[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Apr 7, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #1,893 of 2,991
Can you take a picture from the bottom with a USB cable and 4.4mm jack plugged in from the bottom?
The fan is noisy? (probably for the M11 Plus Ltd we won't need a fan unless on really hot days)
Thank you.

Here is the bottom (I flipped it over)....tons of space for everything. You are right it is not really needed, but the price was good and it is well built. The M11 sits on a perfect angle as well. It is quiet on the first speed setting, but you do notice it somewhat on the 2nd. Regardless, you won't hear it with headphones unless you have open back and are right beside it on the 2nd speed. And even then only between songs slightly. I'm glad I got it...very glad!

dx32.jpg

Apr 8, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #1,898 of 2,991
If I select the 'All to DSD' function and use the USB out to a DAC / Amp does this function still work? Or does it only work via the PO/LO functions?

Thanks
No, All to DSD function is available in PO、LO、SPDIF output, but not usb output.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 8, 2022 at 3:59 AM Post #1,899 of 2,991
Hi! Thank you for your recommendations! You say everything correctly, and I initially have a similar opinion. But about once a week I watch new releases on one of the streaming services, listen to samples, get additional information about the artists who interest me through the browser, enable downloading albums that are interesting to me from the store. And it all works at the same time. That is, the program of the streaming service is enabled, audio playback, Internet surfing, and of course, the Wi-Fi is working at full capacity. Yes, the load on the player is very high, But if our time gives me the opportunity to listen to audio in high quality online immediately after the album release, or download and listen from the player when there is no Wi-Fi, I perceive it all as natural, and use it.
Yes, and FiiO promptly provided the firmware for me with the correction of this bug.
I am fully impressed that you do this much on the Player. I find it ‘heavy’ and arguably a small screen (vs Note+ and GalaxyFold etc).
I was not sure as to what the ‘customised firmware’ was that was doing the rounds to combat the issue, but figured ‘I wouldn’t want it to be placed in a full firmware update’ but rather given on a firmware page much like some manufacturers give, with a list of ‘firmwares to choose from’. This was based purely on fact that I figured the modified firmware was a ‘limit or boost’ to the CPU at some level… (which may impact battery usage? ~just as likely in a positive way as negative, not really ‘an issue’)
I worked a tech support job at one point in my life, where the trainer (for the floor staff), said that if anything can be ‘switched off’, then ‘turn those settings off’.
At the time I was just screaming, in my head at least, ‘is this guy mad?’; he knew little about the technology for which we were being trained and his ‘general rule’ I could think of a tonne of tickboxes that were for various forms of ‘hardware acceleration’.
As life has gone on, it is amazing the amount of times I think of the wise words from ‘Mo, that the more things I ‘turn off’ the better/more reliable the product becomes.
Many menus in ‘modern Operating systems’ (although, true decades ago as well), need an understanding of the underlying product/hardware to understand if the ticked or unticked state is ‘doing less work’; but LESS does often EQUAL more reliable, or ‘better quality’ in the audio world…

In the battery settings on a few android variants are further options to limit ‘enhanced processing’ (or make that a button on the ‘quick screen’); I believe I couldn’t find this option on the ‘android 10’ variant on our M11+’s; I went looking, assuming there would be a few ‘advanced settings’ to tinker with, taking careful note of the steps to get to the screen etc, only to find ‘nothing to see here’.

Qutoting @Amber Rain (not sure how I moved the text from the quote field)
If I select the 'All to DSD' function and use the USB out to a DAC / Amp does this function still work? Or does it only work via the PO/LO functions?
I find that the ‘pure music mode’ and ‘android mode’ made each available, but ‘not the other’…
This was on the last firmware, and I haven’t moved much past battery tests yet on the new one… (literally clearing two and a half days of COAX output!!)

Last firmware I found it quite frustrating, but the inbuilt ‘Pure Music’ player only did All to DSD output via Coax, and then I would use ‘android mode’ to lift Converted DSD output via USB. (to be fair this was using a third party app, I believe)

My DAC of choice for those tests has been on ‘long term loan’ to a friend, so haven’t tested MUCH yet regarding the new firmware, although I feel that I haven’t yet had success.. (I haven’t run through a litany of ‘offboard DACs’ to really gain much understanding, nor played with relevant menu options (some of which are buried deeper than others)

Definitely my ‘sound issues’ are a thing of the past; so now having established ‘hardware is solid’, will install Apple music from an APK download (and use for a week or so) before I enter my google credentials and connect to the official (android) ‘Play Store’… I am going to find out which software bastardised (previously) my beaut music experience. (knowing is ‘half the battle’)

Apr 8, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #1,901 of 2,991
Hi everyone,

I may have a silly question, but I tried to google I cannot find the answer.

I have Ak300, and I am thinking of purchasing M11 Plus LTD. Do you think it is worth the upgrade (in case it is an upgrade)? I will use it with my UE CIEM.

