Votes: 3 75.0%
  • HiBy R6 Pro

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Astell And Kern A&norma SR-15

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 9, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #17 of 22
Hi, does the HiBy have a warming sound? And it’s possible to play tidal and Spotify on it?

The HiBy R6 Pro does have a fairly warm sound. I play Tidal on it. It can unfold MQA tracks and streams them at rate. I guess I would temper my expectations though. I'm certainly not bowled over by the sound. I mean, it's way better than playing from your phone, but not as good as I would expect for $500-$700. I'm guessing to get way better you have to go over $1000. 4.4 mm balanced output is nice to have.

Someone mentioned buying them on Amazon for free returns. I would just note that usually prices are much higher on Amazon for this reason. My advice would be to start picking up a few of these devices used, then sell them back at cost if you don't like them.

Jun 9, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #18 of 22
The HiBy R6 Pro does have a fairly warm sound. I play Tidal on it. It can unfold MQA tracks and streams them at rate. I guess I would temper my expectations though. I'm certainly not bowled over by the sound. I mean, it's way better than playing from your phone, but not as good as I would expect for $500-$700. I'm guessing to get way better you have to go over $1000. 4.4 mm balanced output is nice to have.

Someone mentioned buying them on Amazon for free returns. I would just note that usually prices are much higher on Amazon for this reason. My advice would be to start picking up a few of these devices used, then sell them back at cost if you don't like them.
Yes the R6 Pro does not sound as good as my Questyle QP1R but is more powerful and also has the ability to stream and many other things . I think in the price range not bad at all.

Jun 11, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #20 of 22
I spent some time with both the r6 pro and the m11. I was expecting quite a lot from the m11 and while it is fairly technically competent, there was a noticible amount of treble glare that was a real turn off for me. Much preferred the warmer presentation of the r6 pro, better overall timbre without sacrificing any technicalities. The giant screen on the m11 is really nice though.

Jun 11, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #21 of 22
I'm in a similar position and have been searching to replace my Hiby R3 for some time now. I've auditioned all the DAPs you've mentioned and eventually decided on none of the above. Instead I will save a bit more money and get the Lotoo PAW 6000. In terms of sound, speed and stability, it simply can't be beat, unless you are fully into streaming. I don't stream at all and have all my music offline, so I can see one of the options above as viable if you need streaming.

I think above all is that I'm really not impressed with Android-based DAPs. Don't get me wrong, I have an Android phone and love it. However for the luxury of listening to audiophile music, I want something dedicated and not have to worry about all the overhead that Android-based DAPs have, not to mention the eventual software support issues that will come as the device ages. The Lotoo provided this for me in spades. It's the same reason I wear a mechanical watch and not an Android Wear one. I want a luxury device to do one thing extremely well, not many things poorly.

Aug 16, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #22 of 22
i had the pleasure to briefly own all of them and only kept the R6 pro, which already says about my preference. I care about sound quality first and then flexibility. In sound the R6 pro wins easily, with M11 second and last the SR15. Power also goes to the R6 Pro by far but the M11 would be fine too for my needs. Note that my R6 pro drives easily my CLEAR in single ended low gain, although balanced is better. Even more striking, drives my Sundara quite well, but not as well as expected as my Violectric V200. Flexibility is almost identical for M11 and R6 Pro as they run Android plain version which allows me to install usbaudiopplayerpro. M11 has a slight advantage here in light of the 2nd MicroSD card slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back