[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Aug 23, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #886 of 2,988
Hello I am undecided between M11 Plus and Shanling M6 21. The price difference is almost $220. I use Fiio FH7 and Audeze LCD-2. Been happy with my Fiio and BTR5 combo but want a dedicated DAP. My lean is towards Fiio as their products have been stellar so far (FH7, BTR-5, LC-2.5D, LC-RE). However I read the reviews and some reviewers put it on par with M6 21. So wanted to get any expert opinions on which way should I sway. I will be using Apple Music on the DAP. M6 21 on Aliexpress with the sale is coming out to $526 shipped to states from the Shanling official store.

Also FH7 brand new is on special sale by Fiio on their Ali official store for $299 till 8/27. Its a steal at that price and almost makes me want to get a backup pair but I am not going to give into the temptation.
I am comparing daps in this price range also at the moment, and with these two, i currently lean towards Fiio. Because the Fiio has a newer android (7 vs. 10), newer snapdragon cpu, better battery. Which translates to better future-proofing. Of course the Shanling seems decent also, and has about the same driving power. It's a hard decision because M6 21 is 469 usd at the moment.

Aug 23, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #887 of 2,988
Hello I am undecided between M11 Plus and Shanling M6 21….
I don’t own a Shanling DAP (yet :wink: ) so can’t help with impressions. I agree with @Thomaswa and went with the M11+LTD for the newish SOC and Android 10 to get some future-proofing.
I will be using Apple Music on the DAP.
Apple Music on the M11+LTD works and sounds great; and, bypasses Android SRC. The latest Google Play Store version of AM supports Lossless and High-Res (from what I understand, ATMOS doesn’t work on Android devices that don’t have Dolby License deals, and I can confirm ATMOS does not work on the M11+ but I prefer the Lossless version anyway, so no loss).

Cheers

Aug 23, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #888 of 2,988
I don’t own a Shanling DAP (yet :wink: ) so can’t help with impressions. I agree with @Thomaswa and went with the M11+LTD for the newish SOC and Android 10 to get some future-proofing.

Apple Music on the M11+LTD works and sounds great; and, bypasses Android SRC. The latest Google Play Store version of AM supports Lossless and High-Res (from what I understand, ATMOS doesn’t work on Android devices that don’t have Dolby License deals, and I can confirm ATMOS does not work on the M11+ but I prefer the Lossless version anyway, so no loss).

Cheers
Thank you @Gus141 and @Thomaswa. I am going with M11 Plus. Waiting for it to be delivered by Audio46 on 8/25. I never liked Dolby atoms in IEM listening anyways.

Aug 23, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #890 of 2,988
Agreed - If you think about the issues facing supply chain logistics these days the time to ship from point A to B can vary greatly (like weeks or longer). 2 shipments the same day to 2 different warehouse delivery points will not ship in the same amount of time. I have ordered stuff over the last 6 months and when tracking, it is has been stuck in one warehouse or the other waiting for transfer, customs, etc. The reality is it isn't a "normal" world these days where everything just works so we just need to roll with it.
Dude I work in shipping and shipping is not delayed, Fiio hoarded or otherwise was smart enough to buy the chips that they need,there is no supply chain issue for them,if they were just selling in the Chinese market fine,but they're selling products worldwide no more excuses from them or any others, other companies that sell worldwide don't make excuses.

Aug 23, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #891 of 2,988
Anyone pre-ordered the M11 Plus from AdvancedMp3Players or know when their next restock is? (No response yet via email or phone call from them. Their unintentionally retro name does make me lol). HifiGo has it in stock so might get it in there instead. Wary of purchasing AliExpress and elsewhere due to custom tax etc (UK based).

Aug 23, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #892 of 2,988
I was on the fence about the M11+, as I love my M11P and was annoyed about having to buy a new model just to have Apple Music work. I also wasn’t sure about the size and weight increase with the +.

However, a local dealer about 20min away emailed me and said he just received three of them, so I figured I’d get one and see.