Thanks in advance. I am looking forward to your kind answers.

Apr 8, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #1,903 of 2,991
Hi everyone,

I have Ak300, and I am thinking of purchasing M11 Plus LTD. Do you think it is worth the upgrade (in case it is an upgrade)? I will use it with my UE CIEM.

I use it with my UE 11's and UE 18+'s (both have balanced cables) and the sound is truly amazing...

Apr 8, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #1,904 of 2,991
Hi everyone,

There is several aspects to the ‘comparison’ that needs be factored.

Firstly - the general rule of thumb regarding the pricepoints of the respective parts; both are arguably ‘price breakthroughs’ and I suppose my parallel is moving from a ‘higher price tier’ Questyle QP1R to the FiiO M11+..
The Questyle was inarguably priced ‘too cheap’ (hence why successive replacements jumped in price considerably.. (for little ‘improvements’)); it had a technology in the amplification aspect, Current Mode’ amplification and featured no wireless… it was ’house tuned’ for audio. A definite ‘pure audio box’ (much like A&K typically produce)..
The Questyle is a fantastic transport, and I’d argue a better headphone amp.. (in some ways it beats out an M11+); the A&K units have been doing ‘high end’ audio for a long while now, and certainly have ‘it’ figured.

The age gap between their releases, should, if audio IS evolving (and value for money going up) balance the players ‘tiers’ somewhat (the older models, ‘yours and mine’ being from a higher price tier, yes?);

Going from a single AKM4490 to two AKM4497 is a large jump, but naturally circuit implementation is significant.
Chip enthusiasts- say ‘home DIYers’(Do It Yourselfers), state the jump from the 4490 to the 4493, was something, and the jump from the 4493 to the 4497 was ‘something more’ (and from what I have read, those same people say that the 4499 was akin to the 4497, but just with more volume output; which makes me then question the amount of ‘data’ suggesting that the 4499 is ‘better’ than the ‘4497’, being that -in the field of audio- louder is often perceived as ‘better’, and for anyone NOT PLAYING WITH OUTBOARD AMPLIFICATION, the increased power capabilities of a AKM4499 circuit would mean it is certainly capable of cleaner, ‘more nuanced’ delivery.. (as the 4497/4499 isn’t the discussion- let’s put a pin in this discussion perhaps).

The single femtosecond clock in the A&K, with measurements given at a sales sheet level, MIGHT outperform a femtosecond clock of unspecified performance (yes, I know the word “femtosecond” qualifies it somewhat_), but the dual femtosecond clocks in the FiiO unit & the evolution in board design, I would believe (easily) makes it the superior part to the A&K unit.

Regarding amplification then; I’d not have anything to say on this topic- the A&K are ‘evolved’ parts, and just like FiiO dropped ‘years of refinement’ in their amplification circuit to ‘go with THX modules’, this one could be a tie, or ‘go either way’.

From a front end and usability weighing, the FiiO would likely nail the A&K to the wall..
Of course we learn a given front end, and I can only guess there will be things you love about the new FiiO unit, such as dedicating the side button as ‘making a track a favorite’ (without having to turn the screen on), and there might be things about the music playback software in the A&K you miss. (Don’t be afraid to ask FiiO techs for features that really hold back the FiiO units having an ‘easy win’; the FiiO team listens and is dedicated to evolution, and we see it constantly..)

I would surmise that ‘build quality‘ etc not being considered (including weight etc), the FiiO would be a worthwhile upgrade and not just a sidegrade.
This isn’t always a ‘given’ when dropping a ‘tier’ in the audio world… (I have twenty year old DACs that ‘hold their own’ pretty well due to being quality (once upon a time))..

I’d feel confident to recommend the player (M11+) as an upgrade, but acknowledge that we haven’t spoken at all about what you wish to drive from it or ‘useage scenario’ etc..
A person in a dedicated ‘head-fi’ shop might identify aspects of the ‘change up’ that might make ‘worlds of difference’ ‘in the real world’ as you would experience in actually using the parts…

As a ‘jack of all trades part’ that I bought the M11+ to be, it is one of the best audio purchases I have ever made. And unlike many of the second hand bargains I have netted in thirty plus years of trade, ‘that is really saying somthing’ given I paid retail to ‘buy it new’. Happily I might add. (“Here take my money I am begging you!” was more the line of interaction; the manager of the store ringing me to confirm ‘OK’, and making me a very happy camper)

I’d say “safe bet”. (and I am an A&K enthusiast, especially regarding their clock modules and exceptionally low jitter rates)(the present FiiO M range really are ‘things of beauty’!)

Apr 9, 2022 at 2:30 AM Post #1,905 of 2,991
There is several aspects to the ‘comparison’ that needs be factored.

