FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Feb 9, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #3,976 of 4,083
I know for a fact that a USB-C to RJ45 ethernet adapter works with the Cayin N8II just fine. As for the RS8, Hiby claims it works too although a customer and me tried 2 different adapters and it did not work.

Hiby claims it might be an issue with my device, so I might have to send it in for repair. I don't see a reason why such an adapter should not work with any Android DAP and I don't think specific drivers are necessary to use it.

Why would anyone disable this capability?
Hi,

Exactly my point.
But I have two of those adapters.
They all work flawlessly with my phone and my tablet.
But when hooked up to any DAP I own (Shanling M2x, m3x, m6 and Fiio m11) NONE of those work with any of the adapters.

I have asked a group of Android developers.
And they replied that the feature needs the Ethernet drivers to be installed.

So taht is it : for some obscure reason (I am wondering WHY on earth would anyone do that... What harm can it do tyo sound ?) ALL DAP manufacturers seem to remove it.

Pity if you ask me.
But I guess there is a super simple reason : those manufacturers also offer overpriced streamers.
If that feature would be in the DAP, it could be used as a DAP/Streamer, and that would kill their own products.
Just a wild guess :wink:

Anyways, if Cayin does support that feature, I will have a look at their products :wink:

Thanks for the info.

Fiio : if someone at home is reading this, I think reinject the drivers in a future update would be a sign you're actually caring about your customers.

Regards.

FRED

Feb 9, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #3,977 of 4,083
tried other adapters? i know it sounds like a basic question, but could be. or maybe a lil sooth in the usb c?
I only had 1 USB-C adapter to try, sorry.

Feb 9, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #3,978 of 4,083
Feb 9, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #3,979 of 4,083
Feb 9, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #3,980 of 4,083
Hi,

Exactly my point.
But I have two of those adapters.
They all work flawlessly with my phone and my tablet.
But when hooked up to any DAP I own (Shanling M2x, m3x, m6 and Fiio m11) NONE of those work with any of the adapters.

I have asked a group of Android developers.
And they replied that the feature needs the Ethernet drivers to be installed.

So taht is it : for some obscure reason (I am wondering WHY on earth would anyone do that... What harm can it do tyo sound ?) ALL DAP manufacturers seem to remove it.

Pity if you ask me.
But I guess there is a super simple reason : those manufacturers also offer overpriced streamers.
If that feature would be in the DAP, it could be used as a DAP/Streamer, and that would kill their own products.
Just a wild guess :wink:

Anyways, if Cayin does support that feature, I will have a look at their products :wink:

Thanks for the info.

Fiio : if someone at home is reading this, I think reinject the drivers in a future update would be a sign you're actually caring about your customers.

Regards.

FRED
Hiby just send me a video of it working on RS8. Makes sense as Hiby is developing the software for Cayin too.

Feb 9, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #3,981 of 4,083
Hiby just send me a video of it working on RS8. Makes sense as Hiby is developing the software for Cayin too.
that DAP seems really sweet and the software team seems very competent!

Feb 10, 2023 at 1:52 AM Post #3,983 of 4,083
tried other adapters? i know it sounds like a basic question, but could be. or maybe a lil sooth in the usb c?
We tried 2 different adapters that worked with N8II. No sooth as the device is new. Hiby says it could be an issue with the specific device. They sent me a video showing adapters to work with RS8.

Feb 13, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #3,984 of 4,083
No, third party remote made for use while skiing.
Tried the same remote on my phone with no issue. It's the m15 that has issues and when i turn off the bluetooth of the remote it keeps seeing it on and even if i keep using it after 5 to 10 minutes the m15 fails to receive the input of the remote. tried the remote on other devices and they didnt have issues even after a long use.
Dear friend,