I’ve had the + a couple of days now and am really enjoying it!

My headphones are Shure SRH1540, using a 4.4 balanced cable.

A few points:

- there is a very noticeable improvement in sound compared to the 11P, especially in the bass. Overall, much stronger bass with more detail, as well as a bigger soundstage in general, and a lot more detail/resolution in all ranges. I'm very happy and didn't expect it to be such a difference.

- I love being able to use Apple Music Lossless/High Res and far prefer it to Tidal

- it’s generally faster and smoother to use than the 11P

- it is bigger and heavier than I would like. It’s not comfortable to hold and use for longer than a minute or two. I was enjoying listening to it for several hours the first day and holding/using it a lot, and when I went to bed my hands and wrists were actually aching

- however, the sound is so fantastic and such an improvement from the 11P, I can deal with the added size and weight

If you‘re on the fence about going from an 11P to the +, I’d recommend doing it! It has been a really enjoyable upgrade for me and I’ve been listening to music constantly since I got it. I also like not having to pay for Tidal anymore and the + will pay for itself eventually, that way.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #893 of 2,988
Thank you @Gus141 and @Thomaswa. I am going with M11 Plus. Waiting for it to be delivered by Audio46 on 8/25. I never liked Dolby atoms in IEM listening anyways.
Audio46 is a great dealer; good choice. You’ll love it!

Edit: PS: keep your eye on the Shanling M9 (limited release) news though; I think that could be a winner too. Ah, the money we put into this hobby.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #894 of 2,988

Edit: PS: keep your eye on the Shanling M9 (limited release) news though; I think that could be a winner too. Ah, the money we put into this hobby.
Thanks for the M9 tip, was not aware of it. Will watch out for it. I may need to get my divorce papers drawn out if M9 is a hit.

Aug 23, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #895 of 2,988
I ordered from Audio46 as well, with a 25 Aug delivery date!

Agree, Audio46 is great to deal with - both via internet and in person

Aug 24, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #896 of 2,988
Just got the M11+ from Audio46. Apple Music Lossless plays perfectly and the correct sampling rate shows. I had to hunt for a high power charger that could support playing and charging at the same time so you definitely need a good charger. I had no idea it came with a black case. Go figure, with M15 you got a useless wooden box, but no case. I am going to burn in for a week before serious listening, but so far nothing bad to report. Can also confirm that 1 TB SDCard works fine and you can select it for downloads in the Apple Music app. To my surprise, the Android version fo Apple Music has a basic customizable EQ! That's a nice bonus.

Aug 24, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #897 of 2,988
Anyone pre-ordered the M11 Plus from AdvancedMp3Players or know when their next restock is? (No response yet via email or phone call from them. Their unintentionally retro name does make me lol). HifiGo has it in stock so might get it in there instead. Wary of purchasing AliExpress and elsewhere due to custom tax etc (UK based).
I got mine from amp3 players but pre ordered as soon as they went up so have had mine for a while now. Price is good especially if you can find a 10% off code (there's usually a site wide one for their site).

Aug 24, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #898 of 2,988
One issue I’ve been having is that when streaming my personalized station from Apple Music, the first song plays but then the rest are silent. It looks as though the next song is playing, but there’s no sound unless I press back and restart the song.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #899 of 2,988
One issue I’ve been having is that when streaming my personalized station from Apple Music, the first song plays but then the rest are silent. It looks as though the next song is playing, but there’s no sound unless I press back and restart the song.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks in advance.

No issues for me. In fact that is what I am using for burn in. Only thing I changed from default is to disable crossfade since I don't use it.

Aug 24, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #900 of 2,988
Ordered mine from Audio46 and it will be here tomorrow! Definitely excited as I have Andromeda 2020, CA Equinox, Fiio FA9, and Hd 6XX and I've never had a dedicated DAP, only used the apple dongle with my iPhone. Interested to hear how it sounds!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back