[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Apr 19, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #46 of 2,984
Dang I just got the M11 Pro and am still in the return period. I'm wondering if I should return it and wait to get this updated version. Love the chips in the M11 Pro already and the bigger battery and android 11 is pretty awesome, though I wonder if it'll be $700 since the m11pro is $650. Only thing I dislike is the removal of the physical wheel for the volume control, otherwise I'm pretty interested in the upgrades.
I have to agree with you regarding the removal of the volume wheel. I don't think this will be worth the upgrade if you already have an M11 Pro considering they have the same DAC/AMP specs. If you use the android portion of the M11 Pro a lot then maybe you could upgrade for a faster experience. The increase in the battery is nice, but the upgrade in Processor and RAM may end up canceling out the increase in battery size. I could be wrong with regards to the battery because Qualcomm is generally considered better than the Exynos CPU.

Edit: Sound quality will not improve from the M11 Pro but a nice update UI is appreciated.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #48 of 2,984
I have to agree with you regarding the removal of the volume wheel. I don't think this will be worth the upgrade if you already have an M11 Pro considering they have the same DAC/AMP specs. If you use the android portion of the M11 Pro a lot then maybe you could upgrade for a faster experience. The increase in the battery is nice, but the upgrade in Processor and RAM may end up canceling out the increase in battery size. I could be wrong with regards to the battery because Qualcomm is generally considered better than the Exynos CPU.

Edit: Sound quality will not improve from the M11 Pro but a nice update UI is appreciated.
Oh i know the chips are inside, only reason for me to do so would be for UI upgrade and battery, both would be nice since i got this DAP to futureproof myself a bit and the android 7 feels dated(really like wavelet and that requires android 9+ or poweramp system eq android 10 since fiio's music app EQ kinda sucks which is a bummer for the pure music mode). The android 10 and a bit extra ram and battery just seems great. Wish i waited a month hahah. I only have a FiiO FH3, BL03 and V-MODA crossfade M100 at the moment but the FH3 (and fiio q3) got me really interested in audiophile gear even though i mostly listen to EDM and occasionally rock of every kind. Eyeing the E-MU Teak next. This was my first DAP and the only complaint really was the UI felt dated for a $650 device. Battery hasn't been an issue so far and on long trips i have a battery pack anyways.

I just hope they release the price soon because i can still get a full refund on my m11pro. Also wonder how long the m11 plus battery will run out on balanced

Apr 20, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #49 of 2,984
Oh i know the chips are inside, only reason for me to do so would be for UI upgrade and battery, both would be nice since i got this DAP to futureproof myself a bit and the android 7 feels dated(really like wavelet and that requires android 9+ or poweramp system eq android 10 since fiio's music app EQ kinda sucks which is a bummer for the pure music mode). The android 10 and a bit extra ram and battery just seems great. Wish i waited a month hahah. I only have a FiiO FH3, BL03 and V-MODA crossfade M100 at the moment but the FH3 (and fiio q3) got me really interested in audiophile gear even though i mostly listen to EDM and occasionally rock of every kind. Eyeing the E-MU Teak next. This was my first DAP and the only complaint really was the UI felt dated for a $650 device. Battery hasn't been an issue so far and on long trips i have a battery pack anyways.

I just hope they release the price soon because i can still get a full refund on my m11pro. Also wonder how long the m11 plus battery will run out on balanced
I'm planning on waiting myself. I'm waiting for the supply of the M11 Pro on the secondhand market to go up. I can see the upgrade being worth it if you use the android portion of the DAP. I personally won't.

Apr 26, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #53 of 2,984
Other than upgraded configurations, the M11Plus takes an innovative design for its appearance. Here are its specifications.
DAC: Dual out-of-print AK4497

Amp: THXAAA-78
SoC: Qualcomm 660+4G RAM+64G FLASH
Display: 5.5-inch 720, 18:9 LCD screen
Operation: Innovative physical volume button supporting sliding and pressing controls
Internal design: Femtosecond crystals+upgraded shielding design
Battery capacity: 6000mAh
System: all-new Android 10
Connectors: 2.5+3.5+4.4 PO output, 3.5 LO+4.4 LO output
Dimensions 136.6mm * 75.7mm * 17.6mm
Weight: Aluminium Alloy edition 310g, Stainless Steel limited edition 405g
Time to market: expected in May.
Price: to be determined.
Quantity: Both the Aluminium Alloy and Stainless Steel edition of the M11Plus will be available in limited quantities due to the halt production of AK4497. In the future, there might be a new edition of ESS DAC.

M11Plus-EN.jpg
For more details, please look forward to the #FiiO 2021 Spring Launch Event.
Hey are there any updates from the launch event on the M11 Plus? Would like to know pricing and battery life

Apr 26, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #54 of 2,984
Being a happy user of M11 for several months now. The slow volume wheel, accidental touch of buttons and battery life not long enough are my major hardware complaints. Software side, the FIIO music app needs some user friendly features for advanced users. In addition, I like the overall rectangle shape, but the button side looks ugly. Those are minor issues, like I said, I am happy with M11.

This M11 Pro seem to address most of my complaints, but I guess it is out of my budget (The price of M11 is already my upper limit.) Since I only bought it for a few months, I won't upgrade so soon anyway. Still, would like to know more about this new kid in the block.

Apr 28, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #55 of 2,984
Hey are there any updates from the launch event on the M11 Plus? Would like to know pricing and battery life
Dear friend,

Thanks for the interest. The launch event of M11Plus will be May,20th or so.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 5, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #58 of 2,984
If the sound is similar, what is the need for anyone to upgrade from the M11 Pro? From the M11, maybe. We are using these portable devices in the Gym, walking to work, etc. Do we need that last 5% when you have traffic noise in the background? I think we all need to take a step back sometimes in this hobby. It seems we are more interested in the equipment than the music.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back