[FiiO M5] Compact and Versatile Hi-Res Music Player
Jul 23, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #230 of 773
Will BTR5 support parametric EQ? And will the app actually be well developed if so? Very sparse information..
Isn't there already an app for the btr3? Why wouldn't they at least share it if not adding some exclusive features.

https://www.fiio.com/btr3
10 bands eq is advertised as one of the features in the home page.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #231 of 773
Isn't there already an app for the btr3? Why wouldn't they at least share it if not adding some exclusive features.

https://www.fiio.com/btr3
10 bands eq is advertised as one of the features in the home page.
..because of silly design choices and rushed / incomplete-on-launch products. One might also ask why Q5/Q5s doesn’t have EQ. BTR3 EQ was also added in firmware a good bit after launch.

Anyway, waiting for “official / English” information on the BTR5. The BTR3 feels too close to ES100 in terms of AK4376A and OP amp setup. I do NOT like the ES100 sound*, so and hoping BTR5 has a more pleasing sound to me. Having a POLISHED EQ available, preferably on launch, is relevant or I don’t even try more $ to switch from Q5.

*ES100 feels ‘thin’ compared to Q5 and even iPhone 6 output or W5 - not sure if it’s the DAC or DSP therein. The sound difference does not seem to be ‘just tuning’ either. I can change it some with other ES100 settings, and still not quite..

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #232 of 773
Will BTR5 support parametric EQ? And will the app actually be well developed if so? Very sparse information..
I'm more interested if it would support usb out. I know we haven't have it in any bt receiver so far, but it would make it perfect, don't you think? The ability to make wireless any dac that we might have... <3

The only one currently doing that is the shanling m0, but as a dac on its own it seems a bit disappointing, and while the m5 seems better, it doesn't support receiving via Bluetooth and outputting in USB

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #233 of 773
..because of silly design choices and rushed / incomplete-on-launch products. One might also ask why Q5/Q5s doesn’t have EQ. BTR3 EQ was also added in firmware a good bit after launch.

Anyway, waiting for “official / English” information on the BTR5. The BTR3 feels too close to ES100 in terms of AK4376A and OP amp setup. I do NOT like the ES100 sound*, so and hoping BTR5 has a more pleasing sound to me. Having a POLISHED EQ available, preferably on launch, is relevant or I don’t even try more $ to switch from Q5.

*ES100 feels ‘thin’ compared to Q5 and even iPhone 6 output or W5 - not sure if it’s the DAC or DSP therein. The sound difference does not seem to be ‘just tuning’ either. I can change it some with other ES100 settings, and still not quite..

Well "official" leak from their representative so far: 2xES9218, 2.5 balanced output with 160mw each channel.
https://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=612819...normal_3_0_10_title&referer=m.baidu.com?pn=0&

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #234 of 773
Jul 24, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #235 of 773

iPhones sound thick compared to most dacs out there.its s midbass and vocal dump in few dbs which make it sound that way, but the problem is with earphones already good at midbass iPhones output sound boxy. The same was there long back in fiios original x3. Same with ak70 , ak jr, chord mojo. This is advantageous for headphones that I own in my case as my beoplay h6 has sucked in midbass, which becomes decent with these devices. The warmth tuning has lot to do with midbass. Opposite side would be odac+o2 and the 'neutral devices' of that sort.

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #236 of 773
I'm more interested if it would support usb out. I know we haven't have it in any bt receiver so far, but it would make it perfect, don't you think? The ability to make wireless any dac that we might have... <3

The only one currently doing that is the shanling m0, but as a dac on its own it seems a bit disappointing, and while the m5 seems better, it doesn't support receiving via Bluetooth and outputting in USB
My take would be a device which accepts memory card and super thin that stacking on a dac wouldn't make it bulky. It must have some buttons on it to control everything vol play skip folder change and so on shaped differently so that i don't have to take it out of the pocket. The xduoo x3 which was ugly was the most ergonomic device I used. After some days with it I could easily operate it without taking it out of my pocket or by pressing over my pocket.

All this with BT receiver with aptx hd would be enough on the go.unfortunTely this is not everyone wants and it doesn't exist. I was really interested in m5 until I read there is no option to make my dac wireless with it.but thts just me. I am sure it would be an outstanding small player for non dac users. Free clip is a good value.

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #238 of 773
Shanling M0 used X1000 to decode the bluetooth signal while our M5 use CSR8675 , and when M5 works as bluetooth receiver the X1000 will not working to save the battery .
So James,

Can you confirm that bluetooth transport (input through bluetooth and USB output to a dac) won't be added in future updates? Is it due hardware limitation?

Can you confirm @FiiO ?

Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back