Firstly - the general rule of thumb regarding the pricepoints of the respective parts; both are arguably ‘price breakthroughs’ and I suppose my parallel is moving from a ‘higher price tier’ Questyle QP1R to the FiiO M11+..
The Questyle was inarguably priced ‘too cheap’ (hence why successive replacements jumped in price considerably.. (for little ‘improvements’)); it had a technology in the amplification aspect, Current Mode’ amplification and featured no wireless… it was ’house tuned’ for audio. A definite ‘pure audio box’ (much like A&K typically produce)..
The Questyle is a fantastic transport, and I’d argue a better headphone amp.. (in some ways it beats out an M11+); the A&K units have been doing ‘high end’ audio for a long while now, and certainly have ‘it’ figured.

The age gap between their releases, should, if audio IS evolving (and value for money going up) balance the players ‘tiers’ somewhat (the older models, ‘yours and mine’ being from a higher price tier, yes?);

Going from a single AKM4490 to two AKM4497 is a large jump, but naturally circuit implementation is significant.
Chip enthusiasts- say ‘home DIYers’(Do It Yourselfers), state the jump from the 4490 to the 4493, was something, and the jump from the 4493 to the 4497 was ‘something more’ (and from what I have read, those same people say that the 4499 was akin to the 4497, but just with more volume output; which makes me then question the amount of ‘data’ suggesting that the 4499 is ‘better’ than the ‘4497’, being that -in the field of audio- louder is often perceived as ‘better’, and for anyone NOT PLAYING WITH OUTBOARD AMPLIFICATION, the increased power capabilities of a AKM4499 circuit would mean it is certainly capable of cleaner, ‘more nuanced’ delivery.. (as the 4497/4499 isn’t the discussion- let’s put a pin in this discussion perhaps).

The single femtosecond clock in the A&K, with measurements given at a sales sheet level, MIGHT outperform a femtosecond clock of unspecified performance (yes, I know the word “femtosecond” qualifies it somewhat_), but the dual femtosecond clocks in the FiiO unit & the evolution in board design, I would believe (easily) makes it the superior part to the A&K unit.

Regarding amplification then; I’d not have anything to say on this topic- the A&K are ‘evolved’ parts, and just like FiiO dropped ‘years of refinement’ in their amplification circuit to ‘go with THX modules’, this one could be a tie, or ‘go either way’.

From a front end and usability weighing, the FiiO would likely nail the A&K to the wall..
Of course we learn a given front end, and I can only guess there will be things you love about the new FiiO unit, such as dedicating the side button as ‘making a track a favorite’ (without having to turn the screen on), and there might be things about the music playback software in the A&K you miss. (Don’t be afraid to ask FiiO techs for features that really hold back the FiiO units having an ‘easy win’; the FiiO team listens and is dedicated to evolution, and we see it constantly..)

I would surmise that ‘build quality‘ etc not being considered (including weight etc), the FiiO would be a worthwhile upgrade and not just a sidegrade.
This isn’t always a ‘given’ when dropping a ‘tier’ in the audio world… (I have twenty year old DACs that ‘hold their own’ pretty well due to being quality (once upon a time))..

I’d feel confident to recommend the player (M11+) as an upgrade, but acknowledge that we haven’t spoken at all about what you wish to drive from it or ‘useage scenario’ etc..
A person in a dedicated ‘head-fi’ shop might identify aspects of the ‘change up’ that might make ‘worlds of difference’ ‘in the real world’ as you would experience in actually using the parts…

As a ‘jack of all trades part’ that I bought the M11+ to be, it is one of the best audio purchases I have ever made. And unlike many of the second hand bargains I have netted in thirty plus years of trade, ‘that is really saying somthing’ given I paid retail to ‘buy it new’. Happily I might add. (“Here take my money I am begging you!” was more the line of interaction; the manager of the store ringing me to confirm ‘OK’, and making me a very happy camper)

I’d say “safe bet”. (and I am an A&K enthusiast, especially regarding their clock modules and exceptionally low jitter rates)(the present FiiO M range really are ‘things of beauty’!)

Thank you very much whitedragem for your kindness and detailed, informative reply. You are really appreciated.

I mainly would use the DAP to play DXD 352.8KHz 24/32 bit, DSD ( 64, 128, and 256). also, I would use it to play music using TIDAL. As you know, AK300 can't play *.iso files, and its upper limit is 192k-24bit for PCM and DSD 128 (not native). I have DXD 352.8KHz 24/32 bit and DSD 256 because I play them on a desktop setup, and yes, it makes a difference at that setup. To use the AK300, I convert the files using Jriver.

I use the DAP on the go while I am at work, outside, at the mall during my wife's shopping and travel.

I use the DAP mainly with CIEMs UE 6 Pro and UE 18+ Pro. While I am away from my desktop setup at home, I will use it with Sennheiser HD700, Stax L300, and Focal Elear. (HD800\LCD3 are for desktop setup)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back