[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Aug 26, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #916 of 2,987
I have to echo what vkpilla said, much better than anything I’ve used before. I got it from audio 46 yesterday and set it all up, had a bit of a smoke and laid in bed and just melted into the music. It really sounds great. It is a bit slow with Apple Music, but from what I hear it’s faster than other daps before it so I guess I can’t complain too much lol. Running my equinox ciem out of the balanced 4.4mm output, fantastic!
Depending on your Apple Music library and browsing history, it can take an hour or more to sync up in the background for a new device and will be really slow during that time. After that, it's pretty fast but not as fast as my iPhone 12 Pro, but that's to be expected.

@FiiO when I enable rotate screen, everything rotates except the Home Screen. As soon as I start an app or enter settings from Home Screen, it does rotate. However as soon as I go back to the Home Screen, it rotates back to normal. Is that the intended function? On M15, the rotate option works on every screen and app.

Aug 26, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #917 of 2,987
Anyone else notice that the back glass scratches extremely easily? I've only had it for a day and already have noticeable scratches on the back glass from not using the leather case.

Aug 26, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #919 of 2,987
@FiiO or others,

I was hoping to see a battery care option in settings that allows me to select when I want charging to stop. I want to set maximum to 80% so I don't shorten battery health. Sony has this feature in their DAPs and most newer Android phones have it as well. In my use cases, I will have the M11+ plugged into power most of the time and want to also try DAC mode to potentially replace one of my desktop DACs.

Am I not looking in the right place for this feature or does it not support it?

Aug 26, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #922 of 2,987
Does anyone know when tap-to-wake will be added? Would be a huge help due to the weight of the player and the somewhat awkward location of the power button!
I have the volume slider set to this & use a double tap on the volume slider to wake the unit up.
20210826_211541.jpg

Aug 26, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #924 of 2,987
A questionnaire about the FiiO M11 Plus LTD

Distinguished FiiO users,
First, we would like to express our gratitude to you for choosing the FiiO M11 Plus LTD. In order to better know the usage scenarios and further improve our products, we are making a questionnaire about the M11 Plus LTD and would like to invite you to participate in it. Thank you so much for your time and support.

Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScYhi2_PL6eVZf3EWhr__eD86Q5k-YXM5cHcBqzCe-U0DFhPQ/viewform

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 27, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #925 of 2,987
My player sometimes (about once a day or less) suddenly start "stuttering" during playback, then falls silent and I have to reactivate it. Or maybe I could just wait, but I usually touch something or shake it to resume playback.
Is this a known issue and can it be fixed?

Aug 27, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #926 of 2,987
My player sometimes (about once a day or less) suddenly start "stuttering" during playback, then falls silent and I have to reactivate it. Or maybe I could just wait, but I usually touch something or shake it to resume playback.
Try turning off cross play

Aug 27, 2021 at 3:18 AM Post #927 of 2,987
Try turning off cross play
Is this some Apple setting? I don't see it in the settings for Pure Music, which is what I use. Unless you mean the random play function, but that's my default setting for most playlists I use.

Aug 27, 2021 at 4:05 AM Post #928 of 2,987
Do you use all to DSD function? If yes then it may be the reason

Aug 27, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #929 of 2,987
Aug 27, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #930 of 2,987
So after some more extensive listening to the M11 plus, I share the same thoughts as some others have shared here: it really sounds better than the M11 pro. I’ve been listening to it using Radiance, FH7, D2K and some others in between. I’ll share some initial thoughts:

- It should have same power output, but it seems to drive my PRO900’s better than the pro did.
- it makes my D2K sing like there’s no tomorrow! The pro would make them sound a bit light and boring. With the plus, there’s much more meat on the bones of the sound and the holographic nature of the D2K shines through much better.
- The FH7 could be a bit bright on the pro, and they react similar as above; much meatier presentation and the higher registers are very detailled still, but much better in balance with the rest of the spectrum.
- With the Radiance the low-end impact is much tighter, more ‘slam’ and just more enjoyable. It does seem a tad more, but more controlled than with the pro at the same time.

These are still first impressions, and I haven’t got the pro here to compare directly, but I tried my best to describe my feelings as accurately as I can. My main takeaway is that the plus makes me enjoy all my cans and iem’s more than the pro was able to. The pro was great technically, but the plus adds the ‘excitement’ back on top of that!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back