Fiio M6 Replacement?
Sep 26, 2022 at 4:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Claypole

100+ Head-Fier
I’ve had my Fiio M6 for a few years, and now the power button has seized up. it might have been a flawed DAP, but I can’t complain about the sound quality. Either with headphones, IEMs, or using line out and plugged in to my main HiFi, it did a good job.

I have actually been using my Android phone (direct from 3.5mm jack) for a lot of my daily listening (commuting to work), and have been wondering whether the Fiio would need to be replaced when it finally dies. The phone loses out to the Fiio for sound quality, but generally works a lot better, (UI, processing power, battery power, etc).

However, as soon as the M6 broke, I wanted some kind of replacement. When I got the M6, DAPs, especially entry level models, were starting to fall out of favour with Head-fiers. USB dongles were becoming popular.

Fiio don’t make a replacement for the M6, and it seems DAPs around this price point are more scarce these days. I have considered a Fiio BTR5, and now the BTR7, but somewhat disappointingly, the don’t offer a line out function. I could live with this, though…

I know this subject has been discussed before, but is there anybody on here who actually found themselves in a similar position to me? Did you ditch the DAP? How did that work out for you?

I’m still clinging onto the idea of a DAP, but would something like the BTR5 be a better option?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back