fast enough. The FiiO music app is OK and Pulsar works very well. BUT... I signed up for Amazon HD music streaming 90 day free trial, and downloaded their latest Amazon HD apk. Sadly the M9 cannot cope with it. Sometimes it plays, more often than not it hasn't got the processing power for the way the Amazon HD streaming works, and just sits there with a little circle. When it does work their is no flashing colour at all on the LED whether it the HD quality or the Ultra HD quality. So maybe FiiO need to do something with their firmware or maybe the M9 hasn't got enough Ram. Either way I'm going to go for either the M11 or the iBasso DX160. I'll still use the M9 to transmit via Bluetooth APTX-HD to my HiFi and BluDento HD receiver, but sadly it struggles to stream Amazon HD so the M9 party is over.

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #2,137 of 2,501
The problem with amazon music hd is not in the M9. The application itself makes problems for different devices. Overall Fiio has a problem with amazon music hd. I have a m9 and a m11. I have no problem with either. But a lot of people have. See the discussion on m11.

Oct 24, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #2,138 of 2,501
Amazon Music works fine on M9 and M11. If you upgrade to Amazon Music HD it doesn’t work. I don’t think this is anything to do with processing power,WiFi capabilities,more the version of Android being incompatible with the app. The M11 is a wonderful device but don’t get it if Amazon HD is your primary reason. I also have ibasso 220 and it works great on there. However,I have yet to find a streaming service that genuinely sound as good as the ibasso with android turned off. Just an opinion.

Oct 24, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #2,139 of 2,501
Amazon Music works fine on M9 and M11. If you upgrade to Amazon Music HD it doesn’t work. I don’t think this is anything to do with processing power,WiFi capabilities,more the version of Android being incompatible with the app. The M11 is a wonderful device but don’t get it if Amazon HD is your primary reason. I also have ibasso 220 and it works great on there. However,I have yet to find a streaming service that genuinely sound as good as the ibasso with android turned off. Just an opinion.

I did use the basic Amazon Music player on the M9 but took up the free 90 day HD trial. I'm getting the iBasso DX16O next week so it won't matter so much. Amazon HD doesn't sound much better than Spotify 320 kbps OGGs...but Amazon ULTRA HDs sound a lot cleaner than the Spotify OGGs. The Amazon Music App HD only works occasionally when it fancies it on the M9. As you say seems that the M11 struggles with Amazon HD too. The M11 thread is full of it. Time to go to iBasso.

Oct 24, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #2,140 of 2,501
To be honest I love both ibasso and fiio devices. Undoubtedly the best sound I have heard from any dap,and I have heard many,is ibasso 220 but with Android bypassed. And yet I love my fiio devices as much. Looking forward to M15 big time.
I really like Amazon HD. I use it frequently and think it’s excellent. In truth I am old fashioned preferring to own rather than rent music,but Amazon HD is my gateway for discovering new artists,music.
The two companies are similar in that they provide the highest quality,without compromise,at realistic prices. Long may they continue with this philosophy.

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #2,143 of 2,501
Took a few apk's off the M9 and have managed to get the Amazon HD streaming app working. At least for today. Sounds great with the Blon 03s. Shame I love the sound quality of the M9 but sometimes it struggles to run the Amazon HD apk. The Ultra HD quality is the best I have heard. There's a 90 day free trial at the moment and I think I'll migrate from Spotify.

Oct 25, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #2,144 of 2,501
So I have seemed to have partly solved my problem with using Amazon HD streaming app on the M9. I just took all unwanted apps and their apks off the M9. Then as long as I don't use any other apps to clog the M9's memory, Amazon HD and Ultra HD play and the app works well. I assume it's a mixture of a RAM problem along with the way the Amazon HD app works. Also maybe a limited incompatibility with the version of Android the M9 uses, because sometimes it works. Anyway for those wanting to use Amazon HD on their FiiO M9, it is possible, but you may have to clean up the 2GB internal memory and use the App straight after booting. It does sound fantastic and the FiiO M9 has amazing sound quality especially with ultra HD tracks. The LED light stays off so you will have no idea what level of sound is playing. You will have to trust your ears. Maybe FiiO could quickly do some work on the Firmware to make it work consistently with the Amazon HD app and not lose ground on other DAPs as the M9 sound is fantastic.

Oct 25, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #2,145 of 2,501
If Amazon HD wont play and you just get a rotating thing (processing, processing) you need to start a track that's 24/96 in another app (i use neutron) then stop it and switch to Amazon HD and it will play just fine. It is some bug in Amazon HD app that wont activate the sound driver the proper way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back