[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Feb 17, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #1,683 of 2,998
Thank you! Sounds clean. I'm using Sony M9 but on low gain I need to set the volume to 100. Do you guys recommend using low gain with high volume or it's better if I go mid gain with mid volume? (Haven't really tested mid gain. I remember before I accidentally set my previous DAP to high gain and it hurt my ear)

Feb 17, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #1,684 of 2,998
Windows 11 Tidal app > settings > speaker > more settings > Use Exclusive + Forced Volume
Windows 11 Control Panel > Speakers > Disable All Enhancements. Advanced Tab > Test Speakers (no sounds)

Tidal works fine.
i hooked up m11 ltd and could only get audio out of the headphone jack only not speakers?

Feb 17, 2022 at 6:35 AM Post #1,685 of 2,998
I got my M11 plus ess today and I tried to change some settings. Now, I'll be using an IEM, which should be the 3.5mm and 4.4mm output? PO or LO (I'm scared that it'll break my IEM or it will hurt my ear due to insane volume. I forgot which one was the default one).
Phone Out and Line Out…. You don’t want line!

Feb 17, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #1,686 of 2,998
When listening to music on my unit I use the Fiio music app, As I'm listening my unit screen with lock after some time, guess I could disable this, but when I enter my pattern to unlock, the Fiio music app closes and reboots. Is this normal?

Feb 17, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #1,687 of 2,998
Thank you! Sounds clean. I'm using Sony M9 but on low gain I need to set the volume to 100. Do you guys recommend using low gain with high volume or it's better if I go mid gain with mid volume? (Haven't really tested mid gain. I remember before I accidentally set my previous DAP to high gain and it hurt my ear)
You want to set the Volume to something between 60 and 80% of max (70-100 on the m11+ Volumebar), as the gain sets a fix amount of amplification on the signal, so a lower volume on the scale with an high amplification is prone to a high noisefloor and lost details. As a rule of thumb I always try to use the least amount of gain for a comfortable listening volume. The Gain works not exactly like the impedance-setting on your speaker amp.

Feb 17, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #1,689 of 2,998
I got my M11 plus ess today and I tried to change some settings. Now, I'll be using an IEM, which should be the 3.5mm and 4.4mm output? PO or LO (I'm scared that it'll break my IEM or it will hurt my ear due to insane volume. I forgot which one was the default one).
PO = headPhone out, I guess the didn't use "H" since that's usually associated with High output which is a separate setting to increase gain.
LO = line out (yes, it equivalent to 100% volume)

Feb 17, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #1,690 of 2,998
i hooked up m11 ltd and could only get audio out of the headphone jack only not speakers?
Sound path --- Laptop-via USB cable to M11 (in DAC-mode) -------- one of the headphone outputs.
As my colleagues write above, if you set the M11 "PO" - Phone Output - you have the sound on the headphone outputs dedicated to the headphones.
"LO" Line Output set in M11 you have a high signal on the headphone output but - dedicated to an additional amplifier or receiver ..... with loudspeakers.
Anyway, when you connect to the M11 laptop in DAC-Mode and set the Sound Output to FIIO M in the taskbar in Windows - the speakers will not play in the laptop.
Anytime without announcing the M11 from the laptop, you can change it to the Laptop speakers and connect the headphones to the laptop.
Compare both options, hear the difference, for example in Tidal, Spotify? :gs1000smile:

Feb 18, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #1,693 of 2,998
Hi to All
got my Fiio M11 PLUS ESS
just love it
perfect

Feb 18, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #1,695 of 2,998
Hi to All
got my Fiio M11 PLUS ESS
just love it
perfect
When you are ready your impressions and pairings will be of interest to this forum. Thanks so much and enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back