FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Apr 12, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #1,801 of 2,501
Does anyone have suggestions for cleaning out the internal memory? I am doing all music storage on the card (including offline Spotify), but every time I transfer new music onto the player I get the "internal memory almost full" message. I've deleted app installers and apps I am not using.

It does seem that there are a lot of album art thumbnails stored in internal memory. Is this something I can delete?
I'm having the same issue and I've been going into the Spotify app and clearing the cache and it solves the issue... It seems to me that Spotify caches to the internal memory...I wish I knew how to change this and if it's even possible..btw I already have storage set to my SD but it seems that Spotify caches different.

Apr 12, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #1,802 of 2,501
So are you confirming that this is a hardware fault affecting the WiFi chip in the device and it will not be improved by a future firmware upgrade?

@FiiO I'm still waiting on a reply to this question but have noticed you have answered other users who have posted more recently. You've said you're waiting on Samsung responding to you, so are you saying that the WiFi issues I'm experiencing could be fixed by a software update if they provide one or is it a hardware fault with the internal component which will never improve?

Apr 13, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #1,804 of 2,501
@FiiO I'm still waiting on a reply to this question but have noticed you have answered other users who have posted more recently. You've said you're waiting on Samsung responding to you, so are you saying that the WiFi issues I'm experiencing could be fixed by a software update if they provide one or is it a hardware fault with the internal component which will never improve?
Dear friend,

We are sorry that we may not be able to give a proper answer now as well. Because the Samsung company haven't provide a solution to us currently. Thanks for understanding.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 13, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #1,805 of 2,501
My headphones 3 control buttons stopped working when I plugged in Fiio M9. Any solution or fix. I cannot skip the track nor increase decrease volume. How to resolve this. I am using 1more quad driver headphones. Can someone help pls

Apr 14, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #1,807 of 2,501
My headphones 3 control buttons stopped working when I plugged in Fiio M9. Any solution or fix. I cannot skip the track nor increase decrease volume. How to resolve this. I am using 1more quad driver headphones. Can someone help pls

There is an option in the M9 settings to turn off the in line remote function on headphones with buttons. You could try checking that to see if it is off.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #1,808 of 2,501
Dear friend,

We are sorry that we may not be able to give a proper answer now as well. Because the Samsung company haven't provide a solution to us currently. Thanks for understanding.

Best regards

@FiiO That is unfortunate. You have stated this is a problem with the WiFi chip and, due to your inability to provide further information because Samsung haven't replied to you, I wilI have to assume it is a genuine hardware fault which will not be rectified by a future firmware upgrade. I will therefore have to take this up with the seller to confirm I am still in a position to return it and look at an alternative device.

Apr 14, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #1,809 of 2,501
@FiiO That is unfortunate. You have stated this is a problem with the WiFi chip and, due to your inability to provide further information because Samsung haven't replied to you, I wilI have to assume it is a genuine hardware fault which will not be rectified by a future firmware upgrade. I will therefore have to take this up with the seller to confirm I am still in a position to return it and look at an alternative device.

FiiO are saying there is a problem regarding WiFi with the Exynos 7270 chip. Yet many of us do not seem to have a problem with the WiFi cutting out. Is this happening when the M9 'sleeps', because mine has never cut out. It seems to be that some do drop WiFi, but it must be a Samsung quality control problem as many don't drop WiFi yet some do. FiiO do have responsibility though as they are manufacturing and selling defective products. Each country will have different sales laws. In the UK the laws are quite good. For those that bought through Amazon, returning products is easy enough. If bought through the FiiO shop, or other sellers, how responsible will they be?

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #1,810 of 2,501
There are quite friendly laws for consumers in my country (Russia), but I very doubt that seller will find out these tiny but annoying bugs if I try to return this DAP. At the best case they will replace it to another buggy one. No refund.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #1,811 of 2,501
FiiO are saying there is a problem regarding WiFi with the Exynos 7270 chip. Yet many of us do not seem to have a problem with the WiFi cutting out. Is this happening when the M9 'sleeps', because mine has never cut out. It seems to be that some do drop WiFi, but it must be a Samsung quality control problem as many don't drop WiFi yet some do. FiiO do have responsibility though as they are manufacturing and selling defective products. Each country will have different sales laws. In the UK the laws are quite good. For those that bought through Amazon, returning products is easy enough. If bought through the FiiO shop, or other sellers, how responsible will they be?

As I've already said, all power saving options have been turned off. If I want to save some battery life I have to manually turn the screen off by short pressing the power button. I appreciate that some users aren't having this problem but it's an issue for those of us that are because wireless streaming is what many of us bought the device for. I don't have the luxury of being able to buy lots of hi res albums to store locally on the device. Yes, I could save albums for offline listening in Tidal and Qobuz but why should I have to do that if I have a fast stable internet connection? When the M9 drops its connection, every other wireless device in my home remains connected. To be honest I've lost interest in trying to get a decent answer from Fiio. It's unlikely they're going to push Samsung for an answer as to whether it's a quality control issue with the chip or a software issue with the firmware as they will want customers to buy the more expensive M11, I'm happy to be proven wrong though. Samsung aren't in the business of manufacturing consistently faulty hardware so if it's a quality control issue I would be more willing to bet that Fiio have bulk bought chips which include some that Samsung would usually have scrapped or sold as a lower spec chip in order to keep costs down. My Amazon return Window expired on 22 Mar but hopefully they will accept it back as a faulty item and give a full refund if I provide them with screenshots of Fiio's responses to me on here.

Apr 14, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #1,812 of 2,501
As I've already said, all power saving options have been turned off. If I want to save some battery life I have to manually turn the screen off by short pressing the power button. I appreciate that some users aren't having this problem but it's an issue for those of us that are because wireless streaming is what many of us bought the device for. I don't have the luxury of being able to buy lots of hi res albums to store locally on the device. Yes, I could save albums for offline listening in Tidal and Qobuz but why should I have to do that if I have a fast stable internet connection? When the M9 drops its connection, every other wireless device in my home remains connected. To be honest I've lost interest in trying to get a decent answer from Fiio. It's unlikely they're going to push Samsung for an answer as to whether it's a quality control issue with the chip or a software issue with the firmware as they will want customers to buy the more expensive M11, I'm happy to be proven wrong though. Samsung aren't in the business of manufacturing consistently faulty hardware so if it's a quality control issue I would be more willing to bet that Fiio have bulk bought chips which include some that Samsung would usually have scrapped or sold as a lower spec chip in order to keep costs down. My Amazon return Window expired on 22 Mar but hopefully they will accept it back as a faulty item and give a full refund if I provide them with screenshots of Fiio's responses to me on here.
Why don't you just return and get a new ones?

I have had no wifi issues on both m6 and m9. My only issue with wifi is lack of 5Ghz support which is lame in 2019.

Apr 14, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #1,813 of 2,501
Why don't you just return and get a new ones?

I have had no wifi issues on both m6 and m9. My only issue with wifi is lack of 5Ghz support which is lame in 2019.

Lucky you. When I return it, it will be for a refund. There have been enough people saying they've had the same issue and Fiio have confirmed there's a problem with the hardware so that gives me enough cause to be concerned that any replacement may have the same problem. A risk I'm not willing to take.

Apr 14, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #1,814 of 2,501
If it's on amazon, you'd have another 30 days to return it (at least in the US market) after you get the new one if you decide to return it and buy a new one.

Apr 14, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #1,815 of 2,501

Fingers crossed that refund will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back