[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Oct 3, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #2,311 of 2,990
The only thing that could be an issue with using the BBC app on a DAP is most of BBC’s content is country specific (I.e. can only be used in UK) and DAPs aren’t country specific. But, as long as you can log into the app on the DAP and stream when you have WiFi downloading for offline use wouldn’t be an issue.

Regardless, as long as you can use the app on the DAP to access BBC content when you have WiFi downloading for offline use would be no different than with a cellphone with WiFi/data turned off.

Oct 3, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #2,312 of 2,990
Thanks @GrBm - yes, I could sign into the Sounds app easily enough on the DAP, just trying to download anything instantly failed.

I tried giving the app permissions to the storage in Android and tried side loading most of the available versions from APK mirror after the last 2 from the Play Store wouldn't work either. As a test, I tried the BBC iPlayer app too and downloads from there failed immediately too.

It's a shame as I quite fancied an all in one device for my Roon music library plus the ability to download Sounds stuff for offline listening. After I returned the DAP, I was going to roll my own 2 piece setup with a cheap(ish) Android phone and a BTR7 Bluetooth DAC but getting a cheap Android that will properly support LDAC is proving to be a trial.

Was thinking of going back to plan A with a full DAP if anyone was able to give me comfort that Sounds would eventually work. Not many DAPs have a fullish version of Android that you can install apps from the Play Store.

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #2,313 of 2,990
My guess is why there will be no firmware update for the FIIO M11 series .... Asahi Kasei Microdevices - AKM resumes production and returns to play with new flagship D/A Converter IC, the latest AK4499EX Velvet Sound Verita is already in Astell & Kern SP3000.
Well, we are waiting for the FIIO M19 with 4xAK4499EX in new FIIO's DAP :gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #2,314 of 2,990
My guess is why there will be no firmware update for the FIIO M11 series .... Asahi Kasei Microdevices - AKM resumes production and returns to play with new flagship D/A Converter IC, the latest AK4499EX Velvet Sound Verita is already in Astell & Kern SP3000.
Well, we are waiting for the FIIO M19 with 4xAK4499EX in new FIIO's DAP :gs1000smile:
I think the reason is because it costs money

Oct 11, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #2,315 of 2,990
If you buy cheap, you buy twice.
Fiio put some of the suggestions in the new m11s, the plus owners can buy that one for the features. The Forum-Response also shifted to newer products. The Servicequality reached Hiby levels. Congrats.

Oct 13, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #2,317 of 2,990
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 27, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #2,318 of 2,990
Lately I have noticed that Bluetooth connection has become less stable and that wifi connection is also worse than before. Does anyone else have similar experience on M11Plus ESS?

Oct 27, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #2,320 of 2,990
Has anyone experienced a microSD card being auto-formatted with all of the sub-directories associated with an android phone? I recently upgraded my Fiio M11 plus microSD card to 1tb and there were literally dozens of new directories for ringtones, alarms, etc. that were created when I inserted the new card and it auto-formatted. This seemed to create issues with download speeds for off-line content and other issues with playing downloaded music. I took the painful step of deleting 500gb of downloaded content and reformatted the card through the storage utility. This time, all that was placed on the device was a single directory - Android, with a sub-directory data with several sub-directories for fiio, qobuz and amazon and the device. Download speeds have improved by 50% and the delay between initiating a track to play and actually having it play is substantially reduced. If you are having issues with DL and Playback you might want to check the card...

Oct 27, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #2,321 of 2,990
Lately I have noticed that Bluetooth connection has become less stable and that wifi connection is also worse than before. Does anyone else have similar experience on M11Plus ESS?
Yes, I've noticed the same thing with Bluetooth, jitter usually in the first 5-10 seconds of almost every song when playing a playlist on shuffle. When playing a single album straight thru I noticed it had no jitter. It started after I upgraded to the latest Fiio Music version. I have the M11Plus LTD. I tried clearing the pairing & repairing with no difference. I don't use wifi, so no comment on that. Hope that the next update to the Fiio Music player fixes it.

Oct 28, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #2,322 of 2,990
Has anyone experienced a microSD card being auto-formatted with all of the sub-directories associated with an android phone? I recently upgraded my Fiio M11 plus microSD card to 1tb and there were literally dozens of new directories for ringtones, alarms, etc. that were created when I inserted the new card and it auto-formatted. This seemed to create issues with download speeds for off-line content and other issues with playing downloaded music. I took the painful step of deleting 500gb of downloaded content and reformatted the card through the storage utility. This time, all that was placed on the device was a single directory - Android, with a sub-directory data with several sub-directories for fiio, qobuz and amazon and the device. Download speeds have improved by 50% and the delay between initiating a track to play and actually having it play is substantially reduced. If you are having issues with DL and Playback you might want to check the card...
Yes, that's how my SD card formatted, which is a bit of a pain as I only need to use the music folder.

Oct 28, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #2,323 of 2,990
Yes, that's how my SD card formatted, which is a bit of a pain as I only need to use the music folder.
My guess would be that the auto-format is controlled by the Android 10 core firmware and the format through the utility is managed by the Fiio modified portion of the code.

Oct 29, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #2,324 of 2,990
Q: Pure Music App -- Album>Sort by artist. Shows artist inbetween artist, Example: Alessandro Cortini albums then Alessia Cara inbetween. Alice in Chains albums then Alicia Keys inbetween AIC albums. Is this a bug or am I missing properly editting Metadata? Thanks for advice/ help.

Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 1.00.16 PM.png

Oct 30, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #2,325 of 2,990
I would like to ask a question to the representative of the company Fiio.
In the native player, I can't sort in the artist's folder by criteria:
A-Z/Z-A
Old to New/New to Old.
Tell me, pls, how to do it?
Thank you in advance.
PS As an example, - in the USB Audio Player PRO this is done with one click.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back