Sorry since we do not have your remote control so it may be hard for us to locate the issue. I am afraid that it may be a compatiblity problem.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 17, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #3,985 of 4,083
Hello everyone.
I'm going to tell you a story of how wonderfully this player has been supported by FiiO and how they handled the warranty.
So i bougt it in Q1 2021. Not even 3 months passed, and the screen started showing a slight tint around the edges. And then more. And more. It grew in a thick line all around the screen, that darkened the screen.
So i asked Fiio "what can i do?".
And thus started the headache:
First they said it was "maybe humidity". They said to keep it in a dry environment. Did buy a literal pack of silica gel and put it inside. Nothing happened after a week of keeping it there. Then i started looking online and it seemed it was a VERY Common issue with the screen. So i wrote them again, confronted them about it, and guess what?
"Sorry we don't have any more spare parts".
It was released in 2020, and after a SINGLE YEAR they alreay were out of one of the main components. And the best thing: they offered me a 5% off in their aliexpress store to buy an M17. And if you ever saw the prices on aliexpress, at least here, it's way over 20% markup.
So a device that is 1399$ was made, with a screen that was notoriously bad and couldn't even be fixed by them.
Now you might think "is that all?"
YOU WISH!
So when i bought it i didn't pay mind to it, but from the get go, i didn't notice it charging when turned off. Thought it just didn't have any on-screen notice and just ignored it. But, as you can see in the thread, i found out this WAS NOT a normal thing! It once hit 0% and that was it. No longer possible to charge, not possible to use, dead weight.
Thanks to my stubborness, i managed to "force reboot" it enough times (when the battery is exhausted, there is an animation that asks to charge it. If you keep force rebooting it, while connected to the charger, in my case it ended up booting up with 0% battery and THEN started charging) that it turned on for a split second and the charge managed to start.
So this time i contacted the seller, a very nice shop that immediately told me to ship it to them for repairs. And so i did, sent it to them and they sent it to fiio. About a month after that, it came back.
And guess what? Fiio didn't fix it! they literally told the shop "oh yeah we fixed it" and when i tried charging it while turned off, it stil had the same issue! So, 3 months after the initial shipping, i had the same issues and also paid for the shipping.
So i contacted the shop and told them about it, they didn't even think it could be possible they trusted fiio had fixed it. I can understand, so i sent them videos and they immediately asked to ship it back again.
This time, after 3 more months i got it back and now, finally the battery charges even when turned off with an animation showing it's charging.
It took them, all in all, 6 months to fix the issue.
Of course the screen is still bad and now a LOT of stuck red/green pixels are on the display, so it's basically a dead player walking.
My experience was beyond bad, and all this after i had put a lot of trust in fiio by buying a K9pro, a Q5s TC, BTR5, gifing another one to my gf and to my father, so i could say i had high hopes and trust in them, but now that i saw how they handled my case and how they handled repairs, i will no longer be interested in any of their offerings.
They had many ways to show sincere support or at least take responsability for their shortcomings, but the only one that was actually willing to support me in the warranty was the shop i bought it from, that has been very supportive and didn't leave me alone hanging.

