FiiO M23, AK4191EQ+AK4499EX, THX AAA-78+, Dual Type-C Ports, Dual-Core Fast Charging, 1000mW+1000mW @32Ω
Apr 30, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #213 of 345
Logically it will be lower if any difference at all.

What are you after, lower or higher ?

Seems like absolute worst case is 2 ohms, that an issue ?
All my dongles are under 1ohm oi. But unfortunately I don't know much about it, but I have a 6-armature per side custom earphone the resistance of which I don't know, I'm looking for my first dap for this iem . i hope that the m23 will good for me

May 1, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #216 of 345
All my dongles are under 1ohm oi. But unfortunately I don't know much about it, but I have a 6-armature per side custom earphone the resistance of which I don't know, I'm looking for my first dap for this iem . i hope that the m23 will good for me

The specs for the M23 are very typical for DAPs and I believe it would be as good a choice as any for you.

May 1, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #219 of 345
В некоторых обзорах говорилось, что м23 не хватает мощности баса и тяжести нот в нижних диапазонах.🤨
Кто-нибудь уже владеет этим аппаратом?
Я не почувствовал такого эффекта

May 1, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #220 of 345
Some reviews said that the m23 has not enough bass punch and note weight in the lower regions 🤨
Somebody own this unit here yet ?

People say a lot of things that are not accurate in this hobby. A properly designed modern DAC and amplifier will not change the sound relative to the digital input unless there is some sound processing implemented.

Someone is going to argue the point for sure but the M23 will sound like any other DAP and your existing dongles.

May 1, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #221 of 345
People say a lot of things that are not accurate in this hobby. A properly designed modern DAC and amplifier will not change the sound relative to the digital input unless there is some sound processing implemented.

Someone is going to argue the point for sure but the M23 will sound like any other DAP and your existing dongles.
if you think all daps and dongles sound the same, then choose another hobby

May 1, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #225 of 345
I can take the opinions of those who have heard this device more seriously, but continue and share your imagination with us, no problem

Imagination is a very good choice of words if discussing sound differences between very similar modern audio devices.

I base my opinion on having the M11 Plus LTD and ESS, a Shanling DAP plus a bunch of other gear that all sound as great deal more the same than different and make nowhere near the difference that IEM or headphones make, not even the difference different IEM tips make. I wasted thousands of dollars chasing the differences that people talk about and eventually concluded that the vast majority of it is just that, talk.

If you think you can tell a bunch of different DACs/amps apart please test yourself and set up a proper blind A/B comparison with careful volume matching not have a listen then swap gear and have a listen to something else 10, 20, 30 seconds later probably at a slightly different volume. I suspect you might just be less dogmatic in your assessment of sound differences and assertion that I need a different hobby.

I am pretty certain that when people review gear like this and compare to other gear they don't blind test and probably don't even really accurately volume control which in itself makes a huge difference to perceived sound. They have to have something to talk about and careful testing to actually confirm just how different something is not doesn't make for good reading.

Or just go merrily on and believe the marketing and 'reviews' and hear differences with very casual comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back