Apr 17, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #3,986 of 4,083
Hello everyone.
I'm going to tell you a story of how wonderfully this player has been supported by FiiO and how they handled the warranty.
So i bougt it in Q1 2021. Not even 3 months passed, and the screen started showing a slight tint around the edges. And then more. And more. It grew in a thick line all around the screen, that darkened the screen.
So i asked Fiio "what can i do?".
And thus started the headache:
First they said it was "maybe humidity". They said to keep it in a dry environment. Did buy a literal pack of silica gel and put it inside. Nothing happened after a week of keeping it there. Then i started looking online and it seemed it was a VERY Common issue with the screen. So i wrote them again, confronted them about it, and guess what?
"Sorry we don't have any more spare parts".
It was released in 2020, and after a SINGLE YEAR they alreay were out of one of the main components. And the best thing: they offered me a 5% off in their aliexpress store to buy an M17. And if you ever saw the prices on aliexpress, at least here, it's way over 20% markup.
So a device that is 1399$ was made, with a screen that was notoriously bad and couldn't even be fixed by them.
Now you might think "is that all?"
YOU WISH!
So when i bought it i didn't pay mind to it, but from the get go, i didn't notice it charging when turned off. Thought it just didn't have any on-screen notice and just ignored it. But, as you can see in the thread, i found out this WAS NOT a normal thing! It once hit 0% and that was it. No longer possible to charge, not possible to use, dead weight.
Thanks to my stubborness, i managed to "force reboot" it enough times (when the battery is exhausted, there is an animation that asks to charge it. If you keep force rebooting it, while connected to the charger, in my case it ended up booting up with 0% battery and THEN started charging) that it turned on for a split second and the charge managed to start.
So this time i contacted the seller, a very nice shop that immediately told me to ship it to them for repairs. And so i did, sent it to them and they sent it to fiio. About a month after that, it came back.
And guess what? Fiio didn't fix it! they literally told the shop "oh yeah we fixed it" and when i tried charging it while turned off, it stil had the same issue! So, 3 months after the initial shipping, i had the same issues and also paid for the shipping.
So i contacted the shop and told them about it, they didn't even think it could be possible they trusted fiio had fixed it. I can understand, so i sent them videos and they immediately asked to ship it back again.
This time, after 3 more months i got it back and now, finally the battery charges even when turned off with an animation showing it's charging.
It took them, all in all, 6 months to fix the issue.
Of course the screen is still bad and now a LOT of stuck red/green pixels are on the display, so it's basically a dead player walking.
My experience was beyond bad, and all this after i had put a lot of trust in fiio by buying a K9pro, a Q5s TC, BTR5, gifing another one to my gf and to my father, so i could say i had high hopes and trust in them, but now that i saw how they handled my case and how they handled repairs, i will no longer be interested in any of their offerings.
They had many ways to show sincere support or at least take responsability for their shortcomings, but the only one that was actually willing to support me in the warranty was the shop i bought it from, that has been very supportive and didn't leave me alone hanging.
Hi,

Sorry to hear your story... And even more sorry to be forced to state that this is a common story unfortunately.

That explains why some manufacturers can keep "low" prices (even if M15 was not that low priced).

That also used to explain why sellers on Ali or could offer better prices : they litterally offered no warranty and did not have to pay VAT.

Now they have to pay VAY (at least when sending to Europe) and it is almost impossible to find a deal on Ali that meets European prices.

I for sure would never buy anything else athan a 30 dollars cable on Ali...

And to get a good service, it is always best to post in a Forum where many people take part and read and where manufacturer shows up. That often helps :wink:

Reagrds.

Apr 17, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #3,987 of 4,083
Thank you, it seems fiio didn't care much. i didn't buy it on aliexpress, i bought on another site and they kept their end of the warranty. the ones who are absolutely to blame is fiio's practice of offering NO refund (5% off on next purchase? it's offensive to call it a refund) for their own fault.
And there's devices who cost less and have a good support for aftermarket. my fault for buying the m15.

Apr 17, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #3,988 of 4,083
I think that now FiiO could change your screen since they have a new M15 on their price list, adapting the new screen to the old one I don't think is that difficult... then if there isn't the will it's another story... try to contact them again.

Apr 17, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #3,989 of 4,083
I think that now FiiO could change your screen since they have a new M15 on their price list, adapting the new screen to the old one I don't think is that difficult... then if there isn't the will it's another story... try to contact them again.
This story ended literally a week ago. I contacted them through the RMA when i sent it back, and THEY were told by fiio that there were no lcd to change.
So either fiio lies to distributors, the screen isn't compatible, or they give zero attention to customers.
I even proposed that fiio should exchange the whole unit, since the new M15s is priced as inferior (1000 vs 1399). They told me fiio didn't even consider that.
So yeah, A LOT of ways to show good will, and fiio refused to even show a slight interest in customer support.
Lesson learned the hard way for me.

Apr 17, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #3,990 of 4,083
I'm sorry but I didn't understand one thing... did you contact FiiO directly or did the distributor do it? I wish you had ended up in a dispute between FiiO and the distributor in question. If so, contact FiiO directly and cut the distributor out... in the end the customer is mainly a customer of the brand and not of the distributor, the only reason it could be the customer's fault is if he bought dubious material provenance but if you have proof of purchase they can't appeal